View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Yet another bug in v2 
Veteran Op

Unread post Yet another bug in v2
After a server runs for awile and enough players exit/enter, there seems to be a problem with TWGS handling the data. I'm guessing it's a memory leak and causes the players to lock up on exit. This could also be the reason Bounty Hunters server is lagging lately.

This is the last messages you will recieve at that point.

Confirmed? (Y/N)? Yes
Do you wish to engage a Cloaking Device? No

You do not return to the game menu or the server menu. The only way to disconnect then is to hard disconnect. This will also lock mombot up. This will be really interesting in games where a corp is trying to moth a planet IG.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:11 pm
Veteran Op

Unread post Re: Yet another bug in v2
An update. This only happens when you have cloaks on your ship. So I'm guessing TWGS isn't handling that message well.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:18 pm
Veteran Op

Ok another update. Me and Vid tested this and we think it's a mombot issue instead of a TWGS issue. It seems that if mombot runs for awhile it will black out the screen and not recieve the trigger of the "T" prompt.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:58 am
Ambassador

Last edited by Kavanagh on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:15 am
Boo! inc.

*** Moved topic here due to change in direction. ***

If you come up with a fix I'm sure the community would love to get that.

Boo! inc.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:58 pm
Commander

That happened to me the other day on Cruncher's server. If it was the same bug, it has nothing to do with mombot, or scripts of any kind. I was testing my own helper and playing by hand.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:18 am
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

Mongoose wrote:
That happened to me the other day on Cruncher's server. If it was the same bug, it has nothing to do with mombot, or scripts of any kind. I was testing my own helper and playing by hand.

Yes, I'm still lookin into this, so far I've had about 15 reports of this. It looks to me like a memory leak bug associated with exit/enter situations. The game locks you up at the exit prompt and you have to hard disconnect to get out. On a good note, you are actually out of the game and safe if you cloak out. The bad thing is your ping more than doubles on re-entry. laff

Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:21 am
Commander

Big D wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Yes, I'm still lookin into this, so far I've had about 15 reports of this. It looks to me like a memory leak bug associated with exit/enter situations. The game locks you up at the exit prompt and you have to hard disconnect to get out. On a good note, you are actually out of the game and safe if you cloak out. The bad thing is your ping more than doubles on re-entry. laff

I think I came up with the fix .. but it took a script that checks for such things ..

it sees that TWX setup : user data and game letter were not filled in .. therefore the data base is incomplete.

in and out without a hitch ..

try it let me know , I am not a dedicated Mom user , I just fix things .. lol

Vid

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:11 am
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

Vid Kid wrote:
Big D wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

I think I came up with the fix .. but it took a script that checks for such things ..

it sees that TWX setup : user data and game letter were not filled in .. therefore the data base is incomplete.

in and out without a hitch ..

try it let me know , I am not a dedicated Mom user , I just fix things .. lol

Vid

Actually this isn't associated directly with mombot or Bounty Hunter's server. I've had 4 other reports, 2 that weren't on TBH's server, 1 that was using just swath, and 1 that uses his own helper (Mongoose) just posted that this thing happened to him. So this is a little bit deeper than just that I think. However, I have told them all to fill in that information into TWX just to see if it helps.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]