View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 am

Forum rules

1. Each thread must begin with the Tournament Name, date expected to open, host server information, and rules if this information is available.
2. After the tournament officially opens, we will then open the thread to general discussion of the tournament.
3. There will be one thread here per tournament.
4. Members not in the game are allowed to comment on the game, however if this results in arguments that get personal the member NOT playing will be banned from the thread. This can be a temporary or permanent ban.
5. Posts viewed by the admin/moderators of this site as being out of line with the intent of this thread, can be moved or deleted at the moderators discretion.
6. Continued violations of the rules of this thread can result in the temporary or in extreme cases a permanent ban from this thread.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Big Game 2016 
Commander

Unread post Re: Big Game 2016
Micro runs a clean fair server, and just because he doesn't want the crap on his server that other gameops put up with doesn't it make it unfair. every tounry/game i have played there has been well run and fair. Good job Micro looking forward to HHT

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Declasse.

Well, at least you finally manned up and publicly acknowledged that you are in-fact the infamous “General Lee.”

Now, let’s get one thing straight, you did not resign you were ejected—even after your very own teammate REPEATEDLY warned you to respect Micro’s server policies. While at it, let’s also make it clear that refraining from posting graphics of middle fingers, male genitalia, foul names for ships and the like is not to play “kiddy tradewars,” but to do so is to be a childish “kiddy.”

Do you honestly (seriously now), believe it to be permissible to inject your own low moral values throughout a public tournament, meanwhile for the SysOp to keep out of it, and for all the players to just have to put up with it? If yes, why so, was that some desperate tactic on your part? What was your end game, to offend us all into pods or to ourselves resign? Because your big talking corp such in the heck was not doing much else. Maybe the South should have tried that--cursing themselves into victory over the Union? Ah well, might the EMC rest in peace as does the “South?”

...Oh, and a fresh shipment of apples just arrived at StarDock for y'all:

Code:
The Bounty Hunter took radiation damage attacking General Lee
The Bounty Hunter DESTROYED General Lee's Interdictor Cruiser!
[Pause]
"I now know why your wife likes me better, The Bounty Hunter", General Lee chuck
les.
-- 06/11/44 -- 01:07:28 PM --
The Bounty Hunter DESTROYED General Lee's *** Escape Pod ***!
-- 06/11/44 -- 01:07:54 PM --
The Bounty Hunter captured Pitbull's Imperial StarShip!
-- 06/11/44 -- 01:08:35 PM --
The Bounty Hunter DESTROYED Pitbull's *** Escape Pod ***!
-- 06/11/44 -- 02:22:13 PM --
mad DESTROYED Corp #1's Interdictor Cruiser!
-- 06/11/44 -- 04:54:50 PM --
Farley self-destructed!
-- 06/11/44 -- 05:15:04 PM --
Timmay's Scout Marauder was destroyed by deployed fighters!

Trade Wars 2002 Trader Rankings : 06/11/44 05:22:51 PM

#       Rank  Alignment Corp        Trader Name                Ship Type
--- --------------------- -- ------------------------------ ------------------
  1    31,569  4,500,000   2 The Bounty Hunter              Imperial StarShip
  2    11,952   -147,426   1 Willow                         Interdictor Cruiser
  3     5,473   -173,773   1 Sandoval                       Colonial Transport
  4     4,384    -74,550   1 General Lee                    # Ship Destroyed #
  5     1,710 -2,250,000   1 Pitbull                        # Ship Destroyed #
  6       447  4,500,000   2 Star Killer                    Imperial StarShip
  7       392  4,500,000   2 Adept                          Imperial StarShip
  8       369  4,500,000   2 robot4                         Interdictor Cruiser
  9       306 -4,500,000   2 Cruncher                       BattleShip
10       303     99,696   2 Hammer                         Imperial StarShip
11        17     -1,643   1 Frenzy                         # Ship Destroyed #
12         0   -333,324   2 mad                            BattleShip
13         0      1,021   2 Tapeworms                      Imperial StarShip
14         0     -2,786   1 Timmay                         # Ship Destroyed #
15         0    -75,197   1 Farley                         # Ship Destroyed #
16         0      4,842   1 Merlin                         # Ship Destroyed #

TWX Proxy Reference Online

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:36 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant

Go take a long walk off a short pier, Adept. No one cares what you think.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:49 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant

Star Killer wrote:
Micro runs a clean fair server, and just because he doesn't want the crap on his server that other gameops put up with doesn't it make it unfair. every tounry/game i have played there has been well run and fair. Good job Micro looking forward to HHT

sk

That's fine. You can add me (and at least two other layers) to the growing list of serious players who won't play on his server. I know of at least half a dozen now.

Pretty soon your corp will be in those tournaments by yourself.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:50 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Shadow wrote:
Go take a long walk off a short pier, Adept. No one cares what you think.

Eh, I prefer to take short walks on long piers, but thank you for caring.

TWX Proxy Reference Online

Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:16 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant J.G.

Good game all

I don't think Banning Shadow would have changed the result. Fairly sure you guys had one tactic and that was to cash+grid and try and take one of our planets. Once we hit megarob stage I think we'd get far to big a advantage.

