View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:22 am

Forum rules


In game or game related smack only. Any foul language or topics that are non-game related will be dealt with by the forum moderator. If at any point this forum gets out of hand or in someway effects the games community this forum will be closed.



Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Worst player in TW currently? 
Author Message
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1122
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Cruncher wrote:
Shadow wrote:

What you meant to say was "bring them in to game P so they can see a sysop violate the most fundamental ethical rule of tradewars by playing on their own server!"


If you can't trust your corp mates why bother? It's only unethical if I get into tedit.

I'm sure some sysops might, but I'm not one of them.



This is something that she does not do I guarantee you that.


Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 pm
Profile
Ambassador

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 1388
Location: Boo! inc. Ireland
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Shadow wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
Then, there are some who want to learn, and I bring them into my game P and teach them a few things before they venture out into the wild wild world of bot wars!


What you meant to say was "bring them in to game P so they can see a sysop violate the most fundamental ethical rule of tradewars by playing on their own server!"


I started playing TW in 1988, diallup. The sysop played, and stated that he did. On and off early 90's; sometimes the sysops played, and said that they were playing. Restarted late 90's, telnet. Often, the sysops played openly.

I have known Cruncher for >20 years. She would not cheat, it would be beneath her (not to mention no fun - shoot fish in a barrel?)

Kavanagh


Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:08 pm
Profile
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:09 pm
Posts: 11
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
There has been several times we asked Cruncher questions about her Game P edit and when she couldn't remember the answer she said should could not go into T-Edit and look it up. She also stated that if she did, she would have to make that answer available to everyone.


Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:25 pm
Profile
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1122
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Briana wrote:
There has been several times we asked Cruncher questions about her Game P edit and when she couldn't remember the answer she said should could not go into T-Edit and look it up. She also stated that if she did, she would have to make that answer available to everyone.



^^^ This.... Girl go back to your sandbox and let the adults talk :roll:


Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:48 pm
Profile
Lieutenant Commander
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Cruncher wrote:
Shadow wrote:

What you meant to say was "bring them in to game P so they can see a sysop violate the most fundamental ethical rule of tradewars by playing on their own server!"


If you can't trust your corp mates why bother? It's only unethical if I get into tedit.

I'm sure some sysops might, but I'm not one of them.


Why I never play on my own server in a game that is open to the public. To avoid even the appearance of impropriety. I also will never play on server where I know the sysop plays on their own server. I have a list of those server where the sysop's have either been caught playing or have either admitted to me personally that they play.

sk

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
Retired From Active Play 2017
Returned To Active Play 2018

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
The Sprawl V1 TWGS
Website: http://sk-twgs.com
TeamSpeak 3 Server: ts3server://sk-twgs.com
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
ICQ: 693542389
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
The Sprawl V1 TWGS: THESPRAWL.CA PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com


Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:33 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3791
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Star Killer wrote:
Cruncher wrote:

If you can't trust your corp mates why bother? It's only unethical if I get into tedit.

I'm sure some sysops might, but I'm not one of them.


Why I never play on my own server in a game that is open to the public. To avoid even the appearance of impropriety. I also will never play on server where I know the sysop plays on their own server. I have a list of those server where the sysop's have either been caught playing or have either admitted to me personally that they play.

sk


That of course is your prerogative. I do however have a theory... if you may not be able to avoid the temptation of looking into tedit in a game you are playing, that may explain your distrust. I have discipline and the trust of the players who chose to play with or against me, knowing full well that I'm the sysop.

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
2018 HHT Champs: Rock Stars


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155 ... adewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:57 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Cruncher wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
Cruncher wrote:

If you can't trust your corp mates why bother? It's only unethical if I get into tedit.

I'm sure some sysops might, but I'm not one of them.


Why I never play on my own server in a game that is open to the public. To avoid even the appearance of impropriety. I also will never play on server where I know the sysop plays on their own server. I have a list of those server where the sysop's have either been caught playing or have either admitted to me personally that they play.

sk


That of course is your prerogative. I do however have a theory... if you may not be able to avoid the temptation of looking into tedit in a game you are playing, that may explain your distrust. I have discipline and the trust of the players who chose to play with or against me, knowing full well that I'm the sysop.


Okay say A user forgets thier PW. or has a script put a pw on a ship. Something that happens all the time. What do you do then? Its not a matter of "temptation" or "distrust" its a matter being totally above board. so no one can say a word. look how many people went complained to me over this Years HHT edit because Micro and Xanos had a small part in writing. I wrote 90% of it there for I did not play. Perhaps thats why more of the hardcore players play on my server and not yours. As the very old saying goes: "Caesar's wife must be above suspicion."

sk

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
Retired From Active Play 2017
Returned To Active Play 2018

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
The Sprawl V1 TWGS
Website: http://sk-twgs.com
TeamSpeak 3 Server: ts3server://sk-twgs.com
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
ICQ: 693542389
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
The Sprawl V1 TWGS: THESPRAWL.CA PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com


Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:33 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3791
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Star Killer wrote:

Okay say A user forgets thier PW. or has a script put a pw on a ship. Something that happens all the time. What do you do then? Its not a matter of "temptation" or "distrust" its a matter being totally above board. so no one can say a word. look how many people went complained to me over this Years HHT edit because Micro and Xanos had a small part in writing. I wrote 90% of it there for I did not play. Perhaps thats why more of the hardcore players play on my server and not yours. As the very old saying goes: "Caesar's wife must be above suspicion."

sk


You can have your "hardcore" players, they are not who I'm targeting with my server edits. Remember, I'm all about the new and returning players.

