View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 am

Forum rules

In game or game related smack only. Any foul language or topics that are non-game related will be dealt with by the forum moderator. If at any point this forum gets out of hand or in someway effects the games community this forum will be closed.

Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Official ICE 2020 Smack 
Lieutenant J.G.

Unread post Re: Official ICE 2020 Smack
I still smell a tone and paranoia about this whole event.

You'd have to have a serious ego issue or paranoia issue to think anyone would bring this game down over a tournament deliberately? What because there afraid of your game play lol? I'd actually love someone to surprise me and kill me and my team all in day 1 - i could learn something of the enemy - it'd be great!

Shadow: Just in reference to game starts - yep - I'm killing anyone I can at the start. Micro doesn't like the way the game has gone with automation and bots, like a lot of people who've quit, so we are probably ruining it for them. However, it's how I play the game and will continue to do so.

That being said I usually priorities our overall team start over getting a kill, and I also agree it's rare a blockade works at the start. Least in recent years/experience.

Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:22 pm
Lieutenant

prestone2 wrote:
These guys, who both appear to be computer experts, are talking openly about attacking the severs in future tournament games.

Are you high? I said no such thing. I said it's possible, which it is, and I also said that I would not do so nor do I condone anyone else doing so.

The whole point of this was that it's possible.

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:17 am
Profile ICQ
Warrant Officer

I guess Hammer is right. I'm just being paranoid thinking someone would send a packet to the server to screw up everyone's start. I should trust in my fellow man and have faith because people are so trustworthy and honest. Nobody has ever cheated at this game.

You people are adorable :lol:

Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:15 am
Lieutenant J.G.

rider2 wrote:
I guess Hammer is right. I'm just being paranoid thinking someone would send a packet to the server to screw up everyone's start. I should trust in my fellow man and have faith because people are so trustworthy and honest. Nobody has ever cheated at this game.

The paranoid bit is you guys think they'd do it to stop you :)

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:12 pm
Warrant Officer

Hmm, must be a translation problem.
I don't think they did it to "ME"
I think they did it for "Them"
Is that clear enough? This isn't a ego thing. I am a very small part of this team.

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:44 pm
Ambassador

Hammer_2 wrote:
rider2 wrote:

The paranoid bit is you guys think they'd do it to stop you :)

I wonder how much pot they smoke? :P

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:49 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Warrant Officer

I smoke more than all of them combined.
Yeah, maybe that caused the problem, all the weed i smoke :lol:

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:12 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

rider2 wrote:
Hmm, must be a translation problem.
I don't think they did it to "ME"
I think they did it for "Them"
Is that clear enough? This isn't a ego thing. I am a very small part of this team.

Do you think it's better chance of being a deliberate attack on the TWGS or a random occurrence/bug?

Maybe I do see the good in people more than most....

in which case you must think it was us? Given Prestone/Xano's etc got partially locked out for hours.

We probably just disconnected ourselves and got off to a slow start with random names as part of the ruse? :)

Or did Prestone's team do it as part of the ruse?

I'm confused, did I do it? or was it Shadow, to make you think we did, to cast shade on us?

Oh wait maybe the Russians.

Me, I think it was a TWGS error and I think day 1 went exactly how it would have gone either way. (That's my ego there).

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:30 pm
Warrant Officer

Hammer_2 wrote:
Me, I think it was a TWGS error and I think day 1 went exactly how it would have gone either way. (That's my ego there).

Yeah, but for some reason you voted against proving that with a restart, so I guess we will never know will we?

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:54 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

rider2 wrote:
Hammer_2 wrote:

Yeah, but for some reason you voted against proving that with a restart, so I guess we will never know will we?

It was asked 3 hours in if not 4??

I was out the next day and so was most of my corp...

You'd already lost... so you don't get to cry foul then.. I'm sure you'd have taken the victory if it had 'worked'.

so yeah - no thanks.

However, the offer still stands to set up a game another time which you've also declined.

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:59 pm
Warrant Officer

Enjoy your "win".

Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:15 pm
Ambassador

Hammer_2 wrote:
Do you think it's better chance of being a deliberate attack on the TWGS or a random occurrence/bug?
IMO it is a random occurrence/bug. This is the first time I am aware of that this many players were running "Fast" login scripts that were pounding the game prompt to be the first to get into the game. It would take some extensive testing to prove that, and I don't really have time.

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:03 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Lieutenant

Micro wrote:
Hammer_2 wrote:
IMO it is a random occurrence/bug. This is the first time I am aware of that this many players were running "Fast" login scripts that were pounding the game prompt to be the first to get into the game. It would take some extensive testing to prove that, and I don't really have time.

It may be the first time you've personally been aware of it, but it has been happening in every tourney since about 2005.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:07 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant J.G.

Shadow wrote:

It may be the first time you've personally been aware of it, but it has been happening in every tourney since about 2005.

Has it tho? my understanding with mombot was that you put your timer on and it'd logon. If no one was home, it'd disconnect and retry. It's only been last year or 2 that it's been changed. I'm a bit vague on this mind you! However, I'm sure this is the reason why I wrote my own login script till I updated mombot recently.

Or one thing, ICE about 3-4 years ago (had 5 corps), I remember checking the # menu 60 seconds before game start and there was like 5-6 people online. I was amazed people werent' doing it this way.

Perhaps the difference this time is we had a few afk people who set there's to start logging in 30 minutes before the game start.. so if each attempt causes a new process as suggest we may have caused some issue.

Super easy to see if it happens. Rider and SK need to set up a secret test with 20 bots doing it. No one else can be involved obviously, else the Russians might find out, so he can do some clean testing. :)

Last edited by Hammer_2 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:49 pm
Ambassador

Shadow wrote:

I am sure there were a few doing it, but it was not part of the older Mombot.

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:59 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next