View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 TWX Proxy Feature Request 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Re: TWX Proxy Feature Request
I am pretty certain I discovered a couple issues with getDirList:

1. The example uses asterisks though I can only get returns on wildcards using question marks (using Windows 7).

2. Wildcards do not appear to be preserved in complied scripts.

3. The format command seems to return 0 in compiled scripts--only test with NUMBERS.

ETA, separate issues:

1. There seems to be an issue when using trim in compiled script that will not compile the script--though I have not been able to track its condition down, I did several different tests and they all compiled, but in another script it would not compile until I removed that line.

2. CORRECTION DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE AN ISSUE--POSSIBLY ONLY WITH CERTAIN COMMANDS?--In Windows 10 you cannot compile scripts; it errors on something about not finding Window 0 on line 3.

TWX Proxy Reference Online

Last edited by Adept on Mon May 30, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 27, 2016 8:33 am
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Only thing I can comment on is compiling in Windows 10. I have not had any issues with it. Just compiled a script a few min ago.

Mon May 30, 2016 5:31 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

That is strange I tried to compile simple echo and it worked, then tried a large script and it worked again; although there is a very long pause, usually it just flashes the window and is done. The other day it would not compile anything, just threw errors, but the script I was trying to compile would go on my Win7 machine no problem (I had to wait until I got home to compile it, my Win10 is on my laptop).

Maybe the issue is certain commands that are newer? I have been experimenting with several of the undocumented commands.

Mon May 30, 2016 10:45 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Anybody have an luck getting even trigger for script stop to work? I tried every way I can think of and only get back too many parameters errors.

ETA:

Also I have been testing the connection lost and client disconnected event triggers and they do not seem to fire.

* Okay resolved the issue for both problems the event needs to be "quoted".

Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:23 am
Profile ICQ
Commander

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS SACRED AND TRADEWARS RELATED...

!!!ADD A COMMAND TO DUMP VARIABLES TO A FILE!!!

...if I have to sit and and wait through another screen dump of any multiple of 20k lines of array elements, I think that I shall freak out!!

This message has been brought to you by Captain Obvious & Captain Morgan 8)

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:09 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

LS, I feel your pain on the long variable dump. I added code to allow the ESC key to exit a variable dump for that very reason. So go out on a limb... make sure you're using the latest TWX, create a couple of 20K arrays, and start a variable dump. See if ESC bails you out of variable-dump hell.

Good luck,
+EP+

P.S. - Adept, what does ETA mean? I usually use it for "Estimated Time of Arrival", but I don't think that is how you are using it.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

ElderProphet wrote:
LS, I feel your pain on the long variable dump. I added code to allow the ESC key to exit a variable dump for that very reason. So go out on a limb... make sure you're using the latest TWX, create a couple of 20K arrays, and start a variable dump. See if ESC bails you out of variable-dump hell.

That's great thanks.

I don't understand the aversion to a file-dump. You have to agree that searching through a Text File is, at least, 100 times faster and more efficient?

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:20 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Chief Warrant Officer

Oh, edited to add:

BTW, are you aware some of those new commands either do not work or will not compile? Such as IIRC (just off the top of my head), truncate, format, and padLeft/padRight.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:29 am
Profile ICQ
Commander

LoneStar wrote:
That's great thanks.

I don't understand the aversion to a file-dump. You have to agree that searching through a Text File is, at least, 100 times faster and more efficient?
Yes, but the ESC key makes it bearable at least. I think Remco just made it as a quick var dump without anticipating multiple 20K array dumps.
Adept wrote:
Oh, edited to add:

BTW, are you aware some of those new commands either do not work or will not compile? Such as IIRC (just off the top of my head), truncate, format, and padLeft/padRight.
Yes, they're rather incomplete. But you didn't answer my question... What do you mean by ETA?

+EP+

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

ElderProphet wrote:
LoneStar wrote:
That's great thanks.

Yes, but the ESC key makes it bearable at least. I think Remco just made it as a quick var dump without anticipating multiple 20K array dumps.
Adept wrote:
Oh, edited to add:

Yes, they're rather incomplete. But you didn't answer my question... What do you mean by ETA?

+EP+

He did answer your question: Edited To Add.

I suppose what you're saying re file-dump, effectively is: Request denied (?)

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:30 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

LoneStar wrote:
Oh, I try to be a bit more oblique than that. For instance...

Man, file-dump would be awesome. I'll put it on my list :)

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

ElderProphet wrote:
LoneStar wrote:
Oh, I try to be a bit more oblique than that. For instance...

Man, file-dump would be awesome. I'll put it on my list :)

A simple No would have sufficed. not all of us are children.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:42 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6