View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 am

Forum rules

In game or game related smack only. Any foul language or topics that are non-game related will be dealt with by the forum moderator. If at any point this forum gets out of hand or in someway effects the games community this forum will be closed.

Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Official ICE 2020 Tournament(Take Two) 
Commander

Unread post Re: Official ICE 2020 Tournament(Take Two)
prestone2 wrote:
LoneStar wrote:
Our entire strategy was based on the first minute of game-opening. It didn't work; we learned, adapted, moved on, and are waiting for FiRE.

Moved on? Why lie?

2 members of your team did not move on. 3 weeks after quitting they used bugs to try and ruin the game, which got your whole team deleted.

As far as waiting for "FiRE"...I am not sure why you would think that these 2 individuals will even be allowed to participate in the next tournament.

Remind me: What was the cause of the Server crash?

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:24 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Chief Warrant Officer

LoneStar wrote:

I'm done with you Pinocchio.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:58 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

LoneStar wrote:

Well, Windows updates of course :)

Without joining a flame war but as someone who bought this to SK's attention I'll add this:

There were crashes and lag in the game around the same time.
SBot's were politely asked to stop. Could have, end of story, move on.
We were given the run around by Shadow saying he didn't know who was doing it. Which we all know is complete BS, given Rider admitted via ICQ it was him and they are best buddies.
I asked again for them to stop, just in case it's leading to instability.
They got deleted as Rider refused too stop as it's a new "undocumented feature" as far he's concerned.

Is this a bug? - I'd say yes
Is deliberate bug use banned? I'd say yes
Is it cheating? Well, probably not as I doubt Rider actually intended to enter the game.
Does it matter if you guys are deleted? nope
Was it impacting the players game experience? 100% was annoying the crap out of our corp - Why, well, I don't really want to share all our tools.
Have you guys moved on? Some have, but Rider is certainly has not and as such his childish behavior has to be dealt with in this respect.

Can we all just drop it now, move on? Prestone included here..

As for the initial crash = that sucked for all, I highly doubt it was a deliberate act.
So next time, let's put in some standard rule for dealing with this instead of rehashing this over and over.

I'll propose:
If there is a game impacting incident on opening, All CEO's have 20 minutes to lodge a complaint and all CEO's can vote on a re-start. Re-start must be one hour after initial opening. Majority wins with Sysop deciding on a tie break.
Ideally everyone "pauses" during the discussion.
If it occurs again: Welcome to WAR - where the best laid plans last until first contact with the Telnet server...

Meaning you can't complain 2-3 hours later and ask for a re-start the next day when your competition isn't available.

MODERATORS: Can we move this and some of the other posts out of this.

Thanks!

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:02 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Hammer_2 wrote:
Can we all just drop it now, move on? Prestone included here..

Why should I? They are the ones in the wrong. First by using bugs and second by refusing to acknowledge and apologize. In a game they aren't even playing in.

At this point they are Members not in the game, Forum rule 4. specifically states how to handle these situations.

MODERATORS: Please ban Lonestar from this thread in accordance with rule 4.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:42 pm
Commander

prestone2 wrote:

MODERATORS: Please ban Lonestar from this thread in accordance with rule 4.

Attachments:
EC71ADA1-82F5-4FA6-B193-6A008F0C15D2.gif
EC71ADA1-82F5-4FA6-B193-6A008F0C15D2.gif [ 494.1 KiB | Viewed 7650 times ]

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:09 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant

prestone2 wrote:
LoneStar wrote:
Our entire strategy was based on the first minute of game-opening. It didn't work; we learned, adapted, moved on, and are waiting for FiRE.

Moved on? Why lie?

2 members of your team did not move on. 3 weeks after quitting they used bugs to try and ruin the game, which got your whole team deleted.

As far as waiting for "FiRE"...I am not sure why you would think that these 2 individuals will even be allowed to participate in the next tournament.

Lie about what? Dude none of us have logged in since the first night. What is it that makes you think we didn't move on?

Also, which two individuals are you referring to, that you think were "using bugs" (to do what exactly, since nobody on this team had any intent of entering the tournament again)? And how exactly is it that you think you know who the two were? Because you are most likely wrong.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:53 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant

prestone2 wrote:
LoneStar wrote:

Dude seriously, have some respect. You might not agree with Lone, but he wrote most of the scripts that 2/3 of the community still use today. Yourself most likely included. In fact, I know you were running mombot in the last tourney, and a good bit of that is his code. (Along with many others, but - Lone is a principal author.)

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:55 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Shadow wrote:
prestone2 wrote:
LoneStar wrote:

Dude seriously, have some respect. You might not agree with Lone, but he wrote most of the scripts that 2/3 of the community still use today. Yourself most likely included. In fact, I know you were running mombot in the last tourney, and a good bit of that is his code. (Along with many others, but - Lone is a principal author.)

