View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Zed-Pack NEW RELEASE includes Z-Bot v2.12 and Z-Installer! 
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Zed-Pack NEW RELEASE includes Z-Bot v2.12 and Z-Installe
CBYNot wrote:
Anyone know if there is source (.ts) available anywhere? Don't see it on Archy's, would love to be able to poke around and make some minor tweaks for special situations.

No, Archie has not release the source...

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:42 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ambassador

BreCalmor wrote:
I was wondering how I do port pair trading (mainstay of TW). I saw a lot of fancy scripts for doing stuff I am no where near getting back into yet, but nothing about port trading. On a side note, do you have a newbie guide to using the script to do the basics?

Actually, I would say stealing is the "mainstay of TW". Trading is usually only done until you have enough money to start stealing and/or colonizing (in a blue edit) :)

Mombot doesn't do pair trading either... Maybe that's because it is part of the TWX script pack:

1_Trade.ts
2_WorldTrade.ts

I have never used the first one, but the second one works pretty good. It Isn't very efficient though, so it's not recommended for low turn games. Pack 1 and 2 scripts are not botable, but you can launch them from Z-bot double tap menu.

You can also use Swath to trade a single pair, or WorldTrade.

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:57 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Immortal Op

I use swath for port pairing.. World trade when I have the scanner.. So I haven't written anything for that..

The source still hasn't been released.. I have been thinking about that recently but haven't reached "the" decision.

There is an installation guide, a readme.. and *lots* of built in help.. but no I haven't put together a newbie guide.. I like the idea though..

Teamspeak3: 60.242.57.40:9987
Z-Bot does my dirty work!

Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:26 pm
Profile ICQ
Immortal Op

New download link.
Z-Installer
also some script updates (from early 2014. Replace the installed scripts with those contained in this zip file after installation).
Z-stuff

Also updated the link in the first post of this thread.

This is NOT an update.. just makin sure the Z-bot is available.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:27 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

Thanks Archy, can I add them to the easy starter pack?

H

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:50 am
Profile WWW
Immortal Op

Helix wrote:
Thanks Archy, can I add them to the easy starter pack?

H

sure :)

Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:58 am
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Archy, i have not used your zbot, but must thank you for your dedication to a game i love to play. I have been watching you for years. Guys like you will keep the "ball rolling".
My hat comes off for you, bro.
Any time your short a player, let me know... it would be an honour to play by your side.

cc bee... out

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:59 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

ps: your Canadian cousin

:wink:

Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:04 pm
Immortal Op

cc bee wrote:
Archy, i have not used your zbot, but must thank you for your dedication to a game i love to play. I have been watching you for years. Guys like you will keep the "ball rolling".
My hat comes off for you, bro.
Any time your short a player, let me know... it would be an honour to play by your side.

cc bee... out

Kind words cc bee.. thanks mate.. :-)

Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:34 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

I have been playing around with the Z-Bot this last week, testing it out, and just wanted to say that it is designed magnificently. I was up and running, getting acclimated within just a few minutes.

The only issues I have had thus far are having to reset it several times as it was no longer reacting when attempting to enter the scripting menu ",," and I still cannot seem to get it to use the files for gridding or anything (thus is seems to always start from scratch whenever I restart the script), it keeps asserting that the file does not exist (which seems to have something to due with necessary _ck_ txt files and which I have not myself created as I have been presuming that the Z-Bot would be doing this when activating the associated scripts).

Great work on the Z-Bot! Very well thought out.

TWX Proxy Reference Online

Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:55 am
Profile ICQ
Immortal Op

The ck files and all necessary files are included with the pack.
I would suggest that you reinstall using the z-installer.. that should put everything where it needs to be. Also make sure its the latest version. The z-stuff download has updates for some of the scripts including the bot.. just copy and replace the existing files after installation.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:31 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Hey Archy,

For umm, bias reasons, I will never completely stray away from mom_bot. I think you can understand that. I am trying to "marry" the 2 bots as best as I can. I like a lot the functionality of both bots but don't want to have to switchbots all the time. I can turn off certain areas in mom bot if I want zbot to handle that portion.

In the config menu I removed some of the key assignments because I plan on using the mom bot functions for certain areas. I noticed that even if I blank out the command, after re-loading the bot the previous command still works. For example I blanked out the TOPOFFKEY but if I use SHIFT-T it will still attempt to topoff.

Also, the topoff command needs a fed space check. lol. Found out the hard way on that one.

Mon May 16, 2016 1:25 am
Profile ICQ
Immortal Op

The Bounty Hunter wrote:
Hey Archy,

For umm, bias reasons, I will never completely stray away from mom_bot. I think you can understand that. I am trying to "marry" the 2 bots as best as I can. I like a lot the functionality of both bots but don't want to have to switchbots all the time. I can turn off certain areas in mom bot if I want zbot to handle that portion.

In the config menu I removed some of the key assignments because I plan on using the mom bot functions for certain areas. I noticed that even if I blank out the command, after re-loading the bot the previous command still works. For example I blanked out the TOPOFFKEY but if I use SHIFT-T it will still attempt to topoff.

Also, the topoff command needs a fed space check. lol. Found out the hard way on that one.

The hotkeys will default to their original settings if not included in the cfg.
I would try setting it to some key combination that you wont use. Just use the same combination for all the hotkeys that you want to cancel out.

Can you elaborate on the Top off fed space problem? I don't think I quite understand...

Also, the switchbot command should make it easier to switch between bots... there is an external command included for mombot to switch back..

Mon May 16, 2016 5:25 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

For the topoff in Fed. I was in Fed space and tested the topoff command (was thinking it would not fire off). It tried to drop a fighter in fed space and I got 10% of my figs hit by Captain Z. Normally wouldn't do that but could be an accidental trigger. Should add a if in fedspace trigger warning message.

yea, I don't want to have to switchbot though. I want to be able to use the best of both bots at the same time. Time can be precious and switchbot could take up precious seconds that could mean the difference between a captured ship for me or a SD for me.

I am going to work a command into my personal bot that will turn off the features that I want Z-bot to handle when it see's Zbot running. This will allow the overlap. Still trying to figure a way to use the same bot command. For now I just turned off Zbot but I am determined to make them co-exist.

I will try that with the hot keys. Another possible feature would to to have a way to NULL them out so if unassigned they won't fire by hot key. Just an idea.

Mon May 16, 2016 7:27 pm
Profile ICQ
Immortal Op

The Bounty Hunter wrote:
For the topoff in Fed. I was in Fed space and tested the topoff command (was thinking it would not fire off). It tried to drop a fighter in fed space and I got 10% of my figs hit by Captain Z. Normally wouldn't do that but could be an accidental trigger. Should add a if in fedspace trigger warning message.

yea, I don't want to have to switchbot though. I want to be able to use the best of both bots at the same time. Time can be precious and switchbot could take up precious seconds that could mean the difference between a captured ship for me or a SD for me.

I am going to work a command into my personal bot that will turn off the features that I want Z-bot to handle when it see's Zbot running. This will allow the overlap. Still trying to figure a way to use the same bot command. For now I just turned off Zbot but I am determined to make them co-exist.

I will try that with the hot keys. Another possible feature would to to have a way to NULL them out so if unassigned they won't fire by hot key. Just an idea.

Ahh, I see. I cant believe after all this time that a problem like that would show up.. I'd like to fix that and look at the idea to set the hotkeys to null but I haven't worked on the bot for a long while.. so the next release is not guaranteed to happen.. I suggest you leave the topoff key alone while in fedspace for now.
Thanks for the feedback bh.

Tue May 17, 2016 5:31 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next