View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Bad guy with nothing bad to do!? 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Bad guy with nothing bad to do!?
So I was playing this infinite-turn game and just messing around. It's my first time playing red and I wanted to experiment with (R)obbing. The net worth of the ports were about 370M (30K sectors, 11.4K ports, 1K days old, MBBS.)

Every time I would encounter a port, I would attempt to rob it. Some of these ports were part of XSB/XBS pairs, so you would expect them to have heaps of money. Nope. Most ports were <5K cr. A few ports out of maybe a dozen I would encounter had a few 100K (usually in the 100K-200K range.) Over the course of a few days (I didn't do it exclusively, just whenever I had some time to spare after completing all planned tasks) I found a couple of 500K. I robbed these down with RMR (stealing 10 cr from the other port at a time so it wouldn't run out of money while I hit the big one.) One I encountered was about 1.5M.

All of this info was derived by hand (no scripts.) As I said, I was just messing around moving (S)tep so I could test robbing.

Is there a systematic way of finding ports with cash? This seems kind of random. I've already played around with Mega-Rob and plan to hit that single port using that instead. What I was hoping to find was a random port able to Mega-Rob right away, but no luck so far.

66.26.112.116:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:05 am
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Re: Bad guy with nothing bad to do!?
Well, it seems to me that manual exploration combined with (S)tep warping allows for some pretty lucrative (R)obbing if the ports have the creds. It's not turn-efficient at all, but it's nostalgic!

66.26.112.116:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]