View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Okay a bit lost (yes me again) 
Private

Unread post Okay a bit lost (yes me again)
I had imported the "UltimateBorg2" data and then did a BigBang using it and now when trying to navigate, I'm being required to press the enter key when before it would 'automatically' do it when the number you entered couldn't possibly accept another digit (ie, in a 5,000 sector universe, 499 could take one more digit, but 501 can't). I can see the benefits of it not doing it automatically, but I'd like to know how I can toggle it to do it or not. I've dug through the options (at least I've tried) and can't seem to find it. Any ideas?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:01 am
Commander

Unread post Re: Okay a bit lost (yes me again)
I think that behavior can be toggled in the CN menu.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

I thought that was a change in v2 to make it consistent.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:58 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Private

I have two installs of the game. One on this computer and the other on a VM (Win Server 2008, hosted by Hyper-V). The WS machine is the one I plan to use for inviting people to connect to. Anyway, on that one, it stopped 'auto executing' when the value is high enough that typing another number would be useless. On this computer, it's still doing it. So I know that I'm not just imagining it.

Something in the UltimateBorg2 file changed a setting somewhere and I'm wondering where. If it's a setting in the editor, then where do I toggle it?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:28 pm
Veteran Op

Wolfie wrote:
I have two installs of the game. One on this computer and the other on a VM (Win Server 2008, hosted by Hyper-V). The WS machine is the one I plan to use for inviting people to connect to. Anyway, on that one, it stopped 'auto executing' when the value is high enough that typing another number would be useless. On this computer, it's still doing it. So I know that I'm not just imagining it.

Something in the UltimateBorg2 file changed a setting somewhere and I'm wondering where. If it's a setting in the editor, then where do I toggle it?

Your sure both are running v2.20b ? I am on 3 servers and when I type in the largest sector in the game I have to hit enter. I thought the change was implemented in the current version.
You might want to read some of the change logs and see when it changed.
http://wiki.classictw.com/index.php?title=TWGS_v2_Revision_History

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:48 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Private

I've only download the one version. Haven't downloaded nor installed any other version of TWGS. I downloaded TWGS (just a few days ago, from this site or from the EIS site) and used that same file to do the install on both machines.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:50 pm
Commander

It's CNE.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Private

[quote="Mongoose"]It's CNE.[/quote]
Could ya dummify that just a tad for me? What is "CNE" and where/how to change it?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:45 pm
Commander

The CN menu is where a bunch of options reside. From the command prompt, press CN. Option E is sector autoreturn.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:47 am
Profile WWW
Private

[quote="Mongoose"]The CN menu is where a bunch of options reside. From the command prompt, press CN. Option E is sector autoreturn.[/quote]
Ahhh I see. Thanks but that only changes the option for the one player, not for new players.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:03 pm
Ambassador

Wolfie wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
The CN menu is where a bunch of options reside. From the command prompt, press CN. Option E is sector autoreturn.

Ahhh I see. Thanks but that only changes the option for the one player, not for new players.

Its a player based option, each player needs to do it themselves

H

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:11 am
Profile WWW
Private

Helix wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Its a player based option, each player needs to do it themselves

Yeah I see that, but the default value (fresh install of TW, no mods/etc) is for it to be on. When I used UltimateBorg2 and then did a BigBang, it's defaulting to off. So I was wondering how to toggle that for future BigBang's.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:54 am
Ambassador

Wolfie wrote:
Yeah I see that, but the default value (fresh install of TW, no mods/etc) is for it to be on. When I used UltimateBorg2 and then did a BigBang, it's defaulting to off. So I was wondering how to toggle that for future BigBang's.

OK, after big bang and you make your modifications to your liking. That's all there is to it, when you big-bang again use this game data with a new random seed.

Give it a try, deactivate, big-bang - random seed, then look to see that your modifications have been saved for this, your version of the "UltimateBorg2" TWA.

You could always export your modified TWA and rebang it in a new slot as well. To export use the command center, conf tab, game settings. export. the game must first be deactivated before you can export it.

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:26 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]