His coding on mombot is irrelevant.

You want to talk about respect. Have some respect for the rules. Have some respect for the truth. Have some respect for the the people running and playing in the game.

Yourself and Pinocchio will get no respect from me. Why? Because of your actions. You both continue to deny the truth which makes you both liars.

I'm done with you as well, Cowan.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:02 am
Lieutenant

prestone2 wrote:
I'm done with you as well, Cowan.

Now I get it - the arrogance, the ad hominem attacks, and now this. prestone = farley. makes a lot of sense actually. You managed to push yourself into a corner where nobody would play with you so you changed your name.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:39 am
Profile ICQ
Warrant Officer

Hammer_2 wrote:
If there is a game impacting incident on opening, All CEO's have 20 minutes to lodge a complaint and all CEO's can vote on a re-start. Re-start must be one hour after initial opening. Majority wins with Sysop deciding on a tie break.

You are living in a fantasy if you think anyone with a advantage is going to vote yes to a restart. I think that was proven at the beginning of this tourney.

I am amused at all the new rules you people are coming up with! I have to ask why are all these NEW rules necessary? Did JP release a new version when i wasn't looking? I was of the understanding even he couldn't update the code at this point. If it is truly a server deficiency then why haven't we needed these 'workarounds' before?

Hey, whatever you think it takes to get you the "w" right?

Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:48 am
Chief Warrant Officer

Shadow wrote:
Now I get it - the arrogance, the ad hominem attacks, and now this. prestone = farley. makes a lot of sense actually. You managed to push yourself into a corner where nobody would play with you so you changed your name.

Thanks for that brother I needed it after a long week. I played with Farley one time and he did teach me that word. I must say is very fitting.

We'll have a good laugh about it in the tourney tonight.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:02 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

rider2 wrote:
Hammer_2 wrote:

You are living in a fantasy if you think anyone with a advantage is going to vote yes to a restart. I think that was proven at the beginning of this tourney.

I am amused at all the new rules you people are coming up with! I have to ask why are all these NEW rules necessary? Did JP release a new version when i wasn't looking? I was of the understanding even he couldn't update the code at this point. If it is truly a server deficiency then why haven't we needed these 'workarounds' before?

Listen Bob the Builder, you've talked up your tough 'builders job site' language but so far you've been far to much of a coward to directly accuse anyone of cheating. I personalty have beaten you guys so many times, so effortlessly why would I cheat? If I turn up properly, you loose, it's a given and proven.

As LS has said, good player's don't need to cheat.

Frankly it's enough to make me done with the game having the character of other Tradewar players including myself attacked because of paranoid morons like you.

I'm actually trying to help find a solution here, why won't you. the F'ing constant attacking of game ops/players by you and other idoits is what f'ing this game up.. not the bugs.. have a good think about that when your playing the next tournament by yourself.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:06 pm
Gameop

Shadow wrote:
Lie about what? Dude none of us have logged in since the first night. What is it that makes you think we didn't move on?

Really? Totally just lied there since 2 of your corp members did...

Shadow wrote:

Its seriously not Farley...

rider2 wrote:

It honestly was discussed, had it been brought up with in the hour a restart would have been considered, lets face it everyone was scrambling the first hour. 3-4 hours in we were just getting straightened out, at the 3-4 hour mark at that time would have been where we were in 45 to an hour IMO. Much like you and the rest of your corp that first hour was very well planned out. After the server crash, people not getting in ect. -EVERYONE- had to adapt. Some did it better then others. I speak for my self but I was fairly worried.

HHT 2020

Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:50 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant

Kane wrote:
Really? Totally just lied there since 2 of your corp members did...

Are you talking about the script they tested? Nobody actually logged in to the game or had any intention to. They were dead and stayed dead. If not, what the frack are you talking about?

Quote:
Its seriously not Farley...

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, spouts (incorrect) ad hominem attacks like a duck...

Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:11 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant

Hammer_2 wrote:
I personalty have beaten you guys so many times, so effortlessly why would I cheat? If I turn up properly, you loose, it's a given and proven.

And yet you won't show up in any games other than once or twice a year in shitty tournament edits. We win games year round, in all sorts of edits.

I would take this comment seriously if you were actually willing to show up and play against us often enough to prove it. In tournaments, I have personally beaten you/your team as often as I have lost to them over the last three or four years.

Quote:
As LS has said, good player's don't need to cheat.

I don't think he was suggesting you cheated. Did I miss something?

I certainly don't think you need to cheat - and you know that I consider you, and your team, the best players out there besides the ones I play with regularly. You're always a challenge, and we were looking forward to a good game, but sadly it didn't turn out that way, for a myriad of reasons.

I agree with the rest of your sentiment - let's just all give it a rest and move on.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:16 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next