View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

Forum rules

1. Each thread must begin with the Tournament Name, date expected to open, host server information, and rules if this information is available.
2. After the tournament officially opens, we will then open the thread to general discussion of the tournament.
3. There will be one thread here per tournament.
4. Members not in the game are allowed to comment on the game, however if this results in arguments that get personal the member NOT playing will be banned from the thread. This can be a temporary or permanent ban.
5. Posts viewed by the admin/moderators of this site as being out of line with the intent of this thread, can be moved or deleted at the moderators discretion.
6. Continued violations of the rules of this thread can result in the temporary or in extreme cases a permanent ban from this thread.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 A Subzero Christmas Tournament 
Commander

Unread post Re: A Subzero Christmas Tournament
Hammer_2 wrote:
Looked a bit suspicious.. I'll change it from 'fairly sure' to 'could have been' megacorping. No rule against it, so no big deal.

If there was a rule against it I wouldn't have even mentioned it.. because everyone in that game is honorable and wouldn't cheat.

We definitely did not have a '5th'.

Our base was in a Deadend. Since the game ended, for us, within a few days... the 'griding out' the rest of the Verse Hammer seems to be referring to, obviously occurred afterwards.

Maybe it's me and the fact I've only had 1-cup of coffee so far... But it seems strange to say that: There's "no rule against Mega-Corping", and it's "no big deal" ...then immediately say it wouldn't have even been mentioned if "there was a rule against it" because everyone is "honrouable and wouldn't cheat" ...is really making my head spin.

Think I'll get another cup of coffee :wink:

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:29 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant J.G.

LoneStar wrote:
Hammer_2 wrote:
Looked a bit suspicious.. I'll change it from 'fairly sure' to 'could have been' megacorping. No rule against it, so no big deal.

If there was a rule against it I wouldn't have even mentioned it.. because everyone in that game is honorable and wouldn't cheat.

We definitely did not have a '5th'.

Our base was in a Deadend. Since the game ended, for us, within a few days... the 'griding out' the rest of the Verse Hammer seems to be referring to, obviously occurred afterwards.

Maybe it's me and the fact I've only had 1-cup of coffee so far... But it seems strange to say that: There's "no rule against Mega-Corping", and it's "no big deal" ...then immediately say it wouldn't have even been mentioned if "there was a rule against it" because everyone is "honrouable and wouldn't cheat" ...is really making my head spin.

Think I'll get another cup of coffee :wink:

I ask so I know going into the next game... I rarely proof read what I type :) but the intention was to determine whether it's allowed, so I know what I'm up against next game. There was no rule against it in the last game, so you and anyone was ok to do it :) Please don't take offense.

this thread would not even exist any more if there was not another game coming... only reason I mentioned it.

And as stated it occurred after we took your first lot of planets. And I still can't even remember if you or the other corp who had their last planet behind the solo corps fighters.. in a big bubble.. That's how much it meant to me, I commented to the others it looked like someone had a 5th. Which is fine as it's not against the rules and I've had MANY Corps ask me to mega corp in tournies in the past when there was NO RULES.

Seriously, I'm not accusing anyone of cheating as you can't cheat when there is no rules against it.

:) :) have some smiley faces to ensure you I'm not put out, offended or angry with anyone's actions in the last game.

Anyway, I apologise for accidentally accusing a bunch of stand up people of cheating. I've already apologised via ICQ and gone out of my way to make it right.

And yes, you'll need coffee to read my posts or messages at best of times, I don't proof read and working on a keyboard my 3 year old has half murdered... unless I'm at work, then I rush even more.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:39 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Personally, I thought it went without saying that megacorping is not allowed. However, just so everything is clear. There is no megacorping allowed. Megabits, megaphones, Megaman, and even Megatron, but definitely no megacorping. Many thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Telnet: games.tradewars-League.com
Port: 2002
Email: sultanbeytw2002@gmail.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/B3KRuDc
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sultanbeytw2002/

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:23 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Personally, I thought it went without saying that megacorping is not allowed. However, just so everything is clear. There is no megacorping allowed. Megabits, megaphones, Megaman, and even Megatron, but definitely no megacorping. Many thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:23 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant

It doesn't ever go without saying. It's nearly impossible to prove, and the truth is, teams have been mega corping and winning tradewars tourneys that way since the 1980s. It's rarely been officially called out as "not allowed" in a tourney.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:20 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

Sultan Bey wrote:

You going to try and enforce that?

For the record... we were not mega-Corping... I was online at extern and saw the collision in the logs, so I moved our only mobile planet to a temporary location. It was not a secure location and everyone was busy, so you found it before we had a chance to move it again...

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:43 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

What about mixed corps? Are these also considered unethical? I think they're a lot of fun! Lol!

BTW: "accidental" mixed corps are entirely possible. I speak from experience!? Hyuck! After I noticed (whoops! why am I in an escape pod!? whoah! look at my alignment!?) we decided to make the most of it. It turned out to be quite profitable. Although probably not as profitable as it could have been since it was also my first time playing red.

So even though mixed corps are immediately visible, it can still be difficult proving intent.

66.26.112.116:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:18 pm
Commander

Lionmane wrote:
What about mixed corps? Are these also considered unethical? I think they're a lot of fun! Lol!

BTW: "accidental" mixed corps are entirely possible. I speak from experience!? Hyuck! After I noticed (whoops! why am I in an escape pod!? whoah! look at my alignment!?) we decided to make the most of it. It turned out to be quite profitable. Although probably not as profitable as it could have been since it was also my first time playing red.

So even though mixed corps are immediately visible, it can still be difficult proving intent.

Ummm mixed corps are how everyone plays now....

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Any tournament with 3 or more Corps, is going to create the illusion of Mega Corping.

There's only one sure-fire way to 'enforce' any rule against mega-corping: Closed Game; 2 team max ...that's it. Simple.

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:05 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant J.G.

So.. back onto safer topics... for me at least :)

I know Shadow's corp has a 5th.

We don't but I may be able to find one.

Which other corps are playing and need/want a 5th.

I don't care either way...

Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:36 pm
Commander

Unfortunately I have to back out of this game. I apologize to my team mates, as they’re very-good and very-dedicated players. If anyone would like to take my place, you’d either learn a lot or have a great time from this experience.

I would humbly suggest keeping the Corp size at 4.

Happy Holidays Everyone.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:39 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant

LoneStar wrote:
Any tournament with 3 or more Corps, is going to create the illusion of Mega Corping.

There's only one sure-fire way to 'enforce' any rule against mega-corping: Closed Game; 2 team max ...that's it. Simple.

Agree with this 100%. Saying "mega corping is banned" is almost daring people to do it. It is completely impossible to detect or enforce if the people doing it are even remotely smart about it.

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:21 am
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant

Star Killer wrote:
Lionmane wrote:

Ummm mixed corps are how everyone plays now....

sk

He doesn't understand that - I've seen a handful of other new players have the same misunderstanding.

Lionmane: "mixed corps" are a standard feature of the game, just like having a ship or fighters is a standard feature of the game. It's not something to be banned.

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:26 am
Profile ICQ
Gameop

So is this starting for sure tomorrow the 28th? Time?

HHT 2020

Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:44 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

After careful consideration, and input from all players, I found it most prudent to keep the corp size at 4. Sorry to anybody who wanted the corp size increased.

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:11 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next