We had tactics/plans that I think would have stopped that.
Mathematics were on our side at this stage.

Anyway, it was a different edit with nerfed photons and slow planets compared to what I've been playing lately. I enjoyed different edits particularly as it meant we had different strategies to try.

Till the next one!

Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:43 am
Commander

Good game cow effers :lol: :lol: !!!! Edit was very different that's for sure. Thank you for hosting Micro. I'm thrilled that I wasn't the one being banned this time around. Thanks Shadow :)

Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:47 am
Commander

GG All,

Well this game was a blast to play with an interesting ending.

To the other corp: Willow and Merlin, You are a glass act. Farley, your always fun to corp with/against. you guys put up with a lot of crap in short time. Frenzy did very well for a noob. Keep playing! Comet you behaved yourself so good job! Pitbull/rider. good job subbing at the last min.

To My Corp:

Hammer you are our MVP! you won this game for us enough Said!

BH, Prob Co-MVP. When hammer didn't do it you did!

Cashing Team: Cruncher, MS, Adept, Robot, You made the cash let us win! Reds had really crap duty in this edit. nothing esle for them to do.

Tapeworms: Our Noob! learned a lot really fast and kept out planets going. keep practicing and would love to corp with you again anyday!

Huge thanks to Micro for hosting, I hope this becomes a reg, tourney ill be here. Hope to see you all in HHT!

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Yeah, Good Game everyone!

I must say, Micro made this edit even more script unfriendly than I do on my server. It was a good challenge in strategy. Thank-you for hosting!

I beg to differ with SK's evaluation of our team.

Star Killer = MVP
Without his dedication to red support the blues never would of had the cash they needed to work their magic.

Hammer & Bounty Hunter = Awesome killers! After seeing the other team's grid last night (reds finally let out), it's amazing they were able to find the other team as easily as they did. Truly awesome hunters!

Red Team = Adept, MadSkillz, Robot & myself, dedicated to running their turns as efficiently as possible. Put up with long nights of sitting and watching the screen scroll. Had fun in TS betting on how much we'd cash that night.

Tapeworms = our noob who last played in the early '90's when he was just a teenager, picked it up very well. It's fun watching someone rediscover TW and begin to learn Swath/TWX/Mombot. I'm glad we were able to help make his first Big Game a win. He'll be back.

To our opponents - Good Game! You had the grid, and in most cases you were only 2-3 hops from each of our bases. We were expecting you to take one of them. Next year perhaps.

Good Game All

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:45 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant

Hammer_2 wrote:
Good game all

I don't think Banning Shadow would have changed the result. Fairly sure you guys had one tactic and that was to cash+grid and try and take one of our planets. Once we hit megarob stage I think we'd get far to big a advantage.

We had tactics/plans that I think would have stopped that.
Mathematics were on our side at this stage.

Anyway, it was a different edit with nerfed photons and slow planets compared to what I've been playing lately. I enjoyed different edits particularly as it meant we had different strategies to try.

Till the next one!

You probably would have hit megarob stage before us, after you found the base 2 or 3 days in, and that would have given you an advantage. But we were only a few days behind us. And that was our strategy, as well.

The game likely would have gone on for quite a while. We had a lot of cash, and were doing just fine. Very easy to have blues sit on dock with cash and hide from you, and we had plenty of grid. But Micro decided it was over, and that's fine. You guys had nothing to do with that, so I can't blame you for it.

Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:48 am
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant

Comet wrote:
Good game cow effers :lol: :lol: !!!! Edit was very different that's for sure. Thank you for hosting Micro. I'm thrilled that I wasn't the one being banned this time around. Thanks Shadow :)

Any time Comet :)

I will say, our team did a great job, despite some of the drama.

Farley ran all of our cashing, even when most of us were asleep, and we were ahead of the other team in cash for the first several days, until they found our base. We had a great strategy for getting our reds going and got going much faster on day zero. End of day zero, we were ahead on cash and had planets started. That was a tremendous job getting it started.

Comet was responsible for most of our gridding, and did a great job.

Willow and Merlin were great. Willow and Farley were responsible for most of the strategy during the game and spent more time than any of us online.

And Frenzy, very nice playing with you. He didn't even have twx or mombot running at the start of the game; we walked him through it and got him going and he was a big help to have on the team.

I'd certainly not hesitate to play with any of you again.

Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:53 am
Profile ICQ
Civilian

All,

Incoming wall-o-text, its just how I roll :)

What a blast from the past. Thank you mostly all for making me feel very welcome and giving me hope that people still do play this game! I started playing when I was still single digits (easily) in age. Will be 35 in August. TW is one of those games like the old Sierra On-line games that defined my childhood. I feel sorry for 'gamers' now-a-days who play games not built by nerds for nerds, but my businessmen for the masses, they don't know what they missed out on.

As for my Corpies I couldn't be more grateful that I was on your team, not because we won. I really don't care about W/Ls so much as I do a good game. Your attitudes and demeanor is what impressed me. There was no gloating, no bragging, hardly even any bravado. We played and won with honor, respect and maturity. I know had we gotten our butts handed to us we all would have taken the loss with class and respect for the other team.

