View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:46 pm



Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Monthly or Two Turn Game 
Author Message
Gameop
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:00 am
Posts: 1290
Location: USA
Unread post Monthly or Two Turn Game
So who all would be up for a monthly or every two months having a 'big' turns game? If there isn't enough interest now maybe after HHT is over.

Here's kind of what I was thinking.

The first month we could have someone bang a say Pirates game, 1.5- 2k turns, maybe a 2 day bank. Then who every wins can pick the server, if we have enough sysops interested, and the edit.

We could for the starting edit, have a random one drawn. Get 5 or so edits and throw them in a random generator and boom there is the starting game.

This could be BYOC and if a bunch of singles want to form up that would be fine too. Hell we could do random corps or a draft style if people wanted to.

If we get enough interest we can set the wheels in motion. It would be IMO a fun way to get players together and maybe have a bit of competition. Who knows maybe some of those old players may find their way back, the possibilities are endless!


Post up your ideas or thoughts, Sysops if your sever is in post it up, players post up if your interested.

_________________
Kane
Banned from smack talk since 2010! Allowed back in to smack 5/2010!


Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:53 am
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 111
Location: Virginia
Unread post Re: Monthly or Two Turn Game
Kane wrote:
So who all would be up for a monthly or every two months having a 'big' turns game? If there isn't enough interest now maybe after HHT is over.

Here's kind of what I was thinking.

The first month we could have someone bang a say Pirates game, 1.5- 2k turns, maybe a 2 day bank. Then who every wins can pick the server, if we have enough sysops interested, and the edit.

We could for the starting edit, have a random one drawn. Get 5 or so edits and throw them in a random generator and boom there is the starting game.

This could be BYOC and if a bunch of singles want to form up that would be fine too. Hell we could do random corps or a draft style if people wanted to.

If we get enough interest we can set the wheels in motion. It would be IMO a fun way to get players together and maybe have a bit of competition. Who knows maybe some of those old players may find their way back, the possibilities are endless!


Post up your ideas or thoughts, Sysops if your sever is in post it up, players post up if your interested.


I'd play it if you multiplied those turn numbers by 10.

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:13 am
Profile ICQ
Gameop
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:00 am
Posts: 1290
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Monthly or Two Turn Game
Shadow wrote:
Kane wrote:
So who all would be up for a monthly or every two months having a 'big' turns game? If there isn't enough interest now maybe after HHT is over.

Here's kind of what I was thinking.

The first month we could have someone bang a say Pirates game, 1.5- 2k turns, maybe a 2 day bank. Then who every wins can pick the server, if we have enough sysops interested, and the edit.

We could for the starting edit, have a random one drawn. Get 5 or so edits and throw them in a random generator and boom there is the starting game.

This could be BYOC and if a bunch of singles want to form up that would be fine too. Hell we could do random corps or a draft style if people wanted to.

If we get enough interest we can set the wheels in motion. It would be IMO a fun way to get players together and maybe have a bit of competition. Who knows maybe some of those old players may find their way back, the possibilities are endless!


Post up your ideas or thoughts, Sysops if your sever is in post it up, players post up if your interested.


I'd play it if you multiplied those turn numbers by 10.


May as well make it unlimited turns.

_________________
Kane
Banned from smack talk since 2010! Allowed back in to smack 5/2010!


Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:33 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 1895
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post Re: Monthly or Two Turn Game
Kane wrote:
Shadow wrote:

I'd play it if you multiplied those turn numbers by 10.


May as well make it unlimited turns.

Better cut the turns in half to make sure Shadow doesn't come. :lol:

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

"The goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight.”


Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:15 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Gameop
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:00 am
Posts: 1290
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Monthly or Two Turn Game
Micro wrote:
Kane wrote:
Shadow wrote:

I'd play it if you multiplied those turn numbers by 10.


May as well make it unlimited turns.

Better cut the turns in half to make sure Shadow doesn't come. :lol:


250 turns it is then! :lol:

_________________
Kane
Banned from smack talk since 2010! Allowed back in to smack 5/2010!


Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:49 pm
Profile ICQ
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.