View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:33 am

Forum rules

1. Each thread must begin with the Tournament Name, date expected to open, host server information, and rules if this information is available.
2. After the tournament officially opens, we will then open the thread to general discussion of the tournament.
3. There will be one thread here per tournament.
4. Members not in the game are allowed to comment on the game, however if this results in arguments that get personal the member NOT playing will be banned from the thread. This can be a temporary or permanent ban.
5. Posts viewed by the admin/moderators of this site as being out of line with the intent of this thread, can be moved or deleted at the moderators discretion.
6. Continued violations of the rules of this thread can result in the temporary or in extreme cases a permanent ban from this thread.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Pirates 3x 2021 
Ambassador

Unread post Pirates 3x 2021
Greetings Programs... MicroBlaster network is proud to present Pirates 3x 2021!!!

It has bee 4 years since I ran a fall pirates tournament, so I think it is time for another one! Since everyone has busy schedules, I have decided to make this a time limited tournament!

We are moving to Greenland for the duration of the tournament. Not really, but we will be setting the clock to Greenland time. This mans that midnight server time will be 9pm central, or 10pm eastern, and extern will run at that time. This elevates a bug associated with time limited games, and will allow extern and midnight to happen 2 hours earlier.

--- Game P - Pirates 3x Practice ---
Practice game will be rebanged and reopen Friday September 10th, at 7:00 PM Eastern Time

--- Game T - Pirates 3x Tournament---
Tournament game Opens Friday September 24th, at 7:00 PM Eastern Time

Hosted by: MicroBlaster Network TWGSv2.20/TW2002v3.34
Server: twgs.MicroBlaster.net
Port: 2002

Time Limited 7pm - 12am Eastern
Extern will run at 10pm Eastern
2500 Turns
10K Sectors
100ms Move Speed
100ms Latency
• No other delays

• Max SIX players per corp
• Max
SIX planets per sector
3x Colonist Regen Rate (0.15%)
3x Faster Planet Citadels
NO Truce

• Tournament Mode ON
• Max
3 Days to enter
• Max
20 Deaths
• Death Delay
ON
• Death mode
"Deaths ONLY"
• Duration 30 Days (End of day 30 on the 'v' screen) Eastern Time.
Note: Since the server is on GMT-2 this is actually 2am on day 31, server time.

Please visit my site for additional game settings:
http://microblaster.net/GameDetail.aspx ... d=0&game=T

The Pirates 3x edit is based on Res Judicata's Pirates Final TWA
Note: The Dread Flute has been nerfed a little bit, and I may have made some other changes.

See the official tournament rules below.

Attachments:
Pirates3X-2021.TWA [386.29 KiB]
Downloaded 10 times

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/YFWZdrCjwb

Last edited by Micro on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:42 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Pirates 3x 2021
1. Duplicate Accounts

Duplicate accounts will not be tolerated. Any corporation using dupes is in violation of this rule, even if the dupe is not a member of the corp. Bot use (i.e. Mombot) is a form of duping, however it is currently accepted by the community and will be allowed.

a. Duplicate accounts are primarily determined by IP address. One player per IP address.
b. I will be using other methods to detect dupes, including proxy detection.
c. Proxy use, including VPS and Game Accelerators, is allowed, but you may not use the same service provider I am using (http://www.databasemart.com). I may require additional identity verification if you are using any of these.
d. In-game aliases are disabled, so please log in with the alias you want to use.
e. At no time is a player allowed to log into another players account.
f. You may not use Telnet Proxy, Remote Desktop, or any other means to remotely control another players account.
g. I may require email and/or voice validation of suspicious accounts, at my discretion.

2. Player Conduct

We're all here to enjoy games together. Sometimes that can mean arguing with friends over lost battles or a playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks. That's fine, but being abusive towards others drains the fun from the game. This is a family oriented game server, and you are expected to behave accordingly.

When engaging in any kind of In-Game or other communication, players will refrain from using offensive material. This applies to player handles, anything that would appear in the daily logs, and the naming of any in-game object such as beacons, ships, planets, ports, etc… This includes ASCII images posted across one or more lines or objects.

Offensive material includes, but is not limited to the following:

a. Hate speech, racism and other discriminatory language.
b. Threats, harassment, and Bullying.
c. Language that goes "beyond polite conversation", curse words, and strong language.
d. Explicit or Implied sexual content, graphic nudity, and strong violence.
e. Religious and political views.

Remember: "My house is my house. As are its contents." Quark & Brunt.

3. Buyouts

Because of database limitations, it is possible for the game to run out of certain resources. If a player or corporation intentionally buys a resource until the database is full, this is referred to as a buyout. Sometimes a game will run out of resources during normal game play (i.e. Planet Farming), and may not be considered a buyout.

a. Buyouts of any kind are not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to Ships and Planets.
b. Trading at ports until they are empty is standard game play, and is not considered a buyout.

