View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Forum rules


1. Each thread must begin with the Tournament Name, date expected to open, host server information, and rules if this information is available.
2. After the tournament officially opens, we will then open the thread to general discussion of the tournament.
3. There will be one thread here per tournament.
4. Members not in the game are allowed to comment on the game, however if this results in arguments that get personal the member NOT playing will be banned from the thread. This can be a temporary or permanent ban.
5. Posts viewed by the admin/moderators of this site as being out of line with the intent of this thread, can be moved or deleted at the moderators discretion.
6. Continued violations of the rules of this thread can result in the temporary or in extreme cases a permanent ban from this thread.



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Big Game 2013 
Author Message
Ensign
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:56 pm
Posts: 249
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
Cruncher wrote:
Star Killer wrote:


I care, jed cares, Iron Ranger cares, Loc its still with us. even cruncher cares and shes dead. im at the keys almost every night or we are over on crunchers server profecting scripts in the test game. the only people who don't really seam to care are is you guys. you have been trying to end this game ever since KB got killed. if you really want it to end so bad quit so we can complete our victory.


Well said SK!



According to Cruncher that is. Hey Cruncher is that how we won the lottery game?


More from the land of the dead... What is going on here?
ping : 234 ms
ping : 266 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 406 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
----------------
Min: 234 Max: 406 Average: 298 -- Darn, I hope someone is running

Now what is that about?

_________________
Image
Image
Image Image


Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:53 pm
Profile
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3625
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
The Bounty Hunter wrote:
I did no such thing. Most games don' normally last this long (going by most recent history). I will come up with a solution that will determine the winner. That will be some variation of lives left, players left, grid, assets, ect. I do not have a time frame either to make this determination but would let the game go on until the 6 month point before it came to that.

Unless the 2 captains can agree on something prior o that.


My 2 cents.... I was sent a copy of last night's fed chat.

ANYONE can turtle and accumulate assets. No skill there...

We started this game one player short, soon after lost two players due to connectivity issues. Yet, we kept playing...

Even with those odds, we successfully invaded a defended base.

We chased them out of a second defended base.

We maintain and successfully defend the majority of the grid.

In my eyes, we've won this game by any standard. They with their superior numbers failed to even attempt to retake a defended base.

TBH as the host said he'd call it, my guys are willing to continue to grid. Word from Chaos is his machine may be fixed soon...

Until my guys say they're done, I as Captain do not concede.

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

flash client: http://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2004/PlayTW.html
Web page from 1990's: http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:32 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3625
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
zipp wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
Star Killer wrote:


I care, jed cares, Iron Ranger cares, Loc its still with us. even cruncher cares and shes dead. im at the keys almost every night or we are over on crunchers server profecting scripts in the test game. the only people who don't really seam to care are is you guys. you have been trying to end this game ever since KB got killed. if you really want it to end so bad quit so we can complete our victory.


Well said SK!



According to Cruncher that is. Hey Cruncher is that how we won the lottery game?


More from the land of the dead... What is going on here?
ping : 234 ms
ping : 266 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 406 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
----------------
Min: 234 Max: 406 Average: 298 -- Darn, I hope someone is running

Now what is that about?


And your point is? I think my ping was worse...

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

flash client: http://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2004/PlayTW.html
Web page from 1990's: http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:33 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Ensign
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:56 pm
Posts: 249
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
Cruncher wrote:
zipp wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
Star Killer wrote:


I care, jed cares, Iron Ranger cares, Loc its still with us. even cruncher cares and shes dead. im at the keys almost every night or we are over on crunchers server profecting scripts in the test game. the only people who don't really seam to care are is you guys. you have been trying to end this game ever since KB got killed. if you really want it to end so bad quit so we can complete our victory.


Well said SK!



According to Cruncher that is. Hey Cruncher is that how we won the lottery game?


More from the land of the dead... What is going on here?
ping : 234 ms
ping : 266 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 406 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
ping : 297 ms
----------------
Min: 234 Max: 406 Average: 298 -- Darn, I hope someone is running

Now what is that about?


And your point is? I think my ping was worse...



The point is--------- That we one the lottery tourney but killing all of you and taking all of your assets. We didn't say "we're close enough, give the win to us"

If you want to win, come get us..........

_________________
Image
Image
Image Image


Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:33 pm
Profile
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3625
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
zipp wrote:
Cruncher wrote:

And your point is? I think my ping was worse...



