View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:42 am



Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars 
Author Message
1st Sergeant

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:00 am
Posts: 37
Location: USA
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
Has anyone ever looked at compiling TWX for Linux or OS X, perhaps with Lazarus/FPC? I'm guessing it is only a console application so porting it might not be too difficult.


Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:07 pm
Profile ICQ
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 2081
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
Deign wrote:
Has anyone ever looked at compiling TWX for Linux or OS X, perhaps with Lazarus/FPC? I'm guessing it is only a console application so porting it might not be too difficult.

No, it is as Windows Forms application (WIN32). Windows dependencies prevent anything cross platform.
It is heavily dependent on Delphi 5 libraries. Shouldn't be hard to convert it to Delphi 6, but Delphi 7+ is completely out of the question!
Lazarus/FPC would also be a complete re-write.

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

Do not try and bend the spoon. That’s impossible.
Instead… only try to realize there is no spoon.


Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:52 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Lieutenant J.G.

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 439
Location: In your girlfriend's bed
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
Remember the old Trade Wars group on E-groups (now Yahoo Groups)? We would read posts and respond via e-mail.

Well, one day, I composed a scouting report such as location of enemy sectors, our sectors, what I did, what needs to be done, etc. I then sent the e-mail to what I thought was to my corp mates. As it turned out, I sent the e-mail to that Trade Wars E-group for everyone to see. :oops:


Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:09 pm
Profile
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 2081
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
Left home base overloaded at extern on day one...

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

Do not try and bend the spoon. That’s impossible.
Instead… only try to realize there is no spoon.


Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:36 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1122
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
Micro wrote:
Left home base overloaded at extern on day one...



lmao


Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:40 am
Profile
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1122
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
I've done this before. Smack talking Cruncher in a game just to come back and be wiped out because I came home dirty. :lol: :lol:

Or from Crunchers side. Surrounding fed space while towing a ship in a low turn based game :lol:


Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:41 am
Profile
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:57 am
Posts: 3521
Location: Long Beach, CA
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
Got killed with all my corp's cash on me. (Instead of sitting at dock where I belonged)

H

_________________
Helix
Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars.
Lest we forget
TTW TWGS v2 twgs.ddns.net:2002
I had to ask myself WWSGD?


Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 2081
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
Helix wrote:
Got killed with all my corp's cash on me. (Instead of sitting at dock where I belonged)

H

Yeah, so you passed the bank duties to me and I did the same thing...

I might just be the worst player in tradewars ;)

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

Do not try and bend the spoon. That’s impossible.
Instead… only try to realize there is no spoon.


Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:49 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ensign

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 237
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
Testing my MOO cashing script... Left two copies running as I didn't have that check in it.

I blew up a planet with 500k cols, all our cash, and half my corp. Oh and myself.

We still won tho!


Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:16 pm
Profile
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 2081
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
Hammer_2 wrote:
Testing my MOO cashing script... Left two copies running as I didn't have that check in it.

I blew up a planet with 500k cols, all our cash, and half my corp. Oh and myself.

We still won tho!

Was that in the xmas subzero?

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

Do not try and bend the spoon. That’s impossible.
Instead… only try to realize there is no spoon.


Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:19 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ensign

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 237
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
Micro wrote:
Hammer_2 wrote:
Testing my MOO cashing script... Left two copies running as I didn't have that check in it.

I blew up a planet with 500k cols, all our cash, and half my corp. Oh and myself.

We still won tho!

Was that in the xmas subzero?


haha no, tho I killed A LOT Of cols deliberately just in case people were hiding on planets :)

This was a couple of years ago... I'm pretty sure one of my corp mates did it later too.. Back in the days when CBYnot was showing me the ropes of Mombot and planet gridding on Vid Kids server. CBYnot was my jedi master when I came back to the game.


Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:02 pm
Profile
Ensign
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 226
Location: Virginia
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
I think that showing up one night in a tournament drunk off your Butt, calling a corpie offensive names and insulting their sexuality, and starting a fight that ended up with one corpie killing the other, probably counts on this list.

_________________
Image


Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:28 pm
Profile ICQ
Ensign

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 237
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
Shadow wrote:
I think that showing up one night in a tournament drunk off your Butt, calling a corpie offensive names and insulting their sexuality, and starting a fight that ended up with one corpie killing the other, probably counts on this list.


hahaha - Was this recent? I shouldn't laugh because I'd be super pissed off but at the same time from the outside.. hahaha


Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:34 pm
Profile
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1122
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
Hammer_2 wrote:
Shadow wrote:
I think that showing up one night in a tournament drunk off your Butt, calling a corpie offensive names and insulting their sexuality, and starting a fight that ended up with one corpie killing the other, probably counts on this list.


hahaha - Was this recent? I shouldn't laugh because I'd be super pissed off but at the same time from the outside.. hahaha



Sounds like you're a bigger 8--------) than me Hammer?


Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:07 pm
Profile
Ensign

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 237
Unread post Re: 101 Dumest Things ever done in trade wars
Comet wrote:

Sounds like you're a bigger 8--------) than me Hammer?


I like to think we'll all look back at these moments with fondness and amusement. Until then it might just be me...

It's a bit like one of my clients who went into his work early recently; only person there. Had to use the toilet and the door knob fell off. He was stuck in there for an hour before someone else came and rescued. He was really irritated about the whole thing but I assured him one day, he'll see just how f'ing funny that is :)


Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:16 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.