View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Port Radiation Question 
Warrant Officer

Unread post Port Radiation Question
I'm trying to write an excel formula to keep track of the next date of port radiation (from destroying a port) clears.

How does the radiation cycle work exactly? In the particular game I'm playing, its set to 14 days (which I think is the default).

Questions-

1) Is it 14 days from the date of the bang of the game, or, 14 days from a specific, hard coded date (such as how fig/shield/hold prices fluctuate)

2) Does the radiation clear on the 14th EXTERN? (ie, Day 0 not counting?)

3) Any other factors I need to consider in writing my little formula?

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:57 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Port Radiation Question
1. It's not hard coded, its sysop option

2. the cycle runs from the start date, so if the radiation lifetime is 7 days, and you blow dock (any other port) on day 3, dock will be back at extern on the day 7. This is where I am hazy (I think its extern of day 8)

3. You just need to know the start date and the radiation lifetime and you are good to go.

Helix

Edit: from http://tw-cabal.navhaz.com/tips.html

* 42) Radiation Clear. The radiation clear (from destroyed ports, including stardock) works off a cycle, similar to the bust clearing cycle. By default this cycle is 14 days. What this means is that when you blow up a port, the radiation will clear on day 1of the cycle, not 14 days after you blow the port. You can check the * screen (see tip #10 above) to see how often it clears. Look for Radiation Lifetime=, and then based off that, and when the game banged, you can tell when the next radiation clear will happen.

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

Actuallly, whatever the radiation lifetime is set at, it takes that many days from the time a port is blown before a new port can be built. Also any class 0 port will take that many days for the port to re-appear. I always set that to 1 day for that reason.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:23 pm
Ambassador

Actually that is incorrect. If the cycle is 7 days, and you blow dock on day 6, it will be back on day 7, if you blow it on day 2, it will be back on day 7.

If you blow it on day 20, it will be back on day 21, not day 27

Helix

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:49 am
Profile WWW
Warrant Officer

So the number of days cycle is based on the BANG date (ie, hitting V and seeing how old the game is).

Superb. I think I can finish this formula up rather quick then.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:37 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]