View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 TWGS reading Ansi directories 
Veteran Op

Unread post TWGS reading Ansi directories
Not sure what's happening, but Vid and I ran prom's ansi program to set up ansi descriptions individual games. It created the ansi director under each game folder and created each ship and planet ansi file, but the games themselves won't read the new descriptions. Everything seems to be there and the default ansi is unchecked, but still it reads the old ansi files that are in the default "ansi" directory. Oh and I did change each game directory location to the proper location, so that was done.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:18 pm
Commander

Unread post Re: TWGS reading Ansi directories
Ouch. That's not good. Good thing you caught it and hopefully it can get fixed.

John, for your reference if you are trying to figure out where it changed. It had to change somewhere after v1.04.09. That's the version we are running here and our ship/planet ansi files work properly. We use the same script and create the same files for each game as mentioned above.

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:01 pm
Veteran Op

It looks like this should be an easy fix, I'm assuming it's just a directory path issue.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:22 pm
Veteran Op

I hate to ask, but in the game setup you have to point to the new file names. I went through this with Vid last week and it was a simple fix on my end. Same section Command Center > Game Info File.

I am sure you checked that but I didn't see it stated, hope that helps.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:29 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Veteran Op

T0yman wrote:
I hate to ask, but in the game setup you have to point to the new file names. I went through this with Vid last week and it was a simple fix on my end. Same section Command Center > Game Info File.

I am sure you checked that but I didn't see it stated, hope that helps.

There's no place for a check mark there, but the file name is correct for each game yes.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:35 pm
Site Admin

I did some work on Gold path related code so I probably broke something. Let me take a look at it and we'll sort it out.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Ok, I did a quick test on this. I created an ANSI directory off of one of the game directories, then copied SHIP1.ANS from the [TWGS]\Game\ANSI directory (the shared ANSI directory) to the game's private ANSI directory. Then I modified that ANSI file. I then fired up the game, went to Computer, Ship Catalog to view the ship and the modified version showed up. So with this simple test, it's working as intended. So there's something less obvious going on here.

It might help if I could connect to the server where you're having this problem and explore the setup myself. Any way I could do that?

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]