View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Never Forget 
Commander

Unread post Never Forget
18 Years ago today the world changed forever. We must never forget the 2,977 people who lost there lives that day. We must never forget the 343 Firefighters who ran into the buildings and lost their life's that day. We must never forget the 60 police officers who lost their life's that day. We must never forget the 5,669 service men and woman who have lost their life's since making sure it doesn't happen again. We must never forget The over 20,000 service men and woman who where wounded. and the over 400,000 with wounds you cant see. #NeverForget911

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:59 am
Profile WWW
Commander

Unread post Re: Never Forget
Yes. I agree, many innocent people lost their lives.

We must also never forget: That buildings never collapse perfectly Without the use of demolition explosives. We must never forget that building 7, just collapsed to the ground for no apparent reason. We must never forget that the U.S. government shipped the entire wreckage of the world trade centre to China, despite calls for an forensic investigation. We must never forget that Pentagon was hit by something... no one knows for sure because all CCTV footage was confiscated. We must not forget the blank dumb look Bush gave (for 5 minutes), when told, by then White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card: America is under attack. When must not forget that people begged to have their Civil Rights & Freedoms taken.

It’s a New World Order.

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:50 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

LoneStar wrote:
Yes. I agree, many innocent people lost their lives.

We must also never forget: That buildings never collapse perfectly Without the use of demolition explosives. We must never forget that building 7, just collapsed to the ground for no apparent reason. We must never forget that the U.S. government shipped the entire wreckage of the world trade centre to China, despite calls for an forensic investigation. We must never forget that Pentagon was hit by something... no one knows for sure because all CCTV footage was confiscated. We must not forget the blank dumb look Bush gave (for 5 minutes), when told, by then White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card: America is under attack. When must not forget that people begged to have their Civil Rights & Freedoms taken.

It’s a New World Order.

Good god man what is wrong with you?

I was honoring the life's of people lost, some of them friends. In no way did I make political statement in ANY way shape or form.

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:13 am
Profile WWW
Commander

Star Killer wrote:

I was honoring the life's of people lost, some of them friends. In no way did I make political statement in ANY way shape or form.

sk

Indeed. What is wrong with me. On that faithful day, the morning of, I was being laid off. As the weight of my personal situation began to sink in, news of the Tragedy spread like wild fire —even interrupted my meeting. Suddenly, my (birth) day didn’t seem so bad. I’ve developed a compulsion to honour the fallen; maintaining the Truth surrounding September 11. It’s infuriating to me, to ignore the reality of 9/11. if acknowledging the Hegelian Dialectic, politicizes the ‘attack’, so what? It happens to be the truth.

While we’re honouring the Dead, let us not forget the living: https://youtu.be/HT5FTrIZN-E

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Last edited by LoneStar on Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:42 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant J.G.

Star Killer wrote:
18 Years ago today the world changed forever. We must never forget the 2,977 people who lost there lives that day. We must never forget the 343 Firefighters who ran into the buildings and lost their life's that day. We must never forget the 60 police officers who lost their life's that day. We must never forget the 5,669 service men and woman who have lost their life's since making sure it doesn't happen again. We must never forget The over 20,000 service men and woman who where wounded. and the over 400,000 with wounds you cant see. #NeverForget911

Hi SK,

as an Australian and the US's closest ally in almost every modern conflict I have not forgotten. I vividly recall staying up all night watching these events unfold.

The following year a group linked back to Al Queda, set of an explosion in Bali killing 202 People, 88 Australians, and 7 members of the Senior Football club I'm involved with. I'm currently President of the Junior club. Each year the club remembers and celebrates these innocent lives.

We don't forget at this end of the world despite differences in politics and opinions at times.

Hamish

Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:01 am
Commander

LoneStar wrote:
Star Killer wrote:

sk

Indeed. What is wrong with me. On that faithful day, the morning of, I was being laid off. As the weight of my personal situation began to sink in, news of the Tragedy spread like wild fire —even interrupted my meeting. Suddenly, my (birth) day didn’t seem so bad. I’ve developed a compulsion to honour the fallen; maintaining the Truth surrounding September 11. It’s infuriating to me, to ignore the reality of 9/11. if acknowledging the Hegelian Dialectic, politicizes the ‘attack’, so what? It happens to be the truth.

While we’re honouring the Dead, let us not forget the living: https://youtu.be/HT5FTrIZN-E

Well I very sorry that my honoring the fallen 'infuriated' you. Not everything has to be about politics. But I guess your like those people I saw protesting military funeral's. They don't care for hurtful it may be to the family and friends. Like you they have an agenda, and can't see beyond it.

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:07 am
Profile WWW
Commander

Hammer_2 wrote:
Star Killer wrote:

Hi SK,

as an Australian and the US's closest ally in almost every modern conflict I have not forgotten. I vividly recall staying up all night watching these events unfold.

The following year a group linked back to Al Queda, set of an explosion in Bali killing 202 People, 88 Australians, and 7 members of the Senior Football club I'm involved with. I'm currently President of the Junior club. Each year the club remembers and celebrates these innocent lives.

We don't forget at this end of the world despite differences in politics and opinions at times.

