View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Gold Alien ships 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Gold Alien ships
Question: How does a SysOp spawn a particular type of Gold Alien in a particular ship or group of ships?

Lol! You've come to the right place!

Example 1
SysOp: I like Classic Ferrengi! I don't like Gold Ferrengi! But I like Scorpions? How do I deploy a single, respawning Ferrengi in a Scorpion just like my Classic Ferrengi spawn in the Classic Ferrengi stock ships?

1) Hit "1" in tedit to access the "Ship Editor"
2) Use the "," and "." to scroll through each ship until you find the Ferrengi ships.
3) Select the "<5> Miscellaneous" tab and change option "<C> Deployment Method" to "Manual" on each of the Ferrengi stock ships.
4) On the Scorpion, make sure the "<C> Deployment method" is "Alien." Make sure the "<E> Functional" setting is "Yes." Change the "<F> Unique" setting to "No" and change the "<K> Ship is active" setting to "Yes."

Now create your single, Gold Ferrengi!

1) Hit "3" from the main menu in tedit and scroll over to the Ferrengi.
2) Select the "<4> Resources" tab and make sure the "<C> Ships" is set to "Alien."

Conclusion:
In this game it was not necessary to use the Gold versions of the Ferrengi Classic ships since Classic Ferrengi was turned on. You can also change these ships to "General" and make them available at the Stardock, but I personally don't like that because it "clutters" the Shipyard. All that was necessary was ensuring the Scorpion was active and available for the Gold Ferrengi.

66.26.112.116:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Last edited by Lionmane on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:21 am
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Re: Gold Alien ships
Example
SysOp: Oops! I changed the "Scorpion" deployment to "General" so that players can buy them at the Stardock!? And now my Ferrengi are deploying in MERCHANT CRUISERS!?!?!?! What do I do?!?!?!?

Well, you're going to have to edit your aliens and alien settings. First, open your "<4> - Active Alien Editor" in tedit and change the type of ships to Scorpions BEFORE you forget to do it! Lol!

Anyway, this isn't too hard to fix except that you have to stop the game to do it. After you've corrected the ships, deactivate the game and open your "<3> - Alien Race Editor" in tedit and select the "<4> Resources" tab. Change the "<C> Ships" settings to "Specific" and then select "<E> Specific Ships." This menu is kind of confusing, but basically you just want the "Scorpion" to show on this screen.

Conclusion:
The Ferrengi had been assigned to spawn in a ship with an "Alien" deployment assigned. Since there were no available Alien ships (assuming you turned off the Classic Ferrengi ships, too) the game selected the default stock ship to assign to the Ferrengi. When this happens, you have to change the Alien's settings to use a Specific ship.

MicroBlaster:

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Last edited by Lionmane on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 am
Chief Warrant Officer

Example
SysOp: I just want to turn off Classic Ferrengi and make Gold Ferrengi that spawn in ANY Ferrengi ship type! What do I do?

1) Select "<1> - Ship Editor" in tedit and scroll to the Ferrengi ships
2) Select the "<5> Miscellaneous" tab and make sure they're set to Alien, Ferrengi, and are ACTIVE, FUNCTIONAL, but *not* UNIQUE.
3) Set up the Gold Ferrengi per your preferences.
4) On the "<4> Resources" tab of the Alien Editor, make sure all of the "Days Before Ship Is Accessible" are set to zero.

Conclusion:
Ferrengi are assigned to Alien ships by default, so unless you've been changing settings you should only need to make sure all of the Ferrengi ships are available from day zero.

MicroBlaster:

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:15 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

SysOp: My Gold Ferrengi stole ISS technology from the Federation! I want them to spawn in Ferrengi ships and add the ISS to the list! Heaven help me!

Oh, btw. Did you know you can select up to TWO categories of Ships for your Aliens to spawn in? In this case, you would pull up your Ferrengi in the Alien Race Editor, access the <4> Resources tab, and include "Specific" in <C> Ships!

MicroBlaster:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]