View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:03 pm

Forum rules


1. Each thread must begin with the Tournament Name, date expected to open, host server information, and rules if this information is available.
2. After the tournament officially opens, we will then open the thread to general discussion of the tournament.
3. There will be one thread here per tournament.
4. Members not in the game are allowed to comment on the game, however if this results in arguments that get personal the member NOT playing will be banned from the thread. This can be a temporary or permanent ban.
5. Posts viewed by the admin/moderators of this site as being out of line with the intent of this thread, can be moved or deleted at the moderators discretion.
6. Continued violations of the rules of this thread can result in the temporary or in extreme cases a permanent ban from this thread.



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 June Monthly Challenge Tourney 
Author Message
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:00 am
Posts: 1197
Location: Canada
Unread post Re: June Monthly Challenge Tourney
Congrats Flying Aces for a decisive win. It probably goes without saying but I think that the Flying Aces should be considered the best all time Perma-Corp, especially since Ground Zero doesn't compete anymore :!:

I hope that the Servers performance met with everyones expectation and i hoped that the game lasted longer to get a performance indicator. Perhaps the 5k sectors should be upped a bit. I'm hoping to find the time to participate in the next Tournament!

_________________
----------------------------
-= There are 10 types of people in the world: Those that understand Binary and those who do not
-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?


Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:28 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3625
Location: USA
Unread post Re: June Monthly Challenge Tourney
Helix wrote:
Well good game, from us, we are done. :) And cruncher, hanging out in Fed Space doesn't get you 2nd place LOL


You lost your planets and grid before we did, I call that second place.

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

flash client: http://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2004/PlayTW.html
Web page from 1990's: http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:14 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3625
Location: USA
Unread post Re: June Monthly Challenge Tourney
Kewlbreeze wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
Micro wrote:
none.


I guess that means we came in second place this time. Yay us! :)


I thought you guys quit yesterday? It's that what all the good games were about?


No, I was complimenting you on a good game. I was impressed at how quickly you took my 20% grid down to 400.

And... I knew then there wasn't a snowball's chance to make a dent in your corp.

After the dust cleared, I saw that we still have two Pair of Jacks fig'd, so we used that opportunity to go down with a fight! It's not often we get the opportunity to test our "mettle" against you guys.

Helix, these Challenge games are fun! Keep'em up!

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

flash client: http://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2004/PlayTW.html
Web page from 1990's: http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:20 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3625
Location: USA
Unread post Re: June Monthly Challenge Tourney
LoneStar wrote:
Congrats Flying Aces for a decisive win. It probably goes without saying but I think that the Flying Aces should be considered the best all time Perma-Corp, especially since Ground Zero doesn't compete anymore :!:

I hope that the Servers performance met with everyones expectation and i hoped that the game lasted longer to get a performance indicator. Perhaps the 5k sectors should be upped a bit. I'm hoping to find the time to participate in the next Tournament!


Perhaps next time the sysop won't choose an edit where the planet bangs with product. LOL

I'm sorry, but Flying Aces have perfected their MOO2 scripts to the n'th degree. I doubt even Ground Zero could compete against them in this edit and win.

Your server was great, thanks for hosting Lone Star.

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

flash client: http://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2004/PlayTW.html
Web page from 1990's: http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:25 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Gunnery Sergeant

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 23
Unread post Re: June Monthly Challenge Tourney
Cruncher wrote:
Perhaps next time the sysop won't choose an edit where the planet bangs with product. LOL

I'm sorry, but Flying Aces have perfected their MOO2 scripts to the n'th degree. I doubt even Ground Zero could compete against them in this edit and win.

Your server was great, thanks for hosting Lone Star.


Perhaps dealing with new-planet product would be good tool for your arsenal, so you'll be ready to deal with it the next time one of these games shows up. This is a fairly common feature. If you're worried about getting killed while getting torps at the dock, just send a gopher then swap ships.

Thanks again, Lone Star.


Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:19 am
Profile
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3625
Location: USA
Unread post Re: June Monthly Challenge Tourney
Farnsworth wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
Perhaps next time the sysop won't choose an edit where the planet bangs with product. LOL

I'm sorry, but Flying Aces have perfected their MOO2 scripts to the n'th degree. I doubt even Ground Zero could compete against them in this edit and win.

Your server was great, thanks for hosting Lone Star.


Perhaps dealing with new-planet product would be good tool for your arsenal, so you'll be ready to deal with it the next time one of these games shows up. This is a fairly common feature. If you're worried about getting killed while getting torps at the dock, just send a gopher then swap ships.

Thanks again, Lone Star.


Getting torps at dock wasn't the problem, I should have attacked SD to self pod rather than triggering your corp mine. No problem, I wasn't using many turns last night anyhow. I believe I did hit you with one. If the game is still up at extern tonight I'm going to log in to get the full dailies from last night, unless you guys care to post them.

We just had a different strategy for the planet product. After you started grid busting BH then realized what KB was up to.

We made mistakes, we learned from them, we will be back!

Which corp cost you the most? Never mind... I think I know the answer to that. ;)

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

flash client: http://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2004/PlayTW.html
Web page from 1990's: http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:12 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran Op
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 2053
Location: Oklahoma
Unread post Re: June Monthly Challenge Tourney
Big D, Kewlbreeze & Cruncher - Take it elsewhere, I will not play baby sitter to your rants. I deleted the posts to clean it up, put it in a more appropriate place but not in this the section I mod. Tournament Talk ONLY.

As I stated earlier - He/She started it will not fly.

_________________
T0yman
Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.


Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:48 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3625
Location: USA
Unread post Re: June Monthly Challenge Tourney
T0yman wrote:
Big D, Kewlbreeze & Cruncher - Take it elsewhere, I will not play baby sitter to your rants. I deleted the posts to clean it up, put it in a more appropriate place but not in this the section I mod. Tournament Talk ONLY.

As I stated earlier - He/She started it will not fly.


Since the winner of this tournament has been declared, you may as well close it then.

Edited - comments not tournament related were removed.

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

flash client: http://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2004/PlayTW.html
Web page from 1990's: http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:33 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.