Hamish

Hammer,
in '04-'05 my unit was assigned to the Multi-National Brigade in Iraq made up of mostly UK and Australian troops. Tho they most supported us every once in a while they would get into it they where well trained and hard fighters and I was very proud to have served with them..

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:16 am
Profile WWW
Commander

Star Killer wrote:

Well I very sorry that my honoring the fallen 'infuriated' you. Not everything has to be about politics. But I guess your like those people I saw protesting military funeral's. They don't care for hurtful it may be to the family and friends. Like you they have an agenda, and can't see beyond it.

sk

I don’t know how you got from properly honouring the fallen Civilians, First Responders, et al —by acknowledging the horrific reality surrounding 9/11, to protesting military funerals with an agenda. So please allow me to rephrase. In the next few weeks most of us will be wearing little plastic poppy’s to commemorate Rememberance Day: “Lest We Forget” ...is the phrase I believe is universally used in North America. My question to you is: Lest We Forget... what? Scratch that. My question is: why aren’t you infuriated that people today care very little about what really happened on 9/11?

I believe that it’s absolutely vital when honouring the fallen, that we acknowledge the: How & Why, otherwise ‘Lest We Forget, becomes a meaningless phrase that is uttered as some kind of group-identity currency.

P.S. I was in the military, briefly. Would still be if my country took its military seriously. The Truth is, Canadian Government enjoys living in the protective shadow of The U.S. of A. Way too much. ...see, the Truth hurts.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:01 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

LoneStar wrote:
Star Killer wrote:

sk

I don’t know how you got from properly honouring the fallen Civilians, First Responders, et al —by acknowledging the horrific reality surrounding 9/11, to protesting military funerals with an agenda. So please allow me to rephrase. In the next few weeks most of us will be wearing little plastic poppy’s to commemorate Rememberance Day: “Lest We Forget” ...is the phrase I believe is universally used in North America. My question to you is: Lest We Forget... what? Scratch that. My question is: why aren’t you infuriated that people today care very little about what really happened on 9/11?

I believe that it’s absolutely vital when honouring the fallen, that we acknowledge the: How & Why, otherwise ‘Lest We Forget, becomes a meaningless phrase that is uttered as some kind of group-identity currency.

P.S. I was in the military, briefly. Would still be if my country took its military seriously. The Truth is, Canadian Government enjoys living in the protective shadow of The U.S. of A. Way too much. ...see, the Truth hurts.

Yeah you just don't get it and prob. never will. not too worried about it. moving on...

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:09 am
Profile WWW
Lieutenant

I will also never forget that day - I was getting dressed for work, with the television on, in northern Virginia - about 6 miles from Dulles Airport where several of the hijacked planes took off from, and about 25 miles from the Capitol. I saw the breaking news when the first plane hit, and everyone assumed it was some sort of terrible accident - then the second one hit, and everything changed.

My office told us to work from home that day - nobody knew what was going on, the Pentagon would be hit shortly after, and they didn't want to contribute to the rising chaos in the area. I tried to call family and friends and cell circuits were overloaded, land lines were down, it was impossible to communicate. In the immediate DC area, roads were closed, airports were closed, and nobody knew what was going on.

I did not serve, but I knew many who did, and my future wife (who I had not yet met at this point) had personal friends who died on one of the planes. I could easily have been on one of the planes - I traveled for work, as did many who died, and I happened not to be traveling that particular day.

So yes, I will never forget. And SK (and the milions of others who honored their country with their service and sacrifice), thank you for your service.

All of that said - while I am not going to dive into Lone's conspiracy theories (frankly I don't know either way and I am not going to make any assumptions about anything without data) - I will agree with his last statement: "We[sic] must not forget that people begged to have their Civil Rights & Freedoms taken." One of the sad legacies of that event is that created a political culture where people were willing to give up their rights and freedoms out of fear. Hence the "patriot act" (nothing remotely patriotic about it), the breaking down of constitutional barriers between agencies that led to DHS, and the general rejection of Ben Franklin's adage that "those who would give up essential liberty for security deserve neither."

And now, a day after the anniversary of this event, we have a US politician making statements about going door to door and forcefully confiscating firearms from US citizens - and while half of the political spectrum is rightly aghast at his comments, the other half are applauding them. What has happened to our country?

Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:02 pm
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

I was working at home that day, I had ICQ on. Someone messaged me that a plane had just hit one of the towers. I thought to myself, wow.. must have been a freak accident, and kept working. I had an appointment in town later that day, had to keep deadlines... until I took a break for lunch and turned on the news.

Needless to say, I was late for my afternoon appointment, but did tear away from the news long enough. In the middle of that tragic day, big oil companies decided to use that opportunity to price gouge at the gas pumps. The price at the pumps just hours after the first plane crashed were over $5!

I bring this up because of the events in Saudi Arabia today, and news reports that our gas may go up .25 cents because of it. Folks, we only get 10% of our oil from the middle east now, don't let the big oil companies price gouge us again for no good reason! Boycott any gas station that does raise their prices!

Thank you for your service SK and to all of the men and women who lost their lives that day, and continue to lose lives fighting America's longest war. #NeverForget911

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:13 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Note to self... never post anything on here that just honors fallen hero's and friends because everyone feels the need to post their political agendas on here instead of just taking time to pause and remember.

Only one person (hammer) got what i was trying to do... oh well lesson learned.

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]