View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Fed space protections 
Warrant Officer

Unread post Fed space protections
This is total n00bish, I know, but for the life of me, I cant remember the answers to these questions:

Up to how much exp can a player have, to be protected while in FedSpace? Of course, I realize evil players are never protected.
Up to how many figs can a player have, to not get towed out of fedspace during extern?

Other than too many figs on you, or too many people in the sector, any other reason why a player might be towed out, or are those the only 2 causes?

Thanks

Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:49 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post Re: Fed space protections
you're not fedsafe if your rank/exp is 1000 or above, or your align is negative.

you get towed if you have more than 99 figs and are offline in Fed, if there are more people in a fed sector than allowed, a random players will be towed to adjust to the limit. Your ships get repossessed if you leave 'em in Fed during extern.

Hope this answers your questions.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:03 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant J.G.

Actually you can have 100 figs but most people keep 99 for some reason. Just to be sure i guess.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:42 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Desert Fox wrote:
Actually you can have 100 figs but most people keep 99 for some reason. Just to be sure i guess.

true. i also have a theory that when it comes time to get towed due to exceeding the number of fedspace parkers, the guys with the most figs get towed first. personally, i've never been towed when i cloak in fedspace with 0 figs. it's just a theory though.

helper : http://svn.thereverend.org:8080/revhelper/

Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:47 pm
Commander

That is true Rev , the guy with the most gets towed first , so 0 means you probly would never get towed , just be sure you have max sheilds incase some jerk nav haz's :)

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Vid Kid wrote:
That is true Rev , the guy with the most gets towed first , so 0 means you probly would never get towed , just be sure you have max sheilds incase some jerk nav haz's :)

Now no one would ever set a navhaz trap would they?

"A man who has no skills can be taught, a man who has no honor has nothing."

Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:32 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

That's why you sleep w/ max shields.

But I've never seen the fig bias before, and I have seen ppl w/ 0 figs getting towed. I have noticed tho that if ppl just disconnect (w/o actually quitting) they tend to not get towed, and if they haven't moved (still sitting at terra) they also tend to not get towed.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:32 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran Op

If you have 101 fighters or more, you will get towed at extern. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter how many fighters you have as long as you have 100 or less. The one that gets towed is random, but the one that logged out last has a greater percentage of being towed if that particular sector is over the allowable max traders in fed space limit.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:43 am
Ensign

I've tried to get traders kicked out of fed space at extern, a few times, by getting the entire corp to overload the sector. But never had great results. Anyone have better luck?

I'm a TW and #SD# ing you was my idea!

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.~ J.T.Kirk

Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:01 am
Profile ICQ
1st Sergeant

AFAIK, Fed tow ALWAYS works if the sector is overloaded. Check the "V" screen, it will tell you how many squatters are allowed. It is a gameop selectable setting and varies game to game.

Kav

Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:56 am
Sergeant

Dog piling somebody in my experience does not seem to work as well as the odds would suggest. However the odds are definetly cumlative for example if there is a 1 ship limit and you dog pile with 5 corpies against 1 enemy ship, chances are good that you can get them towed.

The Brain

ps. who let kav post on these fourms? i pretty sure he has been banned from posting for at least 15 more years.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:15 pm
Staff Sergeant

Wondering if everyone had the same # of figs on them and the sector is over loaded, who gets towed first? Does it go in game order or the last one to squat? Does TWGS rank squatters (ie 1st person in sector)

"Losers whine about their best, winners go home and F*$# the prom queen" - Sean Connery (THE ROCK)

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:02 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Veteran Op

Magnum wrote:
Wondering if everyone had the same # of figs on them and the sector is over loaded, who gets towed first? Does it go in game order or the last one to squat? Does TWGS rank squatters (ie 1st person in sector)

Yes, but it isn't positively so. Lets say that the max traders per sector is 3. Let's say there are 6 traders in that sector. If any are over the fighter limit (100), they will get towed. So if 3 are over, the other 3 will NOT get towed.
For sake of arguement, lets say that none of them are overloaded, that means 3 of them are going to get towed and 3 are not. Of the 6, the ones that logged out in that sector 1st have the less chance of being towed, but won't necessarily not get towed. I'm not sure exactly what the percentages are, but I'd guess it would be something on this line 1st trader 25% - 2nd trader 35% - 3rd trader 45% - 4th trader 55% - 5th trader 65% - 6th trader 75%

Any one of the 6 traders has a chance of getting towed, and the ones exceeding federal regulations will get towed.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]