View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:47 pm

Forum rules

1. Each thread must begin with the Tournament Name, date expected to open, host server information, and rules if this information is available.
2. After the tournament officially opens, we will then open the thread to general discussion of the tournament.
3. There will be one thread here per tournament.
4. Members not in the game are allowed to comment on the game, however if this results in arguments that get personal the member NOT playing will be banned from the thread. This can be a temporary or permanent ban.
5. Posts viewed by the admin/moderators of this site as being out of line with the intent of this thread, can be moved or deleted at the moderators discretion.
6. Continued violations of the rules of this thread can result in the temporary or in extreme cases a permanent ban from this thread.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Ice 2014 Thread 
Commander

Unread post Re: Ice 2014 Thread
So the only thing we need to resolve is the game length? do we want a end date? and if so how long?

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Ensign

Flying Aces-

Kewlbreeze
Zep
Zip
Trader Vic
Tracker
Iron Ranger

StarKillers-

Star Killer
Astrochimp
CBYnot
Pestilence
Tweety
Trahern

Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:42 pm
Commander

the edit I 1st posted was not set up for what zip and I agreed to. (IE sectors turns ports etc...) I will be posting the corrected edit when I have it done.

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Here is now the final edit that Zip and I agreed on. Please make sure TBH gets it. was created on a V1 server.

Attachment:
ICE2014.TWA [713.32 KiB]
Downloaded 573 times

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:00 am
Profile WWW
Ensign

What time is extern/maintenance/midnight gonna be for the tournament? Will it be the same as it is on TBH server right now (midnight and extern happen at different times, I think)? Our corp was maybe thinking about asking him to change it so at least they both happen at the same time... would Flying Aces be open to that, or you guys want to keep it as-is?

Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:45 am
Profile ICQ
Ensign

Extern is usually set to 12:00 midnight, server time

Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:28 am
Ensign

Astrochimp wrote:
What time is extern/maintenance/midnight gonna be for the tournament? Will it be the same as it is on TBH server right now (midnight and extern happen at different times, I think)? Our corp was maybe thinking about asking him to change it so at least they both happen at the same time... would Flying Aces be open to that, or you guys want to keep it as-is?

I think BH is in EST. I'm not asking him to bang two separate games so you can check his game settings. The twa is already set for MBBS, I'll note that to him.
Look we can't stamp out a game. Nothing is or should be EXACTLY what your practicing on. We agreed on settings and they were satisfactory to both of us.
After that, at some point you have to say, "play the game".

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:01 am
Commander

zipp wrote:
Astrochimp wrote:

I think BH is in EST. I'm not asking him to bang two separate games so you can check his game settings. The twa is already set for MBBS, I'll note that to him.
Look we can't stamp out a game. Nothing is or should be EXACTLY what your practicing on. We agreed on settings and they were satisfactory to both of us.

agreed!

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:04 am
Profile WWW
Ensign

zipp wrote:
Astrochimp wrote:

Nobody asked you to to ask TBH to bang two separate games.

Star Killer posted the TWA above, so there should be no confusion.

Quote:
Nothing is or should be EXACTLY what your practicing on.

Yeah the TWA SHOULD be exactly the same, except for the seed, as agreed beforehand. Any settings that aren't possible to specify in the TWA (e.g. extern time) should be agreed as well, and set manually by the SysOp.

What is so difficult about this? TBH just takes the latest TWA posted to this forum, changes the seed, and bangs it. What could be easier than that?

Consider me out of the tournament until both teams agree to the TWA. If it's not the one Star Killer posted last, make your changes, and upload a new one. What's the problem? I'm tired of wasting practice time.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:09 am
Profile ICQ
Ensign

Astrochimp wrote:
zipp wrote:
Astrochimp wrote:

Quote:

Yeah it SHOULD be exactly the same, except for the seed, as agreed beforehand.

What is so difficult about this? TBH just takes the latest TWA posted to this forum, changes the seed, and bangs it. What could be easier than that?

Consider me out of the tournament until both teams agree to the TWA. If it's not the one Star Killer posted last, make your changes, and upload a new one. What's the problem? I'm tired of wasting practice time.

We have agreed on a twa. about a week ago. We agreed on the settings. Now your quitting? I don't understand. BH can either make those settings or use the twa. It's the same game man!

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:37 am
Ensign

zipp wrote:
Astrochimp wrote:
zipp wrote:
Astrochimp wrote:

zipp wrote:

Yeah it SHOULD be exactly the same, except for the seed, as agreed beforehand.

We have agreed on a twa. about a week ago. We agreed on the settings. Now your quitting? I don't understand. BH can either make those settings or use the twa. It's the same game man!

Our corp did not agree to the TWA posted a week ago. When we downloaded it and tried it, we found that some of the settings were incorrect (e.g number of sectors, port density, etc). That's why Star Killer posted another TWA to this thread on January 22nd, 2014 (about 4 days ago). That's the one we thought was finally agreed on. Now you want to go back to the previous TWA, which our corp has not agreed upon. What's wrong with the one posted four days ago?

(Edit: Star Killer just told me you might not know this: When you change the seed, it changes the warps and other things like the location of stardock without changing any other settings in the TWA.)

zipp wrote:
BH can either make those settings or use the twa. It's the same game man!

Look, that's fine as long as it's guaranteed to be the same as the TWA Star Killer posted (except for the seed, which decides the layout of the universe and warps). The easiest way to do that is to actually use the exact same TWA, and just change the seed so the warps are different. If TBH wants to start with Vic's edit and make those changes manually instead, you're right that's up to him, as long as the result is the same. I just think the easiest way to agree on the settings and make sure there is no confusion is to give the SysOp the exact TWA as close as possible, so he doesn't have to make many manual changes.

I guess I was just misunderstanding you. I didn't understand why you wouldn't use the TWA as posted. But if you're saying it will be the same except for the seed, that's fine with me.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:50 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

Holey cow!

Just put the settings in a blender and mix well, open the game and everyone has exactly the same opportunity to play a game from day one without knowing any of the settings.

:P

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:26 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador

Cruncher wrote:
Holey cow!

Just put the settings in a blender and mix well, open the game and everyone has exactly the same opportunity to play a game from day one without knowing any of the settings.

:P

I agree :)

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:17 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

I would like to ask people who are not actively playing this trouney to keep their comments to themselves. thank you

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Gameop

So what I am going to do is pull the TWA from here, change the sector seed, bang and post. I will not alter any other settings in the TWA itself.

As for the issue of Extern. I will move extern time to match server time for this tournament. I am in Seattle so Pacific Time. So Extern will be 12 am PST or 3 am Eastern.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:20 pm
Profile ICQ
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next