View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Planet Overload 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Planet Overload
I'm recently found an edit (Monopoly3) where there are 100 planets in some of the alien sectors. If you check the "V" screen is says the the max planets per sector is 5. Yet there are no overload messages or collisions in the daily logs. How is this possible?

Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:14 pm
Commander

Unread post Re: Planet Overload
Scrat wrote:
I'm recently found an edit (Monopoly3) where there are 100 planets in some of the alien sectors. If you check the "V" screen is says the the max planets per sector is 5. Yet there are no overload messages or collisions in the daily logs. How is this possible?

Not that I have tried it on our TWGS's, but I wonder if it has to do with setting the planet to Alien rather than created/owned by a player.

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:47 pm
Boo! inc.

Scrat wrote:

Did aliens make planets?

Boo! inc.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:54 pm
Lieutenant Commander

Is extern running daily? ( lookin' for the easy fix ) 8)

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:22 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Chief Warrant Officer

Extern is running daily. Port construction advances and the MSL's are cleared. The planets are alien and appear to be part of the initial game setup. For examples, in Penners Space there are 100 planets named Pennsylvania Ave. and in Walkers Space the are 100 planets named Boardwalk. Is there possibly a flag in T-Edit to exclude a planet from being counted toward the sector max? If I can make it into one of the sectors, I'll pop a few more planets in there to see if that unstablizes things. (This may take a while depending on how much fuel is on the planets.)

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:06 pm
Ensign

Scrat wrote:
Extern is running daily. Port construction advances and the MSL's are cleared. The planets are alien and appear to be part of the initial game setup. For examples, in Penners Space there are 100 planets named Pennsylvania Ave. and in Walkers Space the are 100 planets named Boardwalk. Is there possibly a flag in T-Edit to exclude a planet from being counted toward the sector max? If I can make it into one of the sectors, I'll pop a few more planets in there to see if that unstablizes things. (This may take a while depending on how much fuel is on the planets.)

I was once told that alien planets do not cause an overlaod, nor do they collide. The information, however, may be flawed.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:28 pm
Veteran Op

I would guess that the aliens configuration caused the problem. I'ver never actually seen aliens create that many planets in 1 sector, but I do know if the alien race is set to "invincible" that the planets they create can't be destroyed, therefor they can't be detonated, and probably won't collide. The configuration concerning alien races can cause some weird stuff to happen in a game, and very often cause data corruption. That's the main reason I'm not a big fan of having aliens in a game.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:37 pm
Commander

Regardless of invincible alien settings ...
Alien planets are not handled the same as player or system planets.
They never collide.

And as far as seen this type of effect , I did have a game that did not work right and had to keep activate/deactivate the alien server many times .. and ended up with same results.

The way to fix it , is find out what is wrong with the alien settings , delete all planets and restart server.

Most likely the aliens can not be seen if you type #
They are hosed.

hope this answers all questions.

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Vid Kid wrote:
Regardless of invincible alien settings ...
Alien planets are not handled the same as player or system planets.
They never collide.

And as far as seen this type of effect , I did have a game that did not work right and had to keep activate/deactivate the alien server many times .. and ended up with same results.

The way to fix it , is find out what is wrong with the alien settings , delete all planets and restart server.

Most likely the aliens can not be seen if you type #
They are hosed.

hope this answers all questions.

I think you hit the nail on the head. There are only 4 active alien races and they each only have one home planet. I did a little searching and found the edit listed in the TWA Database Project and there should be 28 active alien races. Each of the inactive races has multiple home worlds.

Thanks Vid!

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]