I can honestly say, I've never had to do a pw reset in game P, ever! PW resets are usually caused by a script misfiring etc., my players mostly play with Swath, some manually. Some come to game P to get a taste of TWX Proxy and Mombot, but they are far from "hardcore" players.

As for HHT, yeah if Shadow or anyone on the opposition were to write the edit AND play in it, I would have been having an issue with that as well. BUT.. we practiced, they did not. If they had practiced the game may have been more exciting.

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
2018 HHT Champs: Rock Stars


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155 ... adewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:00 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Cruncher wrote:
Star Killer wrote:

Okay say A user forgets thier PW. or has a script put a pw on a ship. Something that happens all the time. What do you do then? Its not a matter of "temptation" or "distrust" its a matter being totally above board. so no one can say a word. look how many people went complained to me over this Years HHT edit because Micro and Xanos had a small part in writing. I wrote 90% of it there for I did not play. Perhaps thats why more of the hardcore players play on my server and not yours. As the very old saying goes: "Caesar's wife must be above suspicion."

sk


You can have your "hardcore" players, they are not who I'm targeting with my server edits. Remember, I'm all about the new and returning players.

I can honestly say, I've never had to do a pw reset in game P, ever! PW resets are usually caused by a script misfiring etc., my players mostly play with Swath, some manually. Some come to game P to get a taste of TWX Proxy and Mombot, but they are far from "hardcore" players.

As for HHT, yeah if Shadow or anyone on the opposition were to write the edit AND play in it, I would have been having an issue with that as well. BUT.. we practiced, they did not. If they had practiced the game may have been more exciting.


My server Targets all players. I have games for noobs, builders games(Two one which your playing in right now). and games for the hardcore players. and in between so b4 you start trashing it. you might want to quit playing there LOL.

sk

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
Retired From Active Play 2017
Returned To Active Play 2018

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
The Sprawl V1 TWGS
Website: http://sk-twgs.com
TeamSpeak 3 Server: ts3server://sk-twgs.com
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
ICQ: 693542389
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
The Sprawl V1 TWGS: THESPRAWL.CA PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com


Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:57 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3791
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Star Killer wrote:
Cruncher wrote:

You can have your "hardcore" players, they are not who I'm targeting with my server edits. Remember, I'm all about the new and returning players.

I can honestly say, I've never had to do a pw reset in game P, ever! PW resets are usually caused by a script misfiring etc., my players mostly play with Swath, some manually. Some come to game P to get a taste of TWX Proxy and Mombot, but they are far from "hardcore" players.

As for HHT, yeah if Shadow or anyone on the opposition were to write the edit AND play in it, I would have been having an issue with that as well. BUT.. we practiced, they did not. If they had practiced the game may have been more exciting.


My server Targets all players. I have games for noobs, builders games(Two one which your playing in right now). and games for the hardcore players. and in between so b4 you start trashing it. you might want to quit playing there LOL.

sk


I never said you weren't, I said "I" wasn't making games for "hardcore" player.

BTW game U - I'm the only one there if anyone is interested.

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
2018 HHT Champs: Rock Stars


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155 ... adewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:47 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:00 am
Posts: 1339
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Lets bring this back to smack talk.

For instance, isn't playing in a game with comet just like shooting fish in a barrel?

_________________
Kane
Banned from smack talk since 2010! Allowed back in to smack 5/2010!


Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:10 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1122
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Kane wrote:
Lets bring this back to smack talk.

For instance, isn't playing in a game with comet just like shooting fish in a barrel?



It reminds me of you mom when she backed talked me.

1 800 Choke that Ho


Last edited by Comet on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:17 am
Profile
Boo! inc.

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:00 am
Posts: 626
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Your face is stupid.

_________________
I thought I was her daddy, but she had 5 more.


Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:29 am
Profile ICQ
Gameop
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:00 am
Posts: 1339
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Comet wrote:
Kane wrote:
Lets bring this back to smack talk.

For instance, isn't playing in a game with comet just like shooting fish in a barrel?



It reminds me of you mom when she backed talked me.

1 800 Choke that Ho


Geez that was a 8th grade comeback.

_________________
Kane
Banned from smack talk since 2010! Allowed back in to smack 5/2010!


Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:34 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1122
Unread post Re: Worst player in TW currently?
Kane wrote:
Comet wrote:
Kane wrote:
Lets bring this back to smack talk.

For instance, isn't playing in a game with comet just like shooting fish in a barrel?



It reminds me of you mom when she backed talked me.

1 800 Choke that Ho


Geez that was a 8th grade comeback.



It was early. Man this smack talk is weak. Kind of like Shadow's game play.


Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:31 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.