View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Any other alternative to dropping alignment? 
Commander

Unread post Any other alternative to dropping alignment?
Cby'ing if you are on a mixed corp and your alignment is 100k plus. Any other alternatives other than having your corpies bust more planets?

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:52 pm
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Any other alternative?
22) Need your blues to ditch alignment quick? Attacking and killing a port gives you 50 exp, and –50 alignment. Jettisoning Colonists is a quick way to loose 1 align for each collie jetted. But you can only do that once per day, and Reds get no benefit from jetting collies, only blues. If you really want to loose align quick, then attack colonists on one of your planets. It burns a lot of figs, but no turns, and if you got the collies to burn, then why not? Use a script for this, as it’s time consuming. Another quick way to loose or gain alignment is to blow up one of your corpies on a junk planet. You will gain or loose a percentage of their alignment. Of course, this may cause problems for your corpie, and may give you experience problems. Usually this is done at the Stardock, so you don't have to worry about the Hazz killing your corpies pod. Also, make sure that they are in a junk ship too, and one that carries a pod. And finally, if you are in a mixed corp, you can have one of your corpies drop some personal figs, and you can attack them. Have a blue drop figs if you need to lose alignment, or a red drop figs if you need to gain alignment. See the formulas section for more detail on alignment changes from combat.

From http://tw-cabal.navhaz.com/tips.html

H

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:00 am
Profile WWW
Gameop

To answer your question Comet no there is nothing you can do when your 100k+ align to drop your align quickly and cost effectively besides CBY.

ICQ#31380757, -=English 101 pwns me=-
"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:16 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

Or, drop corp and run a mega team.

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:22 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador

Cruncher wrote:

What is that, exactly?

H

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:43 am
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

Helix wrote:
Cruncher wrote:

What is that, exactly?

H

Two teams working together.... you know Mega Corping. The one thing that 99% of us agree is cheating :)

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:51 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ambassador

T0yman wrote:
Helix wrote:
Cruncher wrote:

What is that, exactly?

H

Two teams working together.... you know Mega Corping. The one thing that 99% of us agree is cheating :)

How helpful of cruncher to provide such an answer in the game play forum.
H

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Commander

You could get murdered at Dock... just make sure you're not carrying all of your corp's cash when you do this ;)

One other thing. I haven't done in a long, long time. You can ZDY a planet, that has a corpie on it. If you're corpie is RED, you're alignment will go up, conversely; your alignment will drop if your corpie is BLUE. You can also put some cols on the planet and lose some additional Experience by getting podded while ZDY'n the planet your Corpie is on.

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:37 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Ambassador

LoneStar wrote:
You could get murdered at Dock... just make sure you're not carrying all of your corp's cash when you do this ;)

One other thing. I haven't done in a long, long time. You can ZDY a planet, that has a corpie on it. If you're corpie is RED, you're alignment will go up, conversely; your alignment will drop if your corpie is BLUE. You can also put some cols on the planet and lose some additional Experience by getting podded while ZDY'n the planet your Corpie is on.

A blue can't have more than 100-200 (not sure) alignment to be able to try and get into the underground right?

H

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Commander

Thank you for all the feedback. All of these are great way to lose the alignment and gain experience. on the flip side though. I had 100k+ in alignment. Some of these tactics i have never heard of. however, cby i think would be the the best case scenario for what I've encountered. Thank you everyone though!

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:46 am
Commander

Comet wrote:
Thank you for all the feedback. All of these are great way to lose the alignment and gain experience. on the flip side though. I had 100k+ in alignment. Some of these tactics i have never heard of. however, cby i think would be the the best case scenario for what I've encountered. Thank you everyone though!

I really think you should get yourself murdered by trying to visit the underground. You lose all you alignment AND experience.

To enter the underground you need <=100 alignment --iirc. But anyone get get murdered trying to enter. For anyone who hasn't done this, it takes
several attempts before the Gaurd finally kills you.

[EDIT] Just realized that the underground option doesn't work if your alignment is over 100. In other words: hehe opps!

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:07 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Gameop

LoneStar wrote:
[EDIT] Just realized that the underground option doesn't work if your alignment is over 100. In other words: hehe opps!

Noob :P

///Disclaimer///
My response is a joke. I know Lonestar will take it as such which is why I'm posting it. In the event that you think me calling him a noob is Smack I apologize and unofficially withdraw the comment.

This is not a effort to derail the thread.. Please don't lock it.
///End Disclaimer///
Helix Edit: You want to poke the bear do it in OD, keep it out of here

ICQ#31380757, -=English 101 pwns me=-
"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:51 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Unread post Re: Any other alternative to dropping alignment?
Bad Kaus BAD!

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:56 pm
Ambassador

T0yman wrote:

Mega Corping or botting, which is the greater wrong? Humm... I know which one is easier. ;)

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:34 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Any other alternative to dropping alignment?
Look if you folks have a problem answering simple player questions about game play, go to OD and post them there. This is not the place for arguments, trolling or BS.

H

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 15 posts ]