View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 A Few Good Terms! 
Captain

Unread post 
I found a few terms Roberts used that I was needing some clarification on:

What do the terms: PC Hunter, Planet Ping-pong, Seed Sector, and Planet Mixes consist of?

What is the difference between Fighter Clouds and Gridding?

Does Fig Killer and Q-Cannon suppression refer to the actions taken during an invasion, similar to mothing; for the purpose of draining the sector of its defenses, correct?

Is Guerrilla an actual corporate position or just something a corporation that is loosing might choose to resort to?

Is Mapper just another word for Support, only referring to when the player is actually performing the task of Mapping. Also does Mapping also refers to actually traveling or Eprobing rather then ZTMing; being somewhat similar to Gridding, although for the purpose of gaining knowledge on surrounding sectors.

What is Mini-MR? a half attempt at a MR?

Wed May 17, 2006 9:10 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
Planet ping pong refers to sector overload
Fig clouds were what we called grids before we all decided that grid sounded better. I personally prefer clouds because it reminds me of the obscuring effects of 'fog of war' in many other games, while grid reminds me of a screen door. Just my .02.
and...
er...
Rexx, you really should play more. Most of these terms are self evident to the average player. As a moderator, I feel like I should answer any legitamate question. OTOH, dude, you should play more.

Man, I gotta quit showing up here...next thing you know i'll get dragged back in.

Wed May 17, 2006 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Hehe, now I gotta struggle to get that out of my heaad, screen doors floating in space! Traitor you are dementing my feeble mind! haha j/k

Yea know, I shall play again once I finish all my projects, I can’t do both though, as I already tried that months ago and it did not work very good.

Wed May 17, 2006 8:10 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Ok, I think I got them figured out now, just need: PC Hunter. I think the glossary project is just about all wrapped up, I have the template ready, so just have to do some final editing and textural transferring, Yaaa, just try messin' with me you honky mo' fo! [:P]

Does PC Hunter by chance stand for: Player/Corporation Hunter? As in meaning to find the Bases of all opponents?

Also, I forget I still needed what Mini-MR entails.

Thu May 18, 2006 5:41 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
Close enough on the hunter. Much of what Roberts said isn't too relevant now days. What still applies is the teamwork aspect. I'm always laugh to myself when I run run into 'good' players who still have the solo mentality.

Mini-MR is the same as D/RTR. Kind of a pain, but more money than SDT. Used in non-MBBS games where there is no MR.

Man, I gotta quit showing up here...next thing you know i'll get dragged back in.

Thu May 18, 2006 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Alright, thank ya! So Mini-MR is another word for D/RTR and they are used in non-MBBS Mode, gotcha.

Thu May 18, 2006 8:13 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post 
well, I also used it in MBBS games to jumpstart the cash flow needed to get MR's going. I usually had the cash laying around to get some ports upped the day before, but in tight games, sometimes you gotta have figs, and the ports gotta wait.

Thu May 18, 2006 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Captain

Unread post 
One last deff I still have blank is: Planet Land. Let me guess it just means to land on a planet or something simple right? heh!

Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:36 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by RexxCrow

One last deff I still have blank is: Planet Land. Let me guess it just means to land on a planet or something simple right? heh!

Means nothing Rexx. Possibly an "In" phrase to some group of players. God only knows what it means to them.

Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:42 pm
Captain

Unread post 
Darn it I’ve been duped by a textbook necessitous, a brilliant sociopath… Rexx perhaps you should take a vacation… I’m on VACATION!! …Maybe you should check in here for a few days, get a handle on things, AGGGGHHHH!! [:P]

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:58 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant

Unread post 
rofl has anyon[;)]e ever actually seen Rexx in a game?

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:59 am
Captain

Unread post 
Hehe hee, those that have... unfortunately have not lived to tell about it, perhaps it was the proudest last moments in their pitiful lives! When I think about it I say to myself, I says to myself what a shame this truley is, but these things must work this way; these things they are tragic but must be done that way. So that I can go on about my way, giving others a few last moments, a chance, and a reason to be proud.... and if I may choose to continue my cause, I know that I will do so because I am great! [^]

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:35 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran Op

Unread post 
Laff, playing your grandmother doesn't count, rexx. ;)

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:11 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
Oh sure Sign ya’ just had to go and mess with my Mojo didn’t’cha! [:I]

Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:50 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Captain

Unread post 
I was thinking about that Planet Land definition and came up with another idea impart to the tactic of using a planet to hide oneself from other players and came up with a compromise, please let me know if there are any objections, suggestions, or what not, thanks:

Planet Cover
Refers to the tactic of using a Planet for cover during a confrontation involving another player or Corporation, referring to either an offensive or defensive Invasion. This method works by using the atmosphere of the Planet as a cover, thus concealing that player from the view of all other players. This should not be attempted on Planets that the opposing player or Corporation is willing or likely to Detonate. The Corporation of the player performing a Planet Cover will be able to confirm the location of that player by checking their TA. Also referred to as: PC, Planet Land.

Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:29 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next