View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Glossary of Terminologies 
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post 
Maybe just something like 'In Memorium to Rave...continuing the project she set in motion' as an intro to the Manual

Fri May 12, 2006 6:46 am
Profile ICQ
Captain

Unread post 
I was thinking for her signature in the Forums, but that is a good idea as well to include in the manual. I never heard of "in memory of" as "in memoriam to" before, that does sound more respectful though.

Fri May 12, 2006 9:06 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
This is what I came up with to place at the start of the manual in a dark shaded gray, if any suggestions, please?

In Memoriam to Lisa M. Cutler
AKA: Rave, Product Support (teamEIS)
Whom, tragically suffered as a fatality during a traffic related collision
DOB – DOD

Fri May 12, 2006 12:59 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Ok, this is the final call for any more suggestions to include in the glossary portion, I am going to spend this week formatting the actual document. Please, let me know if you got anything thank you all!

Also, I have finally completed the TWX Proxy manual portion this weekend and EP has agreed to correct my mistakes for TWX Proxy, it came out to about 42-pages and includes several additional references that are related to scripting. I also sent another version to Wabbit for TWX Proxy Pro users. Does anybody know if he is even working on Pro anymore? I don't recall hearing anything about future updates since that discussion awhile back. Just asking as Wabbit has yet to get back to me, so I a wondering if he is even interested or whatever.

Sun May 14, 2006 10:40 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Well my email to Wabbit on sourceforge has given up trying make a link, so that is not a good sign. Unless anybody has a good email for Wabbit?

Mon May 15, 2006 5:03 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Okay, I got a little feedback on this and was advised it would be better to just include basic info for this portion so if their are any discrepancies please let me know, here is the new version:

In Memoriam to Lisa M. Cutler
AKA: Rave, Product Support (teamEIS)

Tue May 16, 2006 11:50 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
I was also thinking if she had a little quote or something to include centered underneath in italics or something like that maybe? I think that would be kinda cool.

Tue May 16, 2006 11:52 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
It just hit me what about all the various job positions involved in playing, especially within a Corp. Gridder, Killer, Colonizer, Utilizer, Pulverizer, Breathalyzer, and Scrutinizer... ok some maybe I made some of those up [:I] ...Ok so I am not familiar w/ all the aspects, so help would be appreciated on this as well! Thanks again.

Wed May 17, 2006 2:05 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran Op

Unread post 
You need to play more. A lot more. Then all will become clear.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Wed May 17, 2006 3:55 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
I agree with Sing. Some things must be experienced first hand to fully understand them.

Man, I gotta quit showing up here...next thing you know i'll get dragged back in.

Wed May 17, 2006 4:50 am
Profile WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Oh, I plan on playing, although I don't have the available time to work on all my projects along with work and my own personal things. This project is eating up most of my free time. I feel like a slave to the man! ...Darn the man! [^]

Wed May 17, 2006 5:03 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
I was thinking also that a player that is in the process of learning corporate play needs to have a basic understanding of the elements, tasks, and functions involved to get an adequate grasp on team-play, sportsmanship, and why they are or are not being told to do something. That is why I think it is important to also include these things.

Wed May 17, 2006 6:30 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
I found some info I from Robert's Corporation Strategy listed on The Cabal’s. I don’t know if I listed it everything correctly, so please let me know how accurate or inaccurate this is, regarding corporate positions and duties:

Combat Support - Defensive layering and prepping (mines, fighter clouds, and QCannon configuration); Gridding, and (player, alien, and planet) Capping, Invading, and SDing
Support - Mapping, Port Loss Tracking, enemy development, enemy resource monitoring, and PC Hunting.
Resource Acquisition - Colonizing, Furbing, and Cashing.
Sector Development - Port upgrading/creating, planet placement and maintenance.

Wed May 17, 2006 8:50 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Just a forewarning, I working on the final editing with the addition of 2 more pages of words now included, so ever the next week I will be posting the final corrections as I finish, that way if anybody spots any things wrong or has additional ideas they can post on it and I can make the changes before placing them into the Compendiums themed boxes. Here is the stats from it I thought it was sort of interesting:

Pages: 24
Paragraphs: 432
Lines: 1,368
Words: 14,410
Characters w/ Spaces: 85,709

Also, I included a few new words I had to make up to work out some issues I was having with writing out some of the definitions. I'll keep em’ a secret for now, see if anybody even notices, mmmuahahahaa, mmmuahahahaaa. [}:)]

Tue May 23, 2006 3:22 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Being Busted and Fake Busted is basically the same thing right?

Tue May 23, 2006 11:37 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next