I hate to go here but I have to... Immaturity leaves its mark. (positivity to follow!)

It's sad and takes away from the game that there were some sore losers, one in particular. Some people just can't grow up. I refrained from even mentioning or posting some of the horribly childish things you said to me Shadow in fedchat. Sorry to stir the pot, but I hope to never corp with you if that is how you always act when you lose - I'd hate to see how much gloating you'd do if you were to win. I hope you're able to realize before it's too late that life is uncertain, none of us are getting out of this alive and the best thing we can do to each other is at least be decent. Remember where we all started - crying, helpless in a blanket somewhere. Rage quitting is one of my biggest pet peeves and you will NEVER see me do it (quote me on that).

Moving on to the good stuff,

You guys had us beat slightly on the first night in the attrition war, however at 11:53pm server time we popped our first of 12 planets. Myself coloing and Hammer running auto-UG we were able to colonize and begin all 12 citadels in 7 minutes. SK, adept, mad, Crunch and I think BH certainly helped but through all the chaos I wasn't sure who did what and how much tbh haha. I know I've never flew through prompts I hadn't seen much in 25 years so fast and with such accuracy, it all came back VERY quickly :)

WHAT A RUSH! By far some of the best 7 minutes of gaming I've ever had. (insert sex joke here ;))

Once I knew we had cits and you guys did not, I was pretty certain of our lead. When Hammer and BH SD'd two of you on the next day right after extern I knew we had a massive lead and our team built upon that, the game was over well before you got ejected Shadow and you know it. Like Hammer said, math was on our side, attrition was in our favor. I was just shocked at how many Zyrain kills were had. If there's one thing I learned quickly it was to not afk bot grid while personal figs were up. Fool me once...fool me twice. That's really what decided this game imo, that and you guys coming so close but somehow not finding any of our bases.

SK - Dude. You're a freakin' stud. Both online and offline. You were there every night running the reds, putting up with my babble in TS, and balancing it all. Good show. I'm happy we got to chat about all the stuff we did. Thank you for everything, past and present. I'd corp with you any day.

Crunch - Hahaha you crack me up :) Showed up, some people talked some trash but by the numbers, cashing, you proved them wrong (hence your name probably ha, number cruncher?) And you're right, I'll be back :)

Hammer/BH - Sorry to lump you guys together but I'm sure I'm running out of characters in this novel. You guys were the flash that get the credit ;) The rest of us just did our best to make what you two did possible. But you guys made it happen with precision.

Adept - Wish you had a mic! You and Mad! Killer cashing, never messed up, fused or screwed up in anyway that I know of. Well played, and thanks for being patient when I was MIA for the week or two right before the game started.

Mad - Same as Adept, good show cashing, holding the fort down, and not sticking a toe out to get your head lopped off. Oh, and your mother is a very nice lady. I know this because Adept told me she was when they would take short walks on long piers, haha ;)

Robit - You know what you did. Golf clap Good Sir ;)

Thanks to Micro for letting me join last minute and for hosting this game. I'll be back for sure, and I'm hoping to drag my bot writing RL best buddy in from UO to play this game, I know he'll love it :) He loves games that are programmer's duels.

Again, sorry for the novel, if you made it this far I really appreciate your time and eye-strain :)

Cheers! Until next time.
-Tapeworms

Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:26 am
Civilian

Shadow -

Man! I can't get a read on you! An apology to my last post...you seem both childish and grown-up at the same time! like a bi-polar picture of life. :)

I take back what I said about not corping with you. We chatted a bit after the tiff and in hindsight you're not a bad dude, we just all have our moments of frustration. Mine just a few minutes ago in this forum. Yours in game.

Call it even I say :) Good game, and don't worry, I won't be sitting at Stardock forever, I'll be back and get bolder and bolder, you'll SD me plenty of times if we play against each other again. Then I'll SD you a few, don't you worry ;)

Cheers mate, at least I can rest easy knowing we played against a Darn skilled opposition, you certainly have an impressive skill set when it comes to the 1s and 0s. :)

-Tapeworms

Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:33 am
Lieutenant J.G.

Hey Micro,

Are you going to reveal the "scoring" system from one of the first posts?

Curious...

thanks for hosting!

Hammer

Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:20 am
Ambassador

Hammer_2 wrote:
Hey Micro,

Are you going to reveal the "scoring" system from one of the first posts?

Curious...

thanks for hosting!

Hammer

The point system can be decoded at http://www.bagill.com/text-encrypt.php with the key:
S"S&NG3'pz9~Z5t[

10 points for every sector with at least 1 corporate fig.
500 points for every pod/kill minus 100 points for every pod/death.
100 points for each shielded planet owned by your corporation at the end of the game.
200 additional points for each shielded planet that was created by another corporation, and owned by your corporation at the end of the game.
In the event of a tie, the corporation with the most cash wins.

I'm glad I don't have to count all those pods in the logs... lol

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:38 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next