View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:11 am

Forum rules

This is not an area to debate the pros and cons of proposed features. It is an area for people to suggest new features for either TW or TWGS. I will either add the proposed feature to my planned features list, or explain my reasons for passing on the feature at this time. Features added to the list can be voted on so I can gauge people's interest.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Those lovely Internal Aliens! 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Those lovely Internal Aliens!
Sigh...

If I could just turn on Scorpions for Internal Ferrengi and activate trading for Internal Alien Traders, then I would never even consider Gold aliens again!

Ok, I'm exaggerating! But it sounded so much more powerful that way!

But wouldn't that be cool?!

66.26.112.116:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:16 pm
Commander

Unread post Re: Those lovely Internal Aliens!
Lionmane wrote:
Sigh...

If I could just turn on Scorpions for Internal Ferrengi and activate trading for Internal Alien Traders, then I would never even consider Gold aliens again!

Ok, I'm exaggerating! But it sounded so much more powerful that way!

But wouldn't that be cool?!

I for one would like the original doors game version of the ferrengi added back to tradewars , as the internal aliens .. that way they were trickier to capture.
And maybe fix the planets to use Gold planets instead of the default M planet , too easy to take.

Vid

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

I'm curious why people are saying they prefer internal ferrengi/aliens instead of gold?

From what I have seen, the internal ones don't do much of anything and provide almost no challenge. The gold aliens, on the other hand, are much more engaging. I'm wondering what details I am not aware of.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:45 pm
Commander

Briana wrote:
I'm curious why people are saying they prefer internal ferrengi/aliens instead of gold?

From what I have seen, the internal ones don't do much of anything and provide almost no challenge. The gold aliens, on the other hand, are much more engaging. I'm wondering what details I am not aware of.

I am not saying I like the internal aliens , but if we were to get back the Ferrengi Over Lord from Doors version , it would have to be done using the internal aliens or the NOT released Bot Link feature with a command script.

That is all I mean by this.

Vid

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Gold Aliens are undefeatable. And they can spawn sector figs with the worst of them. I suppose it depends on the kind of game you want.

I bang my own edits with Internal aliens and add scaled-back Gold aliens to give a modern flavor.

Edit: the door games were excellent in concept, but to me seemed flawed in gameplay. In particular, I remember one of the groups of aliens stealing money from my citadel and completely bypassing the sector and planetary defenses. The feature you mentioned in another thread of the Ferrengi Overlord "turning" the player's sector figs is a good one, however. If these features could be added, I would certainly be interested. However, I wouldn't be interested in aliens bypassing all defenses and stealing from the player. It would need to follow the rules.

66.26.112.116:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]