View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:25 pm



Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 EP Haggle 2018 - Call for Changes / Bug Reports 
Author Message
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:00 am
Posts: 1113
Location: Augusta, GA
Unread post EP Haggle 2018 - Call for Changes / Bug Reports
Happy 2018! I'm planning to release my updated Haggle script next weekend. I'd like to know what problems you've seen since the 2017v2 release from this past October.

My primary goal with the 2018 release is to address any lingering issues (so please point them out), and to greatly reduce the number of variables used. Removing some of these in-memory variables will slow it down slightly, but the optimizations I added this past October should more than offset this.

Additionally, I'm currently writing 4 Sector Parameters per product (Fuel Ore, Orgs, Equip), so up to 12 per sector. I may (lower priority) try to reduce this to a single Sector Parameter, so I need to know if anyone is relying on my current Sector Parameters in their scripts. Today, these look like the following:
FUEL+ (equals Max Possible Fuel MCIC here)
FUEL- (equals Minimum Possible Fuel MCIC)
FUELL (equals Minimum Calculated Fuel Productivity here)
FUELH (equals Max Calculated Fuel Productivity here)
ORGANICS-
ORGANICS+
ORGANICSL
ORGANICSH
EQUIPMENT-
EQUIPMENT+
EQUIPMENTL
EQUIPMENTH

Let me know if you are using any of these, and I'll consider that when making changes for the 2018 version.

+EP+

_________________
Claim to Fame: only guy to ever crack the TW haggle algorithm, and fig/shield/hold price formula, twice.


Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 192
Location: Virginia
Unread post Re: EP Haggle 2018 - Call for Changes / Bug Reports
ElderProphet wrote:
Happy 2018! I'm planning to release my updated Haggle script next weekend. I'd like to know what problems you've seen since the 2017v2 release from this past October.

My primary goal with the 2018 release is to address any lingering issues (so please point them out), and to greatly reduce the number of variables used. Removing some of these in-memory variables will slow it down slightly, but the optimizations I added this past October should more than offset this.

Additionally, I'm currently writing 4 Sector Parameters per product (Fuel Ore, Orgs, Equip), so up to 12 per sector. I may (lower priority) try to reduce this to a single Sector Parameter, so I need to know if anyone is relying on my current Sector Parameters in their scripts. Today, these look like the following:
FUEL+ (equals Max Possible Fuel MCIC here)
FUEL- (equals Minimum Possible Fuel MCIC)
FUELL (equals Minimum Calculated Fuel Productivity here)
FUELH (equals Max Calculated Fuel Productivity here)
ORGANICS-
ORGANICS+
ORGANICSL
ORGANICSH
EQUIPMENT-
EQUIPMENT+
EQUIPMENTL
EQUIPMENTH

Let me know if you are using any of these, and I'll consider that when making changes for the 2018 version.

+EP+


I've had no issues since the 2017v2 release, it seems to have fixed most of them. Thank you!

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:25 am
Profile ICQ
Gunnery Sergeant

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:11 pm
Posts: 25
Unread post Re: EP Haggle 2018 - Call for Changes / Bug Reports
I haven't had any issues either since 2017v2.

Thanks EP for keeping this script updated. It is my number one used script.


Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:43 pm
Profile
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:00 am
Posts: 1113
Location: Augusta, GA
Unread post Re: EP Haggle 2018 - Call for Changes / Bug Reports
How's everyone's 2018 going?

I'm considering a mid-year feature update of my Haggle. So far I'm not seeing any DERIVE FAILED errors (since 2017v2), and the array cleanup I introduced with the 2018 release is a major win behind the scenes. Is anyone seeing any issues?

+EP+

_________________
Claim to Fame: only guy to ever crack the TW haggle algorithm, and fig/shield/hold price formula, twice.


Sun May 27, 2018 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3739
Location: USA
Unread post Re: EP Haggle 2018 - Call for Changes / Bug Reports
No issues here. What feature are you thinking about adding?

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155 ... adewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Mon May 28, 2018 1:11 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:00 am
Posts: 1113
Location: Augusta, GA
Unread post Re: EP Haggle 2018 - Call for Changes / Bug Reports
I'm considering a few things...
A) Burst Haggle - sends (as a burst) max overbid and acceptable Final Offer
B) Planet Trade bailout when the Final Offer comes prematurely - can be a huge number of credits.
C) per item Haggle And Hold

I'm also hoping to add some provision for the mythical 5 EXP haggle. This sounds sexy, but it's only possible on rare occasions, and the port has to be at 100%. And if this is toggled on, it will make a little less cash than normal too. But it will be sexy ;)

Feel free to indicate if any of these are of interest to you,
+EP+

_________________
Claim to Fame: only guy to ever crack the TW haggle algorithm, and fig/shield/hold price formula, twice.


Tue May 29, 2018 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:00 am
Posts: 135
Location: USA
Unread post Re: EP Haggle 2018 - Call for Changes / Bug Reports
Yay! Sexy!

_________________
The New Order
24.211.122.98:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66


Thu May 31, 2018 9:41 pm
Profile
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3739
Location: USA
Unread post Re: EP Haggle 2018 - Call for Changes / Bug Reports
ElderProphet wrote:
I'm considering a few things...
A) Burst Haggle - sends (as a burst) max overbid and acceptable Final Offer
B) Planet Trade bailout when the Final Offer comes prematurely - can be a huge number of credits.
C) per item Haggle And Hold

I'm also hoping to add some provision for the mythical 5 EXP haggle. This sounds sexy, but it's only possible on rare occasions, and the port has to be at 100%. And if this is toggled on, it will make a little less cash than normal too. But it will be sexy ;)

Feel free to indicate if any of these are of interest to you,
+EP+


Ah.. here's a question. When planet trading, how do I use yours? I' m just so accustomed to using Mombot >neg.

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155 ... adewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Thu May 31, 2018 9:55 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:00 am
Posts: 1113
Location: Augusta, GA
Unread post Re: EP Haggle 2018 - Call for Changes / Bug Reports
Mine always takes over once the port makes an offer, for both ship or planet trades. So you would initiate the trade, specify the quantity, and when the port makes an offer my haggle takes over.

_________________
Claim to Fame: only guy to ever crack the TW haggle algorithm, and fig/shield/hold price formula, twice.


Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3739
Location: USA
Unread post Re: EP Haggle 2018 - Call for Changes / Bug Reports
ElderProphet wrote:
Mine always takes over once the port makes an offer, for both ship or planet trades. So you would initiate the trade, specify the quantity, and when the port makes an offer my haggle takes over.



Ah.. OK. I'll ask Xanos if he's board if he can modify a planet trading script he made for me to use your haggle instead of Mombot. ;)

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155 ... adewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:50 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:00 am
Posts: 135
Location: USA
Unread post Re: EP Haggle 2018 - Call for Changes / Bug Reports
Something I've observed while using this script.

I have Windows 8.1, SWATH 2.0, and TWXProxy 2.5.73.

While using the World SSM script in SWATH with EP Haggle, I notice that when I bust my max holds (displayed on the left in SWATH) changes to 250. This prevents refurbing.

_________________
The New Order
24.211.122.98:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66


Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:51 pm
Profile
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 2046
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post Re: EP Haggle 2018 - Call for Changes / Bug Reports
Swath doesn't always play nice with TWX Proxy

Just press / for quickinfo to update swath.
you can also and a echo "/" in you script to update swath.

I would recommend running a WorldSSM script in TWXproxy instead though.

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

Do not try and bend the spoon. That’s impossible.
Instead… only try to realize there is no spoon.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:37 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.