View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 am

Forum rules

This is not an area to debate the pros and cons of proposed features. It is an area for people to suggest new features for either TW or TWGS. I will either add the proposed feature to my planned features list, or explain my reasons for passing on the feature at this time. Features added to the list can be voted on so I can gauge people's interest.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Couple things I think would be cool in TWGS v3.x 
Commander

Unread post Couple things I think would be cool in TWGS v3.x
I think it would be really cool if:

+Photons only knocked off 2k Shields points on any ship, until below 2k, and then turns are effected.

+There were more options for returning to game after getting SD'd. for exmaple: X-number of hours

Just a thought

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:02 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

Unread post Re: Couple things I think would be cool in TWGS v3.x
LoneStar wrote:
+There were more options for returning to game after getting SD'd. for exmaple: X-number of hours

That should already be possible using botlink.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Couple things I think would be cool in TWGS v3.x
Yeah, that's kind of what got me started on Botlink. Once I opened up this area, I found that there were a lot of good ideas and really no way to implement all of them. So it would be better to provide a way for people to decide for themselves what is worth doing. I'm sure there will still be some things that can only be done internally, but the goal of Botlink is to allow you to customize gameplay far beyond what the editors have allowed in the past.

The part of Botlink that will allow this kind of change is the hook system. There will be hooks related to all of the major gameplay actions, like the photon. In this case, you could hook the prePhoton event, save the turns of all players in the sector, take away 2K shields from all players, then, after the photon effect processes normally, restore turns for any players who still have shields. There may be other ways to accomplish it. The main thing is, it will open up a lot of opportunities for customizations like this.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]