View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Firefox 
Sergeant

Unread post 
The message board displays poorly under Firefox. It should really support more than just Internet Exploder.

Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. -- Vince Lombardi

Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:39 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Unread post 
this has been brought up many many many many times.
it doesnt look to change.. well ever
so in conclusion, atleast for this site, use IE :)

Slim

--==[The Outfit]==--

Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:24 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Sergeant

Unread post 
Using Internet Exploder isn't an option for those who don't have Exploder to start with.

Exploder == BAD
ASP == BAD
Microsoft == EVIL

Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. -- Vince Lombardi

Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:28 am
Profile ICQ
Staff Sergeant

Unread post 
**looks around for a crowbar to pry his tongue out from between his teeth.**

Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:54 am
Sergeant

Unread post 
Okay, maybe BAD and EVIL are excessively harsh descriptive terms for Exploder, ASP and Microsoft.

Erm, then again, no they're not.

Don't make a habit of biting your tongue lest you end up like one of my friends. He liked to bite the tip of his tongue while driving. It was actually quite the cute quirky habit up until the local Menards decided not to fill in the giant pothole that developed in the parking lot last winter.

Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:16 am
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Unread post 
that Darn menards! i hit that pothole as well... except i wasnt biting my tounge... i was picking my nose... my finger went so far up that i could move my eyeball from the inside... it was a cool party trick but made it tough to get chicks.

Slim

--==[The Outfit]==--

Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:25 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Warrant Officer

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by ~no.angel~

The message board displays poorly under Firefox. It should really support more than just Internet Exploder.

I'll cast my vote for compatibility as well. [;)] I'm using Firefox exclusively now. I only ever open IE to snag Windows Updates and even then I'm not to thrilled about it. I've never liked IE and I'm certainly not going back just for this website. There are millions of people using Firefox and that should be more than enough reason to make one's site compatible, IMHO.

Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:26 am
Commander

Unread post 
The only problem I've seen with these forums in regards to firefox is a poor display of the drop down menus. It's not that they don't work or are even difficult to use, it's just that they take up a lot more room than they should. Is that really worth complaining about?

Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:47 pm
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by Harley Nuss (teamEIS)

The only problem I've seen with these forums in regards to firefox is a poor display of the drop down menus. It's not that they don't work or are even difficult to use, it's just that they take up a lot more room than they should. Is that really worth complaining about?

Is it worth complaining about? No, but it is worth bringing up that there is a problem with the display for a browser that is becoming more and more popular. When the Netscape and IE browser war was in full swing, we wrote cross-browser support into the code, and yes it was a pain to do because some of the more impressive things to do to a website was not supported by someone. It is a hassle to support differing standards, but usually something that can be done.

We can put up with the display issue, post that there is a problem, or use IE. Most of us will post that there is a minor issue with the website display in hopes that it might be fixed. Typically the support of EIS has been excellent in the field of its product, and hopefully that support will continue in making its website cross-browser compatible.

"A man who has no skills can be taught, a man who has no honor has nothing."

Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:15 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Unread post 
Here is one for you, there are websites out there that let Firefox and the other Mozilla and Netscape style browsers see them but not the sound on the sites, are these going to be complained on then too, because there are far more of them out there that aren't completely friendly to these browsers too. So where is the difference? I don't have a problem either way I use both IE and Firefox. But I use Maxthon almost exclusively. It has features of both IE and Mozilla and has better security than IE or Mozilla. And it lets me see everything on any website! From my prespective this argument is moot because if they are going to change the format to the forum, it would have been changed by now. Just my .02 worth.

Vulcan

Forum and site down for now.
my Email is vulcan219@comcast.net now

Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:42 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant

Unread post 
Next thay will want it compatable ith Orical, Domino, and thr rest

Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:51 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Warrant Officer

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by Harley Nuss (teamEIS)

To give a completely honest answer, I don't think it's my opinion that matters. It's the opinion of the people responsible for the board and it seems pretty clear to me that they don't think so. I think that's unfortunate, but it's also their choice and not mine.

I do have to wonder why anyone besides the forum mods would argue against Firefox compatibility though. Why on Earth would some users oppose making it compatible with Firefox, especially if it's something that can be resolved by updating the forum's code to the latest version? How would any forum users benefit in any way shape or form from knowingly keeping it incompatible with Firefox, versus performing a simple upgrade? As long as it remains compatible with IE / Netscape or whatever people already use, why should they even care one way or the other?

If no one would be harmed by the upgrade but some users would be better off, then what kind of a person would oppose it? That seems irrational and selfish to me.

Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:55 am
Warrant Officer

Unread post 
quote:Originally posted by GodZilla

Next thay will want it compatable ith Orical, Domino, and thr rest

And what, exactly, would be so wrong with a wider range of compatibility? [?]

Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:00 am
Gameop

Unread post 
If it is compatable to Netscape then it is compatable to Firefox, Netscape and Mozilla are based on the same basic browser technology, but Firefox is on a newer scale of that technology, and by far better as well.

Vulcan [8]

Forum and site down for now.
my Email is vulcan219@comcast.net now

Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:45 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

Unread post 
quote:
And what, exactly, would be so wrong with a wider range of compatibility? [?]

The time involved in making changes to it. None of us involved in making the forums run actually get paid for it. Also, this isn't an issue of compatability. In both Firefox and IE every feature of the forums works. I personally use firefox exclusively on here. It's only a matter of it displaying slightly differently between the two browsers.

Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:17 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next