View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:17 pm



Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Big Game 
Author Message
Lieutenant J.G.

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 323
Unread post The Big Game
Hi All,

is there any worth in organising another one of these? a few new faces around and a good chance to get more people involved.

The settings Micro put up were excellent a few years back. I like the photon delay as it let there be a lot more ship gridding etc with less risk. It encouraged a lot more play or so I felt.

Also it was a fairly standard blue/red so no risk of people not wanting to share their favorite scripts outside their core group :)

Cheers,

Hammer


Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:27 am
Profile
Lieutenant J.G.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 329
Location: Virginia
Unread post Re: The Big Game
Hammer_2 wrote:
Hi All,

is there any worth in organising another one of these? a few new faces around and a good chance to get more people involved.

The settings Micro put up were excellent a few years back. I like the photon delay as it let there be a lot more ship gridding etc with less risk. It encouraged a lot more play or so I felt.

Also it was a fairly standard blue/red so no risk of people not wanting to share their favorite scripts outside their core group :)

Cheers,

Hammer


I'm in - should we do a draft again or bring teams? Hard to get 10 on a team these days, though I can do it - I have 10 that will play with us. But I'd also be happy to do a draft - maybe Hammer and I as captains?

_________________
Image ICE 2017 Tournament Winning Team Member
Image ICE 2019 Tournament Winning Team Member


Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:40 am
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant Commander
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 996
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: The Big Game
Shadow wrote:
Hammer_2 wrote:
Hi All,

is there any worth in organising another one of these? a few new faces around and a good chance to get more people involved.

The settings Micro put up were excellent a few years back. I like the photon delay as it let there be a lot more ship gridding etc with less risk. It encouraged a lot more play or so I felt.

Also it was a fairly standard blue/red so no risk of people not wanting to share their favorite scripts outside their core group :)

Cheers,

Hammer


I'm in - should we do a draft again or bring teams? Hard to get 10 on a team these days, though I can do it - I have 10 that will play with us. But I'd also be happy to do a draft - maybe Hammer and I as captains?


I doubt there would be enough players but if you can pull up enough interest... I host it...

sk

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Website: http://sk-twgs.com
ts3server://sk-twgs.com My TeamSpeak Server(I'm Almost never there)
ts3server://ts.microblaster.net Micro's TeamSpeak Server(Where you can normally find me)
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
ICQ: 693542389
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com


Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:13 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 2:00 am
Posts: 708
Location: Arkansas
Unread post Re: The Big Game
That's kinda interesting....

_________________
Black Sun TWGS
http://www.blacksuntwgs.com
blacksuntwgs.gotdns.com:23


Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:23 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 323
Unread post Re: The Big Game
Shadow wrote:


I'm in - should we do a draft again or bring teams? Hard to get 10 on a team these days, though I can do it - I have 10 that will play with us. But I'd also be happy to do a draft - maybe Hammer and I as captains?


Yeah, I was thinking the draft model so we'll end up playing with different people.

I think it makes the game a little more accessible to some people who haven't played tournaments 'hard core' like you and I. Also its a good way to find future corp mates and just improve the level of game play for all.

So two captains, random draft. People I think can apply anonymously if they choose? As long as the host knows who they are to stop griefing..

I'm also keen for a edit similar to last with some ABC tradewars, sped up a bit, just so it'll be easier to corp up with randoms.

Happy for us two to be captains but not sure how this is usually determined?


Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:28 pm
Profile
Gameop
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:00 am
Posts: 1371
Location: USA
Unread post Re: The Big Game
Draft! I always find it interesting playing with different people. I'd be in depending on timing.

_________________
Kane
Banned from smack talk since 2010! Allowed back in to smack 5/2010!


Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:34 am
Profile ICQ
Civilian

Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:33 pm
Posts: 0
Unread post Re: The Big Game
Hi - new to the boards here. Played TW loooooong time ago and something sparked my memory. Trying to find active/new games that I can join (new as its no fun running into mines after mines after mines and over powered people)


Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:43 pm
Profile
Civilian
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:50 pm
Posts: 0
Unread post Re: The Big Game
I'm sure I know of a couple of players that would play that can't post in this forum.


Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:43 pm
Profile
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3877
Location: USA
Unread post Re: The Big Game
keveh wrote:
Hi - new to the boards here. Played TW loooooong time ago and something sparked my memory. Trying to find active/new games that I can join (new as its no fun running into mines after mines after mines and over powered people)



Check out Micro's site for servers. http://microblaster.net/

Just to get your feed wet again, try Star Killer's server, some of the regulated games are easier to get started in.

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
2018 HHT Champs: Rock Stars


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155 ... adewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 2:00 am
Posts: 708
Location: Arkansas
Unread post Re: The Big Game
Cruncher wrote:
keveh wrote:

Just to get your feed wet again, try Star Killer's server, some of the regulated games are easier to get started in.


Game B is just me and I'm doing the same thing.

_________________
Black Sun TWGS
http://www.blacksuntwgs.com
blacksuntwgs.gotdns.com:23


Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:43 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 323
Unread post Re: The Big Game
If I start putting out the word a bit more are we all happy with a random draft?

Shadow and I can be captains.

SK is willing to host (thanks mate!) - I'll co-ordinate with him on organising people but he'll do the random draft. I'm sure there is a website or something that can spit that out.

How about a start early Aug? (please confirm with any US holidays etc)

It'll be ABC tradewars from memory so apart from trying to make bots work with each other shouldn't need a huge amount of practice.


Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:04 pm
Profile
Lieutenant Commander
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 996
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: The Big Game
Hammer_2 wrote:
If I start putting out the word a bit more are we all happy with a random draft?

Shadow and I can be captains.

SK is willing to host (thanks mate!) - I'll co-ordinate with him on organising people but he'll do the random draft. I'm sure there is a website or something that can spit that out.

How about a start early Aug? (please confirm with any US holidays etc)

It'll be ABC tradewars from memory so apart from trying to make bots work with each other shouldn't need a huge amount of practice.


I'm sure I can come up with something... even if I have to put names in a hat. are we talking the 2016 edit? Aug works for me. or anytime really. IF we are really serious about this I'll set up a post in Tournaments so people can start signing up

sk

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Website: http://sk-twgs.com
ts3server://sk-twgs.com My TeamSpeak Server(I'm Almost never there)
ts3server://ts.microblaster.net Micro's TeamSpeak Server(Where you can normally find me)
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
ICQ: 693542389
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com


Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:17 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1133
Unread post Re: The Big Game
I'll toss my hat in. Not alot of key time and the only connection I have is on my cell signal. So when I'm gone I'm offline. Could commit to an hour or two a day probably best to be a colonizer :)

Shadow? Need a slot filled?


Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:41 am
Profile
Lieutenant J.G.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 329
Location: Virginia
Unread post Re: The Big Game
Star Killer wrote:
I'm sure I can come up with something... even if I have to put names in a hat. are we talking the 2016 edit? Aug works for me. or anytime really. IF we are really serious about this I'll set up a post in Tournaments so people can start signing up

sk


Yeah it sounds like Hammer and I are in, and a few other people are committed. Let's get a sign-up going and see how many we get.

I liked the 2016 edit, even though that ended poorly for me for various reasons lol

_________________
Image ICE 2017 Tournament Winning Team Member
Image ICE 2019 Tournament Winning Team Member


Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:11 am
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant J.G.

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 323
Unread post Re: The Big Game
Yep, let's do it. I think we'll get more out of the woodwork with an official post and we can all start harnessing people to play.

I took a quick look at the edit, planets take roughly half stock time, ships are slightly modified. Been a lonnnggg time since I played stock, however looks like colt has twarp, IC beefed up, maybe more holds on on Havoc. Probably more stuff too.. Can could easily go for a while being stockish.

Ideally we should try and make it finish at least a month before HHT so we can move onto that with plenty of time.

So 30 day game, can apply last times rules to decide a winner. Though should we be penalized for mothing an enemy i.e. a podding?


Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:20 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.