View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:43 pm

Forum rules

1. Each thread must begin with the Tournament Name, date expected to open, host server information, and rules if this information is available.
2. After the tournament officially opens, we will then open the thread to general discussion of the tournament.
3. There will be one thread here per tournament.
4. Members not in the game are allowed to comment on the game, however if this results in arguments that get personal the member NOT playing will be banned from the thread. This can be a temporary or permanent ban.
5. Posts viewed by the admin/moderators of this site as being out of line with the intent of this thread, can be moved or deleted at the moderators discretion.
6. Continued violations of the rules of this thread can result in the temporary or in extreme cases a permanent ban from this thread.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Big Game 2013 
Ensign

Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
More buggy crap--

This is what happens when I pdrop with the IG on

Iron Ranger warps out of the sector.
Deployed Fighters Report Sector 20305: Iron Ranger retreated.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:43 pm
Ensign

Star Killer wrote:
zipp wrote:
Strider2 wrote:
There seems to be a problem with this edit. I got an H with IG on in sector with Iron Ranger. He was able to retreat off my def figs. This seems to be the second time this has happened. What should have been a pod was a dud.

I really do not want to play in a game where hours of play ends in a glitch.

I worry that the scripter in this case will continue to take advantage of a 'bug' not only in this game but in the future. Is there anyway to fix this? This should capture the attention of JP.

This game is so stale that it's become a lame adventure. They can grid using this bug but they cannot kill us. They can't take our planets or get our resources.

Stale Stale Stale :!:

we control over 75% of the grid. when we get to 99% let the TBH decide if its still a stalemate.

This is not grid wars........ It's tradewars. STALEMATE
Further, you are getting it by exploiting a bug!

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:44 pm
1st Sergeant

This "bug" prevents the game from being played like it was meant to be played. No point in playing a defective edit!As a result, it should be called, IMHO.

It takes the fun out of playing it if the thing does not work as it should. It is a major error when planet IG's do not hold the opposing team in sector. It takes away our ability to defend our sectors as well.

Call this game!

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:23 pm
1st Sergeant

Star Killer wrote:
Strider2 wrote:
There seems to be a problem with this edit. I got an H with IG on in sector with Iron Ranger. He was able to retreat off my def figs. This seems to be the second time this has happened. What should have been a pod was a dud.

we are happily still playing...but if you want to quit feel free. but don't call something a glitch when it was just skill and better play by our scripter god.

sk

Star Killer, that is BS! He should have been held in sector by the IG and photoned or citcapped. It had nothing to do with your script, it is a bug in the game.
And I just may quit as I see no point playing a map that does not work properly.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:26 pm
1st Sergeant

Star Killer wrote:
zipp wrote:
Strider2 wrote:

I worry that the scripter in this case will continue to take advantage of a 'bug' not only in this game but in the future. Is there anyway to fix this? This should capture the attention of JP.

This game is so stale that it's become a lame adventure. They can grid using this bug but they cannot kill us. They can't take our planets or get our resources.

Stale Stale Stale :!:

we control over 75% of the grid. when we get to 99% let the TBH decide if its still a stalemate.

You know, we could grid at the same snails pace as you guys. But what is the point? The game would go on forever. You cannot get through our bubble(s) and we have enough protetced ports to cash all we need.
This game is getting lame and you guys just do not want to admit it is going nowhere.
BTW, no gets to decide on a winner. The way you win is clearly outlined in the rules as set forth before we started.
I know you are all excited at not being knock out early on, and this must be a great thing for a guy used to defeat. But let's get real here. If you think you can take us out, come get some. Otherwise, wise up and call it what it is, a waste of time and energy.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:32 pm
1st Sergeant

Another great escape, this is crazy!

R mob {mob} - Foton Fired - Sector => 19397!
R Zip CK PDROP v. 3.0.0 - Direct Mode
R Zip Targetting Everyone
R Zip Successful Pdrop into sector 19397 !!!
R Zip Enemy in my sector! Halting Script!
R Zip .

