View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:18 am



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 HHT 2018 - Testing a new edit! 
Author Message
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 2031
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post HHT 2018 - Testing a new edit!
Greetings Programs... Starkiller and I have prepared something special for HHT 2018.

The Haunted Halloween Tournament is dedicated to the memory of Space Ghost, and those that miss him.

This is a test game, and your feedback on the new edit is appreciated. It is based loosely on HHT 2009, but with all new ship and planet names. Most of the settings are similar to that edit.

Hosted by: The Sprawl v1.03/3.13
Server: thesprawl.ca
Port: 2002

• Unlimited Time
• 5000 Turns (Note: Actual Tournament Turns will be lower.)
• 10000 Sectors
• 6 Trader Corps
• No Delays
• No Truce

This test game will open Friday August 17th at 9 pm Eastern Time

Tournament mode is off in the practice game, but will be on in the tournament game.

When we were looking at the HHT edits, without rebanging them we noticed something strange about the warps, and I have written a post bang script that will incorporate the following oddities into the map:

1. Stardock's Warp outs will BE sectors 2 ,3 ,4 ,5, 7, and 9.
2. Alpha will have a Warp out to sector 6.
3. Rylos will have a Warp out to sector 8.
4. SOL Does not have any warps to 3 - 10, and has random warps instead.

However!!!!!!! You will NOT be able to warp TO Stardock, Alpha or Rylos thru these One-Way jumps. Warps out of SOL are also One-Way!

Also the map will have 6 Black holes. Those Black Holes will have Warps into them but will have no warps out.

Note: My research indicates that simular map changes were made to many of the HHT edits Post bang, but other years no post changes were made. If there is one thing SG was NOT it was consistant.

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

Do not try and bend the spoon. That’s impossible.
Instead… only try to realize there is no spoon.


Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:35 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 2031
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post Re: HHT 2018 - Testing a new edit!
placeholder

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

Do not try and bend the spoon. That’s impossible.
Instead… only try to realize there is no spoon.


Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:43 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Lieutenant Commander
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 763
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: HHT 2018 - Testing a new edit!
Micro wrote:
Greetings Programs... Starkiller and I have prepared something special for HHT 2018.

The Haunted Halloween Tournament is dedicated to the memory of Space Ghost, and those that miss him.

This is a test game, and your feedback on the new edit is appreciated. It is based loosely on HHT 2009, but with all new ship and planet names. Most of the settings are similar to that edit.

Hosted by: The Sprawl v1.03/3.13
Server: thesprawl.ca
Port: 2002

• Unlimited Time
• 5000 Turns (Note: Actual Tournament Turns will be lower.)
• 10000 Sectors
• 6 Trader Corps
• No Delays
• No Truce

This test game will open Friday August 17th at 9 pm Eastern Time

Tournament mode is off in the practice game, but will be on in the tournament game.

When we were looking at the HHT edits, without rebanging them we noticed something strange about the warps, and I have written a post bang script that will incorporate the following oddities into the map:

1. Stardock's Warp outs will BE sectors 2 ,3 ,4 ,5, 7, and 9.
2. Alpha will have a Warp out to sector 6.
3. Rylos will have a Warp out to sector 8.
4. SOL Does not have any warps to 3 - 10, and has random warps instead.

However!!!!!!! You will NOT be able to warp TO Stardock, Alpha or Rylos thru these One-Way jumps. Warps out of SOL are also One-Way!

Also the map will have 6 Black holes. Those Black Holes will have Warps into them but will have no warps out.

Note: My research indicates that simular map changes were made to many of the HHT edits Post bang, but other years no post changes were made. If there is one thing SG was NOT it was consistant.


Note:
I well be in this game testing as well. even tho the game is on a server I run. but this being a test game it shouldnt be an issue.

sk

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Proud Member of Killbillies & Cloud09 Perma Corps
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
Retired From Active Play 2017
Returned To Active Play 2018

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
The Sprawl V1 TWGS
Website: http://sk-twgs.com
TeamSpeak 3 Server: ts3server://sk-twgs.com
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
ICQ: 693542389
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
The Sprawl V1 TWGS: THESPRAWL.CA PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/


Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:24 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3733
Location: USA
Unread post Re: HHT 2018 - Testing a new edit!
If you intend to play, I suggest you get in and get a "feel" for this edit. If not, then you will be "DAYS" behind!

Awesome job SK, Micro & Xanos. This is as twisted as anything SG had created.

BTW - found the huge "red herring" without any coaching, so proud of myself! :D

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155 ... adewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:13 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 2031
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post Re: HHT 2018 - Testing a new edit!
Cruncher wrote:
BTW - found the huge "red herring" without any coaching, so proud of myself! :D

I was worried people wouldn't see it. Maybe we were a bit too obvious?

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

Do not try and bend the spoon. That’s impossible.
Instead… only try to realize there is no spoon.


Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:37 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3733
Location: USA
Unread post Re: HHT 2018 - Testing a new edit!
Micro wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
BTW - found the huge "red herring" without any coaching, so proud of myself! :D

I was worried people wouldn't see it. Maybe we were a bit too obvious?



I didn't even look at the ship specs first. Just got lucky, needed a ship with a longer transport range.

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155 ... adewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:48 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3733
Location: USA
Unread post Re: HHT 2018 - Testing a new edit!
Just curious if there were going to be any changes "tweeks" to this edit before the next test game?

When is the next test game rebang?

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155 ... adewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:40 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1055
Unread post Re: HHT 2018 - Testing a new edit!
Still waiting for cruncher to approve my request to join her corp


Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:56 pm
Profile
Lieutenant Commander
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 763
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: HHT 2018 - Testing a new edit!
Cruncher wrote:
Just curious if there were going to be any changes "tweeks" to this edit before the next test game?

When is the next test game rebang?


Game K is now open on The Sprawl with the latest tweeks

sk

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Proud Member of Killbillies & Cloud09 Perma Corps
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
Retired From Active Play 2017
Returned To Active Play 2018

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
The Sprawl V1 TWGS
Website: http://sk-twgs.com
TeamSpeak 3 Server: ts3server://sk-twgs.com
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
ICQ: 693542389
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
The Sprawl V1 TWGS: THESPRAWL.CA PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/


Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:13 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Staff Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:02 pm
Posts: 10
Location: California, USA
Unread post Re: HHT 2018 - Testing a new edit!
Comet wrote:
Still waiting for cruncher to approve my request to join her corp

You might have a better chance with Helix.


Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1055
Unread post Re: HHT 2018 - Testing a new edit!
Frenzy wrote:
Comet wrote:
Still waiting for cruncher to approve my request to join her corp

You might have a better chance with Helix.



LOL! I'll take my chances.


Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:16 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.