View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Deep South server issues 
1st Sergeant

Unread post 
Greeting all. The server IS still in existence, despite the connection problems as of late. Ever since last week's ice storms that went through Georgia, the server has not operated properly. Stonewall has a device which is supposed to change IP addresses automatically should a problem with one arise, but that device has been going haywire. It normally changes said address 3 or 4 times a year, and has done so at LEAST 3 times in the past 8 days. I think part of the issue is that it is doing so and not updating the routing to it, so no connections are working.
In any case, whatever the reason, it is down for now. It has been up twice in the last 2 days, for just a few minutes at a time before other problems take it down again. Stonewall needs to be there to fix it, but he is not -- he is on duty with the US Army National Guard and can only return home to check on it when he gets some leave. He just recently had some, so I am unsure when he'll be able to get back again to look at it.
I'll be sure to post here again when the server is fully operational. Sorry for the downtime.
Moreover, if this DOES effect the tournament that I planned on hosting, I'll let you know of changes to its start time. Since it coincided with USO anyway, this is not necessarily a bad thing. :)

Rincrast

Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
1st Sergeant

Unread post 
Well, wouldn't you know. :) The server is back up now, and here is the reason why. Stonewall made a note of it:
By: Stonewall

Ok,

I found out the problem with the server. One of the CPU fans has started to go out on me.

The temporary fix was take the case off and put a house fan blowing on high directly onto the motherboard.

Two more fans have been ordered and will be received in about a week, so it will be down temporarily when those come in so they can be installed.

I apologize for all the temporary down times, and must admit I had to trouble shoot my machine through cell phone over 300 miles away. So, things are a little hard.

Hopefully all of you understand and accept my apologizes for the down time.

Stonewall

....as you can see, it should be in good shape!

Rincrast

Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:12 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]