View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:07 am

Forum rules


This is not an area to debate the pros and cons of proposed features. It is an area for people to suggest new features for either TW or TWGS. I will either add the proposed feature to my planned features list, or explain my reasons for passing on the feature at this time. Features added to the list can be voted on so I can gauge people's interest.



Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Alien Q cannon adjustment 
Author Message
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1010
Unread post Alien Q cannon adjustment
Random thought. I think it would be interesting to put a alien q cannon cannon adjustment capability in the functions of the game. Have the aliens adjust their cannons accordingly if they are being invaded by humans. This would give a much great feel for *live* aliens in the game. I'm not sure of coding but it's a thought!


Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:01 am
Profile
Commander

Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 1706
Location: Guam USA
Unread post Re: Alien Q cannon adjustment
This is entirely possible with the Bot Link and some code.

But till that continues to develop and gets released.
I don't know what to say.

_________________
TWGS V2 Vids World on Guam Port 2002
Telnet://202.151.82.243:2002
Team Speak3 Servers for TradeWars @
Zoom's Team Speak Server
ts3server://vs26.tserverhq.com:7214 This is where I'm at.

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla
Image

Image
Image


Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:32 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran Op
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 2054
Location: Oklahoma
Unread post Re: Alien Q cannon adjustment
I wrote a script for a game a few years ago that randomly adjusted the cannon's several times a day until it dropped below 75% Ore on the planet just to mess with people. Once it was at 75% I figured they were serious about invading.....but if the ore regained above 75% it started adjusting again.

_________________
T0yman
Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.


Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:52 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1010
Unread post Re: Alien Q cannon adjustment
Vid Kid wrote:
This is entirely possible with the Bot Link and some code.

But till that continues to develop and gets released.
I don't know what to say.



Have hope :)


Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:06 am
Profile
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1010
Unread post Re: Alien Q cannon adjustment
T0yman wrote:
I wrote a script for a game a few years ago that randomly adjusted the cannon's several times a day until it dropped below 75% Ore on the planet just to mess with people. Once it was at 75% I figured they were serious about invading.....but if the ore regained above 75% it started adjusting again.


Is this a public script. This could be a useful tool for sysops to use. Possibly use it with a edit where the object is Aliens vs Players. This would be something cool to add up with the wondering trophy planet like Vid does. hmmmmmm ;-)


Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:08 am
Profile
Veteran Op
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 2054
Location: Oklahoma
Unread post Re: Alien Q cannon adjustment
Comet wrote:
T0yman wrote:
I wrote a script for a game a few years ago that randomly adjusted the cannon's several times a day until it dropped below 75% Ore on the planet just to mess with people. Once it was at 75% I figured they were serious about invading.....but if the ore regained above 75% it started adjusting again.


Is this a public script. This could be a useful tool for sysops to use. Possibly use it with a edit where the object is Aliens vs Players. This would be something cool to add up with the wondering trophy planet like Vid does. hmmmmmm ;-)

Nope, I like most sysops never released any of my server side scripts. It is a fairly simple script and wouldn't take much to write.

_________________
T0yman
Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.


Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:33 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.