And then he just left the sector......again. IG proof I guess. What crap!

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:50 pm
Ambassador

Strider2 wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
Strider2 wrote:

we are happily still playing...but if you want to quit feel free. but don't call something a glitch when it was just skill and better play by our scripter god.

sk

Star Killer, that is BS! He should have been held in sector by the IG and photoned or citcapped. It had nothing to do with your script, it is a bug in the game.
And I just may quit as I see no point playing a map that does not work properly.

You are admitting defeat?

The gridder being used now was created on UTW, polished on my server, and executed flawlessly by my "Wizard" and team in the Big Game.

Our map works just fine, thank you.

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:06 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Strider2 wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
Strider2 wrote:

sk

to funny..... you guys just cant admit your getting beat so it has to be a "bug" in the game....LOL

Look, TBH already said he wouldn't call it a stale until we play for at least six months so if you want the stale your going to have to wait or quit now and amit you lost.

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Ensign

Star Killer wrote:
Strider2 wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
Strider2 wrote:

sk

to funny..... you guys just cant admit your getting beat so it has to be a "bug" in the game....LOL

Look, TBH already said he wouldn't call it a stale until we play for at least six months so if you want the stale your going to have to wait or quit now and amit you lost.

Amit we lost? We didn't lose, you do not know the game. TBH can't make new rules up in the middle of a game dooooood. Amit you can't get to us, and your wasting your time. Either that or admit you can't invade or kill us.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:26 pm
Ambassador

Cruncher wrote:
Strider2 wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
Strider2 wrote:

sk

The gridder being used now was created on UTW, polished on my server, and executed flawlessly by my "Wizard" and team in the Big Game.

I'm confused, is there a bug here?

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:42 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ensign

Micro wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
Strider2 wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
Strider2 wrote:

sk

Yes there is. We can get into the sector, IG on, with the enemy but they can retreat off our figs. They simply leave the sector.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:50 pm
1st Sergeant

Micro wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
Strider2 wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
Strider2 wrote:

sk

Yes, we get into sector with them but they just leave while our planet IG is on... This has happened several times, 2 for me, and 3 or 4 for TV, and a few for Zip. Here is my last episode with this bug.

'{st} - PLOCK Launched

Message sent on sub-space channel XXXXX.

Citadel command (?=help) ¡hìÜS

<Scan Sector>

Sector : 11346 in uncharted space.
Planets : <<<< (H) . >>>> (Shielded)
Traders : Lieutenant Iron Ranger [1], w/ 4 ftrs,
in Planet Scanner (Pescador Imperial StarShip)
Fighters: 85,151 (belong to your Corp) [Defensive]
Mines : 10 (Type 1 Armid) (belong to your Corp)
: 2 (Type 2 Limpet) (belong to your Corp)
Warps to Sector(s) : 10847 - 14389 - 16508 - 17277 - 25676

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 pm
Boo! inc.

Looks like some peeps don't understand the finer mechanics of the game. PIG only holds a player that *begins* to warp, not a player who is already in mid-warp (and still shows in sector) when planet arrives. Been that way since 1.03 at least.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:03 pm
Profile ICQ
Ensign

Xanos wrote:
Looks like some peeps don't understand the finer mechanics of the game. PIG only holds a player that *begins* to warp, not a player who is already in mid-warp (and still shows in sector) when planet arrives. Been that way since 1.03 at least.

While we are in sector with the IG on they retreat off our planet. This happens 4-5 times a day. We see them they have like 4 figs left after hitting our sector figs, then they retreat. This is a bug doooood.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:09 pm
Gameop

Bullcrap
if you see them its suppose to be toast for them. The Darn version is broke lol. I have played before where you see the game tell you they warp out as you get there. But, if your script can scan the sector and see them I dont care what kind of burst your doing, it outta snag em. Your taking advantage of a GAME BUG! And I call it that because the Darn version is broke. And, this shouldn't be happening.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:11 pm
Profile ICQ
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next