View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:09 pm

Forum rules

This is not an area to debate the pros and cons of proposed features. It is an area for people to suggest new features for either TW or TWGS. I will either add the proposed feature to my planned features list, or explain my reasons for passing on the feature at this time. Features added to the list can be voted on so I can gauge people's interest.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Crazy Idea for new Ship upgrades. 
Staff Sergeant

Unread post Crazy Idea for new Ship upgrades.
As I stated before, I spend way to much time thinking about TW..

This would really have to be in a branch of TW..

I have been thinking about the things that might make life In TW more Interesting.

The ability to custmize ships even more. Than the Basics ,Hold ,sensors ,ect..

What I am preposing would take some work on JP's part. Most likely a lot of work.

The extensions to ships would permanently use up hold space.
To mount an Extension you need that many empty holds.

So on top of the cost of the Extension your adding to your ship you have to have the holds to mount it in.

This makes the benefits balance vs the lost holds. You can never get the holds back. So think
hard before you install an extension.

Would show up in the Total holds line

Total Holds : 150 Empty: 50 Ore: 50 Ext: 50

and under the Transwarp Power line

Extensions : PDA :3 SEA: 2
This shows that there are 3 Point Defense Arrays and 2 Shield Extension Arrays

To make each ship even more unique the # of Extension that could be added to a ship would be limited.

For Extensions

Point Defense Array (PDA)
Size: 10
Cost: 50,000
Max: 5

The Point Defense Array is a cluster of fast tracking micro turrets able to destroy hostile fighters before they can engage your ships defenses. When relying on your ships generator they will destroy 0 - 10 fighters or 0- 2 mines before they can damage your ship. If you provide fuel ore to power the array, the array can engage up to 11 times before hostile craft reach engagement range or mines can detonate.

Can be set for 1 - 10 on fuel ore use .
Max Range is 0 - 110 fighters and 0 - 22 mines using 10 fuel ore
(10% chance to destroy incoming Photon Missiles before they detonate.)

Ion Pulse Cannon - (IPC)
Cost: 125,000
Max: 1

The Ion Pulse Cannon is an off shoot of the Quasar Cannon. Once mounted on your ship this powerful energy cannon can make short work of your enemy. By using micro fusion detonations to create each pulse, a super conductor array focus the Ions from the plasma discharge in to a deadly short range weapon.

Damage is 0-3 per fuel ore used With a minimum of 5 fuel ore per shot.
Settings are Off, 5 - All
Used when attacking with fighters. Hits first, then fighters

Transwarp Drive Housing (TWD)
Size: 10 * turn to warp cost.
Cost : 50,000 * Turn to Warp
max: 1

This mounts a class 1 Transwarp Drive to your ship. You can not upgrade this to a class 2, due to structure limitations. The amount of reinforcement and sub power stations require more space the larger the ship.

Augmented Drive Assembly (ADA)
Size:5 * Turn to warp cost
Cost: 25,000 * Turn to Warp cost
max: 1

The Augmented Drive Assembly(ADA) is a complex booster system that makes ships warp more efficiently. Cutting down the time to move sector to sector. The ADA requires more space and increased cost the larger the ship.

Gravitational Nullification Array ( GNA)
Size:10
Cost: 100,000
max:2

The array of gravity generators are reverse engineered from Ferrengi Battlecruisers. This will hide your ship from density scanners.

The other use is when you have a linked pair of GNA's they are able to briefly nullify the effects of an Interdictor Generator. The window to flee is microscopic if your ships drives do not engage at the right millisecond the GNA's will over heat before you are out of the Interdiction field.
This does require vast amounts of power. Uses 10 fuel ore per attempt.

Based on Turns Per Warp. - 10% per turn warp cost.
With a +-(100%) chance to escape an interdiction field. The larger the ship the lower the odds of you escaping.

Combat Guidance Computer (CGC)
Cost: 200,000
Max: 2

The Combat Guidance Computer (CGC) helps control your ship and fighters to maximize your combat odds. Using multiple Sensors and branched Com links to your fighters to attack or protect your ship with greater proficiency .

Increases your ships Offensive odds by .25
Increases your ships Defensive odds by .25
Increases the amount of fighters you can attack with by 500

Shield Extension Array (SEA)
Cost: 75,000
Max: 2

The Shield Extension Array is a extended bank of shield arrays and capacitors allowing your ships to carry 50% more shields than stock.
( shields sold separately)

Auxiliary Storage Expansion (ASE)
Cost: 30,000
Max: 1

This expansion doubles the storage for Auxiliary supplies, Due to the design differences the ships with a large amount of auxiliary storage get a greater benefit. This is due to having to rout the ductus and more complex feed mechanisms vs ships already set up to handle large amounts of supplies.

this effects
Mines, Genesis Torpedos, Beacons, Photons, Corbomite Devices, Cloaking Devices, Ether probes, Atomic Detonators, Mine Disrupters

Fighter Bay Extension (FBE)
Cost: 50,000
Max: 10

This Extension allows your ship to carry and support more fighters, each extension is able to support up to 500 fighters.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:23 pm
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Crazy Idea for new Ship upgrades.
I don't have time to comment on all of this stuff. As before, some good ideas here. I just want to say that I have some new features planned that should interest you, even if they're not specifically these kinds of things. They're aimed at allowing people to do more to customize their games themselves, because I don't have the ability to explore all of the interesting ideas people bring to me.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]