View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mombot Corp Verification Issue 
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post Mombot Corp Verification Issue
Hi All,

One of my corp members Mombot refuses to authorize me/log me in. Meaning I send a corp memo and he ignores me.

The history:

I was on a opposing corp in a game, and we then joined up later in the game.
It would not authorize me and I just assumed it was because it had me marked in the database as a "foe"

We are now playing a different game, I have the same name and it still refuses to authorize me.

is there a "foe" list or something else that might stop it from authorizing me?

Or could it possible be because I hug'd his wife on subspace and he thinks I'm a pr!ck?

Cheers,

Hamis

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:05 am
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post Re: Mombot Corp Verification Issue
I also am using version mom_bot3_1045

The relevant piece of code looks to be as follows:

Code:
:loginmemo
   getWordPos CURRENTANSILINE $pos (#27 & "[32mYou have a corporate memo from " & #27 & "[1;36m")
   if ($pos > 0)
      getText CURRENTANSILINE $user_name (#27 & "[32mYou have a corporate memo from " & #27 & "[1;36m") (#27 & "[0;32m." & #13)
#                                                 You have a corporate memo from LS003.
      setVar $i 1
      setVar $tempUsername $user_name
      lowercase $tempUsername
      lowerCase $user_name
      while ($i <= $corpyCount)
         setVar $tempCorpy $corpy[$i]
         lowerCase $tempCorpy
         if ($tempCorpy = $tempUsername)
            goto :endloginmemo
         end
         add $i 1
      end
      add $corpyCount 1
      setVar $corpy[$corpyCount] $user_name
      cutText $user_name $cut_user_name 1 6
      stripText $cut_user_name " "
      setVar $loggedin[$cut_user_name] 1
      send "'{" $bot_name "} - User Verified - " $user_name "*"
   end
   :endloginmemo
      setTextLineTrigger      loginmemo               :loginmemo            "You have a corporate memo from "
      pause

My nick is "Hammer", so it's not like there is anything unusual about it.

Only thing is the corpie is using a different version of mombot. I'll have to wait till he's awake to ask which version that is. I just know they have commented "oh you u use that version".

Cheers,

Hammer

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:24 am
Ambassador

I would recommend trying a different bot name. Something 3 or 4 characters.

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:02 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Micro wrote:
I would recommend trying a different bot name. Something 3 or 4 characters.

My actual bot name is actually just three letters.

And it works fine for the other 2-3 corp members using the same version as the person who's bot doesn't work.

I'll just have to change my name for the upcoming tourney.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:34 pm
Gameop

Hammer_2 wrote:
H
is there a "foe" list or something else that might stop it from authorizing me?

Or could it possible be because I hug'd his wife on subspace and he thinks I'm a pr!ck?

No and possibly, if it isn't validating you and it had previously in a different game it may be something on his side. Version incompatibilities shouldn't be present unless your using a all login command with .45.

That said the way the current MoMbot does validation is outdated in comparison to some of the ways other bots validate(in that you have to login). My suggestion is if your positive it is your side, to delete the MoMbot configuration file/s and reload mombot(not the game) from scratch.

ICQ#31380757, -=English 101 pwns me=-
"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."

Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:08 pm
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

The all command was removed back in v33

H

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:38 am
Profile WWW
Gameop

Helix wrote:
The all command was removed back in v33

H

Correct, if memory serves the .33>.4x revision was recent. There are allot of versions and subversions of this bot out there. Was a thought, am curious if he ironed it out?

"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:15 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant J.G.

Had no luck, looked at the code and it seems all straight forward and reasonable on my version of the bot.

THe problem is my corp won't accept ME, so I need to look at his code. Just haven't got around to i. Have real world code to look at and get paid for without worrying about this.

As it is Hammer won't be playing as Hammer in the upcoming tournament to circumvent this problem. Hammer also will no longer refer to himself in the 3rd person.

cheers,

Hammer

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:44 pm
Ambassador

Just to clarify, it is rejecting your player name, not your bot name. correct?

@kaus, could this be something in the anti-spoofing code?

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:34 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

Same the happened to me a while back. One player on a corp couldn't would not sign on to my bot but every other corpie worked fine. we made a bot rely work around for that one game and its never come up since.

