View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 am

Forum rules

This is not an area to debate the pros and cons of proposed features. It is an area for people to suggest new features for either TW or TWGS. I will either add the proposed feature to my planned features list, or explain my reasons for passing on the feature at this time. Features added to the list can be voted on so I can gauge people's interest.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Da Feds 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Da Feds
I'm not sure if this has been broached previously so I'll just make it it's own request:

I want more control over the Feds. "Gold Feds" or something. I suppose I could create a Gold Organization called the Federation and have all the Gold Feds I want. But it's not the same in at least one way: killing reds in ISS ships.

Oh, and I also want to be able to turn off that silly rule that kills a red in an ISS in 3 turns. Zyrain is now the only Fed that matters. The others have no effect unless you affect them first.

Does anyone know how to entrap Zyrain? Here's a hint: where does he ALWAYS go, sooner or later? Obviously, the entrapment is not as practical as the others. But this method is now obsolete, because the "kill a red in an ISS within 3 turns" rule makes him completely unstoppable.

66.26.112.116:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:04 pm
Commander

Unread post Re: Da Feds
Lionmane wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been broached previously so I'll just make it it's own request:

I want more control over the Feds. "Gold Feds" or something. I suppose I could create a Gold Organization called the Federation and have all the Gold Feds I want. But it's not the same in at least one way: killing reds in ISS ships.

Oh, and I also want to be able to turn off that silly rule that kills a red in an ISS in 3 turns. Zyrain is now the only Fed that matters. The others have no effect unless you affect them first.

Does anyone know how to entrap Zyrain? Here's a hint: where does he ALWAYS go, sooner or later? Obviously, the entrapment is not as practical as the others. But this method is now obsolete, because the "kill a red in an ISS within 3 turns" rule makes him completely unstoppable.

there is no way to "trap" him. If you break any fed rules he will show up. no matter what.

just make a gold ship with the same spec's as the ISS and the feds will leave you alone.

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Yeah, because feature requests are a waste of time because the game is dead, the players are dying, etc. You guys keep telling me that. :roll:

...and I already do that by offering the Scorpion at the Stardock.

MicroBlaster:

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:16 am
Commander

Lionmane wrote:
Yeah, because feature requests are a waste of time because the game is dead, the players are dying, etc. You guys keep telling me that. :roll:

Well the simple fact is that is true. I wish it wasn't trust me. Trade wars saved my life. I love this game and everything about it. but as long as JP is gone this is the case. I feel just as bad about as you do.

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:54 am
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

So in my exploration of da Feds, I have this information:

This Fed has transwarp:
Federals: Captain Zyrain, w/ 75,000 ftrs,
in The U.S.S. Intrepid (Martin Ind Federation StarShip)

Federals: Admiral Nelson, w/ 65,000 ftrs,
in The U.S.S. Lexington (Martin Ind Federation StarShip)

This guy is *absolutely* the slowest moving:
Federals: Fleet Admiral Clausewitz, w/ 50,000 ftrs,
in The U.S.S. Valiant (Martin Ind Federation StarShip)

This is a woman:
Federals: Captain Wilson, w/ 45,000 ftrs,
in The U.S.S. Destiny (Martin Ind Federation StarShip)

So I'm thinking of a few possible settings:

1) Invincibility on/off for each
2) Transwarp on/off for each
3) Alignment good/evil for each
4) Re-define "Federal Commission" somehow to work in an "evil" Federation
5) Re-spawn at x number of externs. So a setting of one would be the next extern, etc. A setting of zero means they re-spawn immediately
6) Define behaviors while patrolling. For instance: destroy sect figs, ignore sect figs (including ignoring tolls,) or react normally to sector figs. And etc
7) And please allow us to turn off the "kill you in 4 moves if you lose your Fed Commish."
8) ...and adjustable density scan readings.

MicroBlaster:

Last edited by Lionmane on Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

Lionmane wrote:

Mate, we all feel the same!!

We are a bunch of dinosaurs playing a game no one cares about. I'm sure JP LOVES the game still but I guess he's got to eat.

One day perhaps he'll let us make a open (or closed) source unofficial spin off..
Till then :(

Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:18 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

In addition to controlling how the Feds interact with the players as above, I want to add this feature:

Red tax-audit:
Anytime a red encounters a Fed, the red is "audited." The player must pay taxes on ALL personal AND corporate credits (if a CEO) on person, planets, and at the National Galactic Bank at StarDock. Only the player's PERSONAL account at the StarDock will be audited. All other corp members will not be affected.

If the red is a Corp member, then the CEO is somehow "tagged" for a "lesser audit" the next time they log into the game or visit StarDock if already online. This "lesser audit" is subject to discussion.

This only happens once/day fpr each red.

MicroBlaster:

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:40 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

Lionmane wrote:
In addition to controlling how the Feds interact with the players as above, I want to add this feature:

Red tax-audit:
Anytime a red encounters a Fed, the red is "audited." The player must pay taxes on ALL personal AND corporate credits (if a CEO) on person, planets, and at the National Galactic Bank at StarDock. Only the player's PERSONAL account at the StarDock will be audited. All other corp members will not be affected.

If the red is a Corp member, then the CEO is somehow "tagged" for a "lesser audit" the next time they log into the game or visit StarDock if already online. This "lesser audit" is subject to discussion.

This only happens once/day fpr each red.

I'm not sure I'm on board with this one; i like where your going

I Do like the idea of them inspecting your ship and if you have stolen goods they remove them and 10% of figs/holds/cash etc.

i.e. if you bought the goods, you'd have a sales receipt, if you stole them you have no record and assumed guilty.

(not that anyone carrys around their equipment they stole... but..)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:48 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Star Killer wrote:
Lionmane wrote:

there is no way to "trap" him. If you break any fed rules he will show up. no matter what.

just make a gold ship with the same spec's as the ISS and the feds will leave you alone.

sk

Oh, and in order to trap Zyrain, you have to blockade the Major Spacelanes/FedSpace. He always goes to FedSpace, so that's where you trap him.

But then I said this:
Lionmane wrote:
But this method is now obsolete, because the "kill a red in an ISS within 3 turns" rule makes him completely unstoppable.

MicroBlaster:

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:50 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Hammer_2 wrote:
I'm not sure I'm on board with this one; i like where your going

I Do like the idea of them inspecting your ship and if you have stolen goods they remove them and 10% of figs/holds/cash etc.

i.e. if you bought the goods, you'd have a sales receipt, if you stole them you have no record and assumed guilty.

(not that anyone carrys around their equipment they stole... but..)

I know this is a HORRIFYING prospect! Lol! It gives the Feds a WHOLE LOT MORE gameplay value, though! It will certainly bring back the strategy of "trapping the Feds!"

Imagine a game where ALL Feds have Transwarp and the "kill a red in an ISS" rule is ACTIVE! "Your ISS has been DESTROYED! And you've been AUDITED!"

Oh, and have a message in the Daily Log, too! "Player X was AUDITED!" Lol!

This might not be as scary as it seems:

a) solo reds will usually (always) be taxed.
b) a corp red will likely not have significant personal assets and will not be taxed from corp assets.
c) a corp CEO might be a blue.

MicroBlaster:

Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]