View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Taken -- Planet Types 
1st Sergeant

Unread post 
I am currently working on the Planet Types section. I should have this submitted to Rave before the end of October for review, editing, etc. I am using the old standard of a 70-column text file (Notepad) that can be edited easily into .TXT, .DOC, or .HTML file types.

Rave, correct me if I'm wrong on these, but my testing shows that Qcannons are the same for Sector fire under MBBS and TWGS, but different only under Atmospheric settings, and neither can be edited when the Gold extensions are turned ON. Also, the fighter Production value under the heading of "2 Produce 1" is more of an efficiency value, useful only for reference and tweaking fighter production.

If I am wrong (or if I'm correct), email me at paladyn@optonline.net and let me know...

Paladyne

Sat Oct 19, 2002 6:06 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by Paladyne

I am currently working on the Planet Types section. I should have this submitted to Rave before the end of October for review, editing, etc. I am using the old standard of a 70-column text file (Notepad) that can be edited easily into .TXT, .DOC, or .HTML file types.

Rave, correct me if I'm wrong on these, but my testing shows that Qcannons are the same for Sector fire under MBBS and TWGS, but different only under Atmospheric settings, and neither can be edited when the Gold extensions are turned ON. Also, the fighter Production value under the heading of "2 Produce 1" is more of an efficiency value, useful only for reference and tweaking fighter production.

If I am wrong (or if I'm correct), email me at paladyn@optonline.net and let me know...

Paladyne

You are correct on the cannon behavior and also that you cannot manually edit how they behave. It is either mbbs mode or not. FOr the fig production value, I assume you are talking about the gold planet setting in tedit. That being the case, that value could be more acurately labeled as "production to produce one." If you have a setting of 5, that means for every 5 product produced, you get 1 fig. So say you have colos producing organics at 2 colos for every 1 organic, it would work out to 10 colos for every fig. I hope this has helped.

BTW, rave recently said that she was pretty much done with all things tradewars, so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get an answer from her.

Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:37 am
1st Sergeant

Unread post 
quote:
You are correct on the cannon behavior and also that you cannot manually edit how they behave. It is either mbbs mode or not. FOr the fig production value, I assume you are talking about the gold planet setting in tedit. That being the case, that value could be more acurately labeled as "production to produce one." If you have a setting of 5, that means for every 5 product produced, you get 1 fig. So say you have colos producing organics at 2 colos for every 1 organic, it would work out to 10 colos for every fig. I hope this has helped.

BTW, rave recently said that she was pretty much done with all things tradewars, so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get an answer from her.

Kemper, I was referring to the column heading "2 Produce 1" that appears on the Planet Menu when you land on a planet. The value given for fighters is the number of colonists necessary to produce a single fighter, and this changes drastically when placing colonists in an ideal product or not.

If I place 1,200 colonists on a class M planet (3/7/13,10%) under Fuel Ore production, they make 400 fuel and 40 fighters per day. The value for fighters under "2 Produce 1" shows a value of 30.

If I move these 1,200 colonists to produce Equipment, they produce 92 units of Equipment per day and 9 fighters. The value for fighters under "2 Produce 1" shows a value of 133.

My opinion of this number is that it is an efficiency value of the colonists in making fighters. If the planet owner wants to maximize fighter production, this value should be as low as possible, and colonists should be placed in the best product production catagory.
Spreading colonists out among the different products decreases the efficiency and thus raises this number.

Sun Oct 20, 2002 10:30 am
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by Paladyne
Kemper, I was referring to the column heading "2 Produce 1" that appears on the Planet Menu when you land on a planet. The value given for fighters is the number of colonists necessary to produce a single fighter, and this changes drastically when placing colonists in an ideal product or not.

If I place 1,200 colonists on a class M planet (3/7/13,10%) under Fuel Ore production, they make 400 fuel and 40 fighters per day. The value for fighters under "2 Produce 1" shows a value of 30.

If I move these 1,200 colonists to produce Equipment, they produce 92 units of Equipment per day and 9 fighters. The value for fighters under "2 Produce 1" shows a value of 133.

My opinion of this number is that it is an efficiency value of the colonists in making fighters. If the planet owner wants to maximize fighter production, this value should be as low as possible, and colonists should be placed in the best product production catagory.
Spreading colonists out among the different products decreases the efficiency and thus raises this number.

Ah, ok. It shows an average of the number of colos required to produce one fighter. As you say, this is dependent on what they are in. Fighter production is based more exactly on the amount of product being produced, which is why you get more figs/colo the better the production category the colos are in. Also, you may have noticed that sometimes the "2 produce 1" value doesn't always equal out with what the poduction says it is. This is because it is a rounded average of all the production and not an exact number.

Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:58 pm
Sergeant Major

Unread post 
If you're the sysop or have TEDIT access, you can look at TEDIT and see what the production level is for fighters. It's in the planet menu, submenu 1, option F. As Kemper said, this is the number of colonist-products needed to produce 1 fighter unit. In other words, if the fighter production is set to 2, and organics is set to 2, then 4 colonists (2 x 2) working in organics will be required to produce 1 fighter. If fighter production is set to 5 and ore is set to 10, it will take 50 colonists (5 x 10) working in ore to produce 1 fighter.

If you're a player, put all your colonists into one product, see how many of that product per day the colonists will produce, then divide it by the number of fighters produced daily. That will be your raw "2 produce 1" fighter ratio. Or, with all your colonists producing the same thing, you can look at the "2 produce 1" ratio for fighters and divide it by the "2 produce 1" ratio of the product and come up with the raw fighter production ratio.

The reason the fighter "2 produce 1" ratio changes is because it's actually a weighted average which the game computes based on the actual number of fighters produced compared to the actual total product produced. All that number is telling you is how efficiently your colonists are producing fighters per production of product. It changes as you move your colonists around to other product production (assuming that it takes different amounts of colonists to produce 1 of a given product compared to another product) In other words, if your planet produced ore=10, organics=2, equipment=20, and the fighter production ratio in TEDIT was 4, the lowest the "2 produce 1" ratio would ever be is 8, and that would occur only if all the colonists were producing organics. The highest the ratio would be is 40, if all your colonists were in equipment. With any other mix, it's going to fall somewhere in between those two extremes.

Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]