The point is--------- That we one the lottery tourney but killing all of you and taking all of your assets. We didn't say "we're close enough, give the win to us"

If you want to win, come get us..........


Same goes for you, if you don't want to wait for TBH to call it, come kill us.. we're easy, very few lives left.

Heh...

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

flash client: http://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2004/PlayTW.html
Web page from 1990's: http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
1st Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:29 pm
Posts: 47
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
Star Killer wrote:
Strider2 wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
Kewlbreeze wrote:
still can't say stalemate? Grid don't matter if you can't get in while we can get out.



Jed is like the energizer bunny... he just keeps going and going....

He's continuing to refine his gridding script, that's dang near impossible to stop now. It will come in handy in future games.

And, in the end no one knows how TBH is going to score this game, we figure 99% grid is worth something. ;)


Not impossible to stop Jed's dridding, I do it daily. Well, I slow him way down anyway. There is always a way to mess up someone's progress. Right now we are playing foton wars. And most of your team is on 4 deaths and can't afford to take risks.
Gridding is not going to win you the game. And I don't care what some 3rd party decides after the rules have been set. Hell, I can't even get the host to post a death count up in here.
No one cares about this game anymore. But if Jed wants to spend sleepless nights gridding to no effect, that is up to him.




I care, jed cares, Iron Ranger cares, Loc its still with us. even cruncher cares and shes dead. im at the keys almost every night or we are over on crunchers server profecting scripts in the test game. the only people who don't really seam to care are is you guys. you have been trying to end this game ever since KB got killed. if you really want it to end so bad quit so we can complete our victory.


KB's death has absolutely nothing to do with anything. You cannot win this game! But neither can we. So it is over. You will have to accept that fact eventually. As they say, a wish in one hand and............. well you know the rest.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:55 pm
Profile
1st Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:29 pm
Posts: 47
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
Cruncher wrote:
The Bounty Hunter wrote:
I did no such thing. Most games don' normally last this long (going by most recent history). I will come up with a solution that will determine the winner. That will be some variation of lives left, players left, grid, assets, ect. I do not have a time frame either to make this determination but would let the game go on until the 6 month point before it came to that.

Unless the 2 captains can agree on something prior o that.


My 2 cents.... I was sent a copy of last night's fed chat.

ANYONE can turtle and accumulate assets. No skill there...

We started this game one player short, soon after lost two players due to connectivity issues. Yet, we kept playing...

Even with those odds, we successfully invaded a defended base.

We chased them out of a second defended base.

We maintain and successfully defend the majority of the grid.

In my eyes, we've won this game by any standard. They with their superior numbers failed to even attempt to retake a defended base.

TBH as the host said he'd call it, my guys are willing to continue to grid. Word from Chaos is his machine may be fixed soon...

Until my guys say they're done, I as Captain do not concede.


All of a sudden I feel like this game just went from a well pre-established rule driven game to an undefined personal standards game. Is that how we decide winners now, not by taking out all of the enemy and controlling who can come into the game, but by some 3rd party's opinion based on some made up formula.
Well if that is true, I won't be playing in any more tourneys hosted by any of these deciders in the future. I like to know the criteria to win before I start, not after the fact.
And Oh BTW, you have more deaths and more players with 4 deaths on the edge. The odds that the next player to be knocked out is on your team.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:03 am
Profile
1st Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:29 pm
Posts: 47
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
Cruncher wrote:
zipp wrote:
Cruncher wrote:

And your point is? I think my ping was worse...



The point is--------- That we one the lottery tourney but killing all of you and taking all of your assets. We didn't say "we're close enough, give the win to us"

If you want to win, come get us..........


Same goes for you, if you don't want to wait for TBH to call it, come kill us.. we're easy, very few lives left.

Heh...


Unless the rules state the game cannot end in a stalemate, no one can call it.
And what is up with these pings all of a sudden? If this continues, the server host should call the game!
S: ping : 266 ms
S: ping : 344 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ping : 312 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ----------------
S: Min: 266 Max: 344 Average: 300 -- Gridding, not
S: High/Low Removed Average: 298
S: Min:Max Split: 78 Mild Intermittent Lag Detected

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:05 am
Profile
Ensign
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:56 pm
Posts: 249
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
Strider2 wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
zipp wrote:
Cruncher wrote:

And your point is? I think my ping was worse...