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Immortal Op

I made a workaround for this sort of thing too.... its called Z-Bot. ;-)

Teamspeak3: 60.242.57.40:9987
Z-Bot does my dirty work!

Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:29 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Hammer_2 wrote:
Had no luck, looked at the code and it seems all straight forward and reasonable on my version of the bot.

THe problem is my corp won't accept ME, so I need to look at his code. Just haven't got around to i. Have real world code to look at and get paid for without worrying about this.

Preach, I write in python for work on-top of other hats

Hammer_2 wrote:
As it is Hammer won't be playing as Hammer in the upcoming tournament to circumvent this problem. Hammer also will no longer refer to himself in the 3rd person.

cheers,

Hammer

Maybe move to k-bot in the interim if your convinced it's your bot. You shouldn't have to debug a legacy bot, I apologize if this impacts your play. The current revision .45 is supposed to be mostly stable, but it is also 10+ years of code jammed into 11k lines of code (not including the modules and daemons) and is no longer supported directly by it's authors. Archys' bot is likely way more stable and I believe (but could be wrong) it's compatible with MOM directly.

Micro wrote:
Just to clarify, it is rejecting your player name, not your bot name. correct?

@kaus, could this be something in the anti-spoofing code?

Plausible, but unlikely the corp function in MOM hasn't really been changed or updated in multiple revisions. It's pretty likely it's not the bot itself, but anything can happen.

While were on the topic, this is the kind of thing I want to eliminate in future major revisions of the bot by modularizing the majority of the code vs. having it embedded and leaving it .TS vs. CTS. Unfortunately it's a very large bot due to age and how the scripting language works, thus slowing progress immensely. If however corp login was clear-text and able to be adjusted someone like hammer who at a minimum seems to understand the code could be content knowing it's not his bot that is the issue. (Although in this case it may be)

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:18 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant J.G.

ahh, no need to apologies for impacting my game play! I certainly have nothing but respect for the bot and the people who put it together.

Just on the "may be my bot issue"

If I have no scripts running I can log into all corp members except for the one offending corp member.

As it's me logging into THEIR bot.

All I do is send a corp memo, they log me in, and I bot them. Except for the one person..

This suggests to me it has nothing to do with my bot as I don't even need it running to log in. I hope I haven't been using the wrong terminology in describing the problem.. I'm newish to bots as I've always written my own scripts.

FYI if there is some repository/master mombot code I can assist in debugging let me know. I know the version I have I've fixed a few things like the density scanning Foton wasn't working 100% due to V1 vs V2 issues. However I don't see any point advertising fixes as everyone seems to use different versions.

Cheers,

hamish

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:05 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

Archy wrote:
I made a workaround for this sort of thing too.... its called Z-Bot. ;-)

Maybe I'll check it out, your portal is down at the moment.

I might wait till after this tournament coming up.. figure not the best time to learn another bot. I barely know mombot as it is..

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:12 pm
Gameop

Hammer_2 wrote:
ahh, no need to apologies for impacting my game play! I certainly have nothing but respect for the bot and the people who put it together.

Just on the "may be my bot issue"

If I have no scripts running I can log into all corp members except for the one offending corp member.

As it's me logging into THEIR bot.

All I do is send a corp memo, they log me in, and I bot them. Except for the one person..

This suggests to me it has nothing to do with my bot as I don't even need it running to log in. I hope I haven't been using the wrong terminology in describing the problem.. I'm newish to bots as I've always written my own scripts.

FYI if there is some repository/master mombot code I can assist in debugging let me know. I know the version I have I've fixed a few things like the density scanning Foton wasn't working 100% due to V1 vs V2 issues. However I don't see any point advertising fixes as everyone seems to use different versions.

Cheers,

hamish

The diversification of the source is part of the issue. I believe I understood the issue, honestly I was trying to be open minded ;-) to potentially it being a MOM issue (it has afew for sure) and not a their bot issue. As described in your original post it has worked in the past and it's a single player. It's highly likely it's that player. Regarding the source of the code, as it's not my code I don't have the right to republish it in source as it currently stands.

That said it's out there and I'm sure some google-fu will disclose a somewhat recent copy. As to the version I'm working on V4 (unnamed) it's not remotely ready for testing, but when it is I will be looking for people to break it and contribute if they feel so obliged to the modules as it will then be in .TS.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:13 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next