4. Mega-Corps

Mega-Corping is not Allowed... Sorry...

a. Players may freely create, join, or leave corporations at any time.
b. Regardless of corp configuration, the size of your "Team" cannot exceed SIX players.
b. Alliances between corporations are discouraged.
c. Information and resource sharing are discouraged.
d. Joint attacks against an opponent are discouraged.

Honestly, I do not have a way to detect if you are Mega-Corping, but I will enforce this rule at my deaccession if I am provided any compelling evidence that you are Mega-Corping...

5. Truce Rules

No truce is in effect, but I would appreciate it if you allow everyone a fair chance to get to dock when the game opens...

Use of aggressive login scripts is Discouraged...

Clarification: This is not a rule against aggressive login scripts, or a rule against trying to kill everyone on their way to dock. You are also free to try and prevent players from leaving Dock or any Fedspace sector. I do not approve of this type of gameplay, but I have not made any rules against it. If the server crashes because of aggressive login scripts, I will restart the server after a random time interval.

6. Bug use and Hacking

I hate to say this, but anything else allowed by the game will generally be considered legal regardless of how dishonorable a tactic may be. This includes but is not limited to Subspace Crawling, Shield Riding, Backstabbing, Blowing StarDock, and Blockading Fedspace. However, some activities are not allowed, including, but not limited to the following:

a. Intentional bug use is prohibited.
b. Hacking another player’s password is prohibited.
c. Network attacks (i.e. Denial of Service) against the server or another player are prohibited.
d. Any action that results in disconnecting a player from the game.
e. Any action that causes the server to crash.

Bug use is a very difficult area to define and violations will be taken on a case by case basis. For example, Intentional use of the "File Lock Bug" is prohibited (i.e. running a "Tag" script). The "File Lock Bug" is almost guaranteed to happen during a planetary invasion when both corporations are running offensive and defensive scripts. Since this is unavoidable without applying delays, it is not considered a violation. The defending corporation is at disadvantage if they are AFK at the time of the attack, and should be aware that no penalty will be incurred by the attacker.

I am still investigating the "File Lock Bug" and do not know what causes it at this time. If your opponent gets kicked from the server due to "File Lock Bug" bug, please do not use this to you advantage.

Remember: "Any advanced tactic in TW is indistinguishable from cheating" Cern.

I do not personally agree with the attitude that anything allowed by the game is "Fair Play", but in a tournament I feel that we must clearly define any and all tactics that are to be considered violations. I will take into consideration any requests for changes and/or additions to these rules that are emailed to dmc@it1.biz before the start of the game.

7. Penalties and Disqualification

Any player or corporation suspected of breaking these rules may be penalized and/or disqualified, and a single player’s violation may result in a penalty to all corporation members.

a. I cannot see everything that is happening in the game, so most violations must be reported to me by a player.
b. Violations must be reported within 48 hours of the violation, and the accuser must provide logs or other evidence of the violation
c. Each violation will be considered on a case by case basis and may be punished by disqualification, temporary suspension, or permanent ban of the individual player or an entire corporation.
d. Game assets may also be given or taken away if the violation resulted in an unfair loss or gain of such assets.
e. My decisions are final, and no additional argument will be tolerated after a decision has been made.

You can contact me by:

Email (dmc@it1.biz)
Discord (Micro#3865)
Facebook (https://www.fb.com/david.mccartney.50).

8. End of Game

This is a last corporation standing tournament with a maximum death limit of 20 deaths per player. If there is no clear winner at the end of day 30 on the "V" settings screen, that is Midnight Eastern Time, but 2am Day 31 server time, a stalemate will be declared and the winner will be decided by a point system as follows:

a. 10 points for the player or corp with the largest grid.
b. 25 points for the player or corp with the most fighters.
c. 35 points for the player or corp with the most colonist.

In the event of a tie, cash in citadels will be used to break the tie.

Last edited by Micro on Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:46 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ambassador

How fast are faster planets?
Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------
|                               |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |
|   Coastal                  |  0  |  0  |  1  |  3  |  1  |  1  |
|   Legion                   |  0  |  0  |  0  |  1  |  1  |  1  |
|   Brothel                  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  3  |
|   Ship Yard               |  0  |  0  |  0  |  1  |  1  |  1  |
|   Glacial                   |  1  |  1  |  7  |  2  |  1  |  2  |
|   Pirate Penthouse    |  0  |  0  |  0  |  1  |  1  |  2  |
|    Dead Star             |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  | 33 |

Last edited by Micro on Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:46 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ambassador

We are taking signups... Please contact me if you are interested...

Corp 1 - <<<Shadow>>> Maybe?

Corp 2 - <<<Mind Dagger>>>

Corp 3 - <<<Farley>>>

Draft - <<<>>>

Sign-up is optional...

Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:44 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]