The point is--------- That we one the lottery tourney but killing all of you and taking all of your assets. We didn't say "we're close enough, give the win to us"

If you want to win, come get us..........


Same goes for you, if you don't want to wait for TBH to call it, come kill us.. we're easy, very few lives left.

Heh...



Some pings are over 1500 and I can not even log out of the game, I have to disconnect.

This is plainly LAME




Unless the rules state the game cannot end in a stalemate, no one can call it.
And what is up with these pings all of a sudden? If this continues, the server host should call the game!
S: ping : 266 ms
S: ping : 344 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ping : 312 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ping : 297 ms
S: ----------------
S: Min: 266 Max: 344 Average: 300 -- Gridding, not
S: High/Low Removed Average: 298
S: Min:Max Split: 78 Mild Intermittent Lag Detected

_________________
Image
Image
Image Image


Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:56 pm
Profile
Boo! inc.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 29
Location: earth
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
Good game everyone... Killbillies hereby agrees to a tied game ending. Special thanks to all my crew and to Bounty Hunter for outstanding server management.

Y'all come back now, hear? :)

_________________
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?!


Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:05 pm
Profile ICQ
Ensign
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:56 pm
Posts: 249
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
Xanos wrote:
Good game everyone... Killbillies hereby agrees to a tied game ending. Special thanks to all my crew and to Bounty Hunter for outstanding server management.

Y'all come back now, hear? :)


Thanks to all for the time you spent on this game. I'm glad to see it go now, was getting boring.

_________________
Image
Image
Image Image


Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:48 pm
Profile
Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 548
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
Xanos wrote:
Good game everyone... Killbillies hereby agrees to a tied game ending. Special thanks to all my crew and to Bounty Hunter for outstanding server management.

Y'all come back now, hear? :)



Thanks all this game was a lot of fun and never boring. thanks to all my corpies. and a big thanks to Xanos aka jed aka gridding master. the game ended in a stalemate but speaking for myself. I will always feel we won. thanks to aces for sticking it out with us. and i would like to say for all future tounry's we either remove the death limit or at least set it high enough as to where mothing and invading are possible and a point system is a must!

thanks again all

sk

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Proud Member of Killbillies & Cloud09 Perma Corps
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
TWGS V2 Telnet://SK-TWGS.COM:2002]
TWGS V1 Telnet://V1.SK-TWGS.COM:2002]
Website: http://sk-ice9.com
TeamSpeak 3 Server: ts3server://sk-twgs.com
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
ICQ: 693542389
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
The Sprawl V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West


Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:12 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3625
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
Xanos wrote:
Good game everyone... Killbillies hereby agrees to a tied game ending. Special thanks to all my crew and to Bounty Hunter for outstanding server management.

Y'all come back now, hear? :)


Thank you! We have the best corp playing today, and just think we've only all been together for a few short months! I'm very proud of how everyone played, and yes in our hearts we know we won Big Game 2013! ;)


Jed, you forgot to post your BG funnies!

<Scan Sector>

Sector : 657 in uncharted space.
Beacon : GG
Ports : Kewl's Tombstone, Class 7 (SSS)
(Under Construction - 2 days left) Planets : <<<< (H) White Widow >>>> (Shielded)
(L) .
(L) .
(O) .
(M) .
(U) .
(U) .
(U) .
(M) .
(M) .
(U) .
Fighters: 1,008 (belong to your Corp) [Defensive]
Mines : 5 (Type 1 Armid) (belong to your Corp)
: 3 (Type 2 Limpet) (belong to your Corp) Warps to Sector(s) : 5334 - 26905

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

flash client: http://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2004/PlayTW.html
Web page from 1990's: http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:31 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
1st Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:29 pm
Posts: 47
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
Well, GG all! It seems to me that after we took out Iron Ranger your team decided they could no longer win. In fact, you could not have won even with IR. But if declaring you won makes Cruncher and SK'r feel better, who am I to interject reality?

Again, Well played all, especially Flying Aces for showing that even when we get behind, we can come back and out cash and out play anyone!

_________________
Image
Image


Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:26 pm
Profile
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:00 am
Posts: 1419
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Big Game 2013
The game was over as soon as both teams had Shielded planets.

GG all.... Finally 8)

_________________
Image
Image
Founding Member of: Flying Ace's


Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:35 pm
Profile ICQ
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.