View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Edit carry-overs 
Gameop

Unread post Edit carry-overs
Does anyone have a list of edits that carry over after rebanging? For example, yes if you create some new ships they will all exist in the new bang. But obviously, if you give a player 1million credits through the editor, he will not log into a new bang with 1million credits.

I would like to find a way to carry over the following settings:

A specific planet with a specific name in a specific sector with specific citadel level and defenses.

A specific tunnel designed from specific sectors with specific warps.

A specific alien with a specific ship located in a specific citadel who does not ever move.

A specific beacon with a specific message in a specific sector.

A specific port with a specific name in a specific sector.

Can any of this be accomplished through normal means, or do I have to write a huge macro to send keystokes to the editor to do all 0f these things? Or do any macros already exist? I suppose I could just install autoIT and make the macro step by step if I had to, and something tells me that is exactly what I will have to do. I already intend to use AutoIT to do smaller customization work to various games immediately after the bang completes.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:57 am
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Edit carry-overs
Rival wrote:
Does anyone have a list of edits that carry over after rebanging? For example, yes if you create some new ships they will all exist in the new bang. But obviously, if you give a player 1million credits through the editor, he will not log into a new bang with 1million credits.

A specific planet with a specific name in a specific sector with specific citadel level and defenses.

A specific alien with a specific ship located in a specific citadel who does not ever move.

Can any of this be accomplished through normal means, or do I have to write a huge macro to send keystokes to the editor to do all 0f these things? Or do any macros already exist? I suppose I could just install autoIT and make the macro step by step if I had to, and something tells me that is exactly what I will have to do. I already intend to use AutoIT to do smaller customization work to various games immediately after the bang completes.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks!

you might want to check with Vid Kid..he has some rather impressive sysop tools.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:43 am
Gameop

A script or macro would accomplish most of it, but to the best of my knowledge, you cannot do anything to touch specific members of a gold alien race.

I have a script that I use to program in a whole universe from two smaller universes, the issue with what you are contemplating with the tunnels may be unwise, because theoretically it could make a number of sectors unreachable.

Proud Sysop of ICE9 TWGS
Home of Building and Non Regulated Games
http://www.oregonsouth.com/ice9
telnet://ice9-tw.com:2002

Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Gameop

Looking at my initial post, I think I might have been a bit unclear as to my question.

What I need to know is what will stick around in a rebang using a TWA file. Will any of that stuff I listed stick around, or will it all have to be recreated? I know the ship edits will carry over (obviously). What exactly gets exported and what gets regenerated according to settings?

Thanks in advance,

Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:11 pm
Commander

The ships will carry in the ship editor, as will the planets if you modify or add in the planet editor. If you rebang a game, you are given the option to migrate data from an existing game and it allows you to migrate Ships, Planets, Aliens, and general settings. For what you mention, you will have to manually place the specific planet in the specific sector, same with the beacon idea, etc.

I know what you are meaning, as I had an edit that required users to find and capture 10 planets. I had to write a script to go into the editor and place the planets in random sectors, giving the special name, etc. The script/macro idea is the only way to go at this time.

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:21 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Rival wrote:

You might consider adding a player to the game for your alien - you could even put them on a corp with an alien name. For example the player could be Borg Queen and the corp could be The Borg.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:34 pm
Veteran Op

Rival wrote:
Looking at my initial post, I think I might have been a bit unclear as to my question.

What I need to know is what will stick around in a rebang using a TWA file. Will any of that stuff I listed stick around, or will it all have to be recreated? I know the ship edits will carry over (obviously). What exactly gets exported and what gets regenerated according to settings?

Thanks in advance,

If you rebang, the specific specs you mentioned will be lost. Hoever you can export the game and save it in the original form and import it back each time. The only problem with that is you will have the same seed and the universe will be identical each time.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:02 pm
Gameop

Rival, as I did with my Star Wars edit, i made a huge script that it generate all the stuff that I wanted to add after the Bang. My script, with my actual old computer, run it in about 2 hours and a half... but it's huge adds as I told you. So if you want to generated a couple of planets, ports, particular ships and players, it will be not so long... and if you don't have a old computer as me, you should do it very quick.

Enjoy !

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]