View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Playing in a tourney 
Ambassador

Unread post Playing in a tourney
I just started in the Tourney Practice Game. 5k sectors 1.2k turns

I entered the game, mowed to dock, sold my merchant cruiser (3tpw/75 holds, 5 xport) and bought a Merchant Freighter (2tpw/65 holds, 5 xport). I added 30 figs and a holo scanner. PPTed for 100k, bought full holds (35) and bought 116 figs. I then PPTed down to 250 turns and the total take was 600k credits. (Port density in a stock game is 40%). I bought a sitter (72k with an 8 xport), mowed out 5 sectors in the Merchant Freighter and xported back to the sitter. I have 375k credits and I am ready for the next PPTer.

So what comes next? The goal is to have a blue with a commish for furbing, a red for SSM (actually SST would be better) and 4 more men to do it with we would have 4800 turns to do it.

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Commander

Unread post Re: Playing in a tourney
The next player should take that 600K, upgrade a port to get 1 align, get into a mid-size cargo ship, dump colos, bust planets, and start SSM. Make sure they have the first player's port data so they don't waste turns looking for pairs.

Actually, depending on the number of turns, the first player could switch from PPT to SSM as soon as they have the minimum cash to do so. They'd probably make a lot more that way. Plus, depending how red they get, it might be cheaper for the blue to get commish from hitting the red's personal figs.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]