View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:00 pm

Forum rules

In game or game related smack only. Any foul language or topics that are non-game related will be dealt with by the forum moderator. If at any point this forum gets out of hand or in someway effects the games community this forum will be closed.

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Friday Night Battles 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Friday Night Battles
Back in the day we used to have some battles on Friday night.

You were given a planet and resources.

Would anyone be interested in playing this?

It was a lot of fun.

In that format I would easily crush the players such as Kenny, Bugboy, Cowen, Beggar, and Story Teller. If any of them even have the cajones to show up.

I know Kenny will be too busy working 2 jobs, Beggar will be too busy still looking for a job, and Story Teller will be worn out from working just 40 hours of doing nothing all week but that still leaves dumb and dumber.

Maybe when the "official tourney" is over someone can host and I will whip Cowen and Bugboy into shape on the reg. You know their fat asses need it.

Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:35 pm
Commander

Unread post Re: Friday Night Battles
prestone2 wrote:

It was a lot of fun.

In that format I would easily crush the players such as Kenny, Bugboy, Cowen, Beggar, and Story Teller. If any of them even have the cajones to show up.

I know Kenny will be too busy working 2 jobs, Beggar will be too busy still looking for a job, and Story Teller will be worn out from working just 40 hours of doing nothing all week but that still leaves dumb and dumber.

Maybe when the "official tourney" is over someone can host and I will whip Cowen and Bugboy into shape on the reg. You know their fat asses need it.

This would have been fun... too bad your banned on just about everyone's server's

-sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Star Killer wrote:
This would have been fun... too bad your banned on just about everyone's server's
-sk

Cool story bro.

That is pretty petty but I'm sure if there is enough interest we can find a place to play. It never was going to be held at your server anyway.

You can still try and play though if you want to but you won't be able to actually do anything. You won't have a clue where to start or what to do.

I know you are retired from playing so I won't give you too much of a hard time here.

Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:28 am
Ambassador

Star Killer wrote:

-sk

Maybe save the smack for the correct forum.

H

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:17 am
Profile WWW
Commander

prestone2 wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
-sk

Cool story bro.

That is pretty petty but I'm sure if there is enough interest we can find a place to play. It never was going to be held at your server anyway.

You can still try and play though if you want to but you won't be able to actually do anything. You won't have a clue where to start or what to do.

I know you are retired from playing so I won't give you too much of a hard time here.

Ohh im sure people would show up just to kill you.....and I would be happy to host such a game. I would even unban you so you could play. as far as playing I still keep my hand in but i suck at the game.... always have and have never claimed otherwise.....

-sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Last edited by Star Killer on Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Helix wrote:
Star Killer wrote:

-sk

Maybe save the smack for the correct forum.

H

Ummm we are in smack talk on this forum.....

-sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Star Killer wrote:
prestone2 wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
-sk

Cool story bro.

Ohh im sure people would show up just to kill you.....and I would be happy to host such a game. I would even unban you so you could play. as far as playing I still keep my hand in but i suck at the game.... always have and have never claimed otherwise.....

-sk

Who do you think you are dealing with?

In a solo format like this they can show up all they want. They could all line up and I would take every single one of them down in a row. Easily. Multiple times.

As for you. You are right. You couldn't even bunt to first base in a game like this.

Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:46 pm
Gameop

So basically a death match but where you eliminate the cashing to buy stuff part of it. Yeah you would get stomped. You couldn't hold a candle to most people let alone the ones you called out.

HHT 2020

Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:52 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Kane wrote:
So basically a death match but where you eliminate the cashing to buy stuff part of it. Yeah you would get stomped. You couldn't hold a candle to most people let alone the ones you called out.

Will you try to play? Not that you will be able to do much of anything but it will be fun to smack you around.

Maybe ask and get permission first so you don't get in any trouble with the boss. You won't be alive that long so you won't need much time.

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:06 pm
Lieutenant

prestone2 wrote:

It was a lot of fun.

Okay, I think I understand now.

You want a game where you get a planet and resources, because you don't know how to cash or build.

And you want a solo format, because nobody else will play with you.

Got it. I assume you also want to be the only one with a planet and resources, in a game where nobody else can build a planet and there are no ports and no way to cash?

I mean, I would still kick your Butt in 5 minutes even then, but you sure are funny.

I would play your game, if only for my own amusement, but it would have to be on a night when some other games open, say 30 minutes beforehand, so I have something else to do after I waste you.

Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:57 am
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Shadow wrote:
Okay, I think I understand now.

You want a game where you get a planet and resources, because you don't know how to cash or build.

And you want a solo format, because nobody else will play with you.

Got it. I assume you also want to be the only one with a planet and resources, in a game where nobody else can build a planet and there are no ports and no way to cash?

I mean, I would still kick your Butt in 5 minutes even then, but you sure are funny.

I would play your game, if only for my own amusement, but it would have to be on a night when some other games open, say 30 minutes beforehand, so I have something else to do after I waste you.

The way the format used to run and I didn't invent any of the settings but I did participate a lot the weeks. Everyone would get the exact same: full starter ship, full planet, and like 1b resources. Something like that.

Then we meet at dock and after everything was set, the sysop would say ready set go. The sysop tedit the player setup on the fly it didn't take long.

The object was not really to win, no one cashed any, we just fought and it was pretty fun. I remember Alexio, Kemper3, and SupG played a lot in them.

Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:53 am
Warrant Officer

prestone2 wrote:
Everyone would get the exact same: full starter ship, full planet, and like 1b resources.

They were called "Death Matches". We still do this(without all the free resources) though only normally 1v1 in brackets.

I'm afraid you will run into the same stumbling blocks you always do. Someone would have to invite you to the event, and it requires more skill than you possess.

Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:32 am
Warrant Officer

Star Killer wrote:
Ohh im sure people would show up just to kill you.....and I would be happy to host such a game. I would even unban you so you could play.

I'll play. I know several others would too. We just let winner keep playing and threw people at them until they lost in solo games. Only things I think he changed was high startup cash and low number of sectors(1000? Shadow will have the edit we used...I forget.)

Maybe a night once a month? 'First Friday Fight Night!" All but one leave bloody, everyone has fun, and it doesn't take all month. I'm not sure how to enforce the no hiding no being a wimp rules we played by but I think a time limit would be enough. Penalty for being a puss would be your call.

Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:26 pm
Warrant Officer

Dibs on first game with the nickname gimp.

Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:35 pm
Commander

rider2 wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
Ohh im sure people would show up just to kill you.....and I would be happy to host such a game. I would even unban you so you could play.

I'll play. I know several others would too. We just let winner keep playing and threw people at them until they lost in solo games. Only things I think he changed was high startup cash and low number of sectors(1000? Shadow will have the edit we used...I forget.)

Maybe a night once a month? 'First Friday Fight Night!" All but one leave bloody, everyone has fun, and it doesn't take all month. I'm not sure how to enforce the no hiding no being a wimp rules we played by but I think a time limit would be enough. Penalty for being a puss would be your call.

sounds like a plan... I can use the V1 for this once the tourney is over...

to prevent hiding we make it a low sector game....

-sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next