View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 how do i get commission - upgrading ports 
Commander

Unread post 
See folks, that is why Traits site is the ****. It only took slim 8 mins to go there, and find that tid bit of info.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:19 am
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Unread post 
not sure if it's on the cabal actually

--==[The Outfit]==--

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:45 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Unread post 
Well, it should be! Sing, get on it!

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:17 am
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

Unread post 
LOL. I think it's there under glossary actually. But I'll check.

Anyway yea, 200. But you can self-pod on corbo if you want. There are ways to get ur exp down if it's a big worry.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:36 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop

Unread post 
just remember to offload your cash before you do the underground method

--==[The Outfit]==--

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:37 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop

Unread post 
7k turns ?!?!?! dude, upgrade ports. here is the math:

every 5,000 creds you spend upping ports = 1 aln (way cheaper than getting taxed)
you need to get to 500 alignment (you can apply for a fed commission at 500)
so you need to spend 2.5 mil upgrading a port.
ptrading by hand you should be able to make 2.5 mil in <3000 turns. thats not even 1 full day. git-er-dun!

helper : http://svn.thereverend.org:8080/revhelper/

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:41 pm
Veteran Op

Unread post 
LOL yea, but making ports is cheaper... see my post .

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:29 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ensign

Unread post 
I am trying to help him out. Like he said I introduced him to the game. Unfortunately I don't get to sit with him while he is online and seldom get online at the same time myself. I have turned him onto tw-cabal and all that. And sadly where he is currently playing at the only helper he can use is ZOC, I have to get him started on that one.

Dan

"The greastest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes" Winston Churchill
"A person who never makes mistakes seldom makes anything else." Christine Friberg
"Above all, remember that you are the master architect. If a chart gives you a result that you don't like, throw the book out the window and make your own choices!"World Builders Guidebook, 1996, TSR Inc., Page 3

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:40 pm
Sergeant

Unread post 
Seems evil is my logical altern. Although I've got the max cred's of 500k to deposit at a Fed Stargate Gal Bank plus a extra 400k +/- what is the best ship for me to buy. Graylensman told me yesterday about Cabal's site and I've save nearly his entire website on my computer and I'm still going through it. I currently have a Cargotran. If I go evil which ship is the best ship to buy. How should I outfit it. Are there fed-laws about these outfits. Any loopholes. Strategies, tactics, theory - anyone.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:16 pm
Gameop

Unread post 
You'll want multiple ships

--==[The Outfit]==--

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:41 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Sergeant

Unread post 
A bit more specific please as to what ships and their outfitting. Also, I thought you could only use one ship per long-on. If I can use multiple ship how would I or can I create a "wolf pack convoy"? However, if I can use only one ship, how do I transfer from the usage of one ship to the next during play. I'm using the oupost-4 academy svr as my current use of play. I know that it's a dying svr but, I also know I'm not ready for the major leagues. But some people still use it as I notice. I also see many people who have one ship, usual a Colonial Tansport or an Imperial Starship and 1,000 and even 10,000 of freighters accomponying them. How do I do that. I have a hunch that it's because they have huge alginment, but there Fed-safe!!! How??!!! There is absolutely no one to place bounties on. And not to mention the server recycled and all my previous data became erased. But, I was playing the Tradewars 2002(A), not the Tradwars Academy -OCS- 2002(B)

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:33 pm
Commander

Unread post 
Quote:
Also, I thought you could only use one ship per

you can have as many ships as you can afford up to the server limit(several thousands usually).Hit "X" at the command prompt to transfer between them.Some ship have lockouts i.e. Starships in a stock game require a commision.You will pick this up as you go.Look for more info on the subject on Thrawns web pages.
Certain ships are better than others for certain tasks.A Merc Freighter is lower turns per warp so is better for passive gridding ,Missile Frigate has photons but no holo scanner.Battleship has best attack odds.Colt has more holds for moving product(in sector) or stealing.Each ship has good points and bad point for certain tasks.In a stock edit thier is no one best ship except ISS for commissioned Blues...best for defense and coloing.But if you attack another Blue in it and lose your commision Zyrain might come and pod you.If you can be more specific as to the task you need to do Right Now we can better answer the question.
Hope this was of some help.

Coconut Telegraph (ICQ)#586137616
Team Speak3@ 220.244.125.70:9987
Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Winner of Gridwars 2010 - Ka Pla
Jesus wounldn't Subspace Crawl

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:54 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Sergeant

Unread post 
Thanks for the info, it quite helpful. To be more specific as you asked, what ship should I start out with if I go evil, and then what should I outfit it with. What are the best targets or target of opportunity for me to exploit as a newbie. I believe that this thread has answered the question of possibly upgrading ports and that this thread has also eliminated the aspect of safely gaining a commission doing so. If this is the case I think I should start a new thread on newbies beginning or changing a good to evil afflitation should a situation should arise that there is no way to safely gain a fed-comm by bounty or uprading ports and how to survive in the game by committing to piracy.
Anyone with comments   

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:18 pm
Veteran Op

Unread post 
If you plan to go evil you'll need to learn to SST. You need quite a bit of money to get your experience up and go evil, more money than you'd need to go blue, infact. What you need to learn to do is get better at cashing, that's how you'll get to your goal.

Going red is easy. Jet as many cols as you can, it'll drop your align by 1 per if you're atleast +1 align.

Survival = fighters.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:40 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop

Unread post 
Just to clarify some of the lingo for you...

by "Jet as many as you can", Sing means "Jettison". You pick up colonists from Terra and then Jettison them into space (outside fed territory is a requirement I think). Use the 'J' key at command prompt for this.

Another note on transporting between ships, you can move between them using the 'X' key at the command prompt as mentioned above, but you need to be within range (a certain number of sectors or within the same sector). When you hit 'X' you will see the range that your current ship has.

Also, when Slim mentioned losing half of your XP at stardock, he didn't tell you how... Goto the stardock prompt, then just type random keys that are not on the available commands for the stardock prompt. This causes you to "wander" around and eventually you get mugged losing half of your experience points. This is only needed if while working to get your commission you go too high on experience. Again, put your cash in your bank account or